Used 2003 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Don't Buy!
By bronsonc

2003 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used from a reliable source, and boy I regret ever since. First the springs went out, Chrysler charged me 1200. Then oil started to leak, had to fix that. Then the headlights wouldn't turn off, and electronics such as the heated seats stop working. But most of all, the engine starting knocking and I had to throw it out. Parts are expensive, and Dealers a pain. Done with GM!

Trip tonic Shifting.

My first car
By mike52583

2003 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My parents bought me this car in July 2009 for $8252 including tax. It had just over 59k mi. My mother thought the front end was too long. I mainly liked the body style and the power-adjustable driver's seat. After 3 mo, spent over $2k on all recommended maintenance to do at 60k mi + $600 fixing transmission. Later had tie rods & engine mounts replaced; timing belt+ water pump replaced at 78.5k mi. Spent at least $4,000 in maintenance in the 38 months I owned the car. It never broke down on me. Starting the car, always heard 2 clear cranks, then engine started. Just sold it at just under 79k mi in Oct. 2012.

pros- body style, power adjustable drivers seat, fold-down back seat, engine always started right after hearing 2nd crank, alloy wheels, good gas mileage considering the car's weight, doors lock automatically at 15mph, bell+ dome light if door not closed right. cons- 3 buttons to push to set cruise control, no switch to make dome light not come on when doors were opened, hi maintenance costs (previous owner may not have maintained well?), to accelerate fast enough had to step on gas so hard I heard disturbing over-reving engine noises, passenger space & trunk both excessive for my needs as a single person, lug nuts on wheels too difficult to remove, no full sized permanent spare wheel.

I wish the car had had a switch to make the dome light not come on when I opened the doors so I wouldn't worry that the battery would die if I didn't get out of the car quickly enough.

Love my LX
By kaci2

2003 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm an original owner of 2003 Sebring LX. I've got 200k miles on it, the only major repair I had was when I had to replace the water pump last year & by choice had the trans replaced right before the warranty expired. Other than normal wear & tear(brakes/plugs,etc) I have all original parts on the car...including the exhaust system. Maybe I just got lucky, but I love my 4-banger! :)

Never Again
By luckypilot

2003 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As a family we have owned our Sebring since new. It was one of those cars that would never fail for anything. Recently (within the past 6 months) if one thing has gone wrong everything has. Transmission, Cats, Head gasket, intake manifold gaskets. After nothing but Chryslers in our family since 1992, I am currently looking to buy something from another brand.

Good, and Reliable
By tman24

2003 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a year and a half. The previous owners treated it like crap, as in the oil looked like it had never been changed and the brakes ate the rotors, and there were cigarette burns in the seats. I got it for 3500 in 2009. I cleaned it out, changed the oil and brakes. Since then i haven't had any problems(short of vandalism) with the car. I bought it with 54k on it. It now has 75k and it feels better actually. You cant even feel the engine running, and shifts are smooth. I do all my own maintenance so i now know the car like the back of my hand. I feel the engine will last me at least 200k(my grandma sold hers with no problems at 150k).

V6,easy wiring layout(installed dvd player, and python security system), reliable engine. slim look, sun roof.

thicker fiberglass bumbers(not to sturdy, but ok), make battery easily accessible, don't put the engine in sideways!!.

• SUV