Used 2003 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Don't Buy!
By bronsonc

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used from a reliable source, and boy I regret ever since. First the springs went out, Chrysler charged me 1200. Then oil started to leak, had to fix that. Then the headlights wouldn't turn off, and electronics such as the heated seats stop working. But most of all, the engine starting knocking and I had to throw it out. Parts are expensive, and Dealers a pain. Done with GM!

Favorite Features

Trip tonic Shifting.

2003 to 2013 Ten year in the making.
By simnimbus

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since 2003, the belts, starter, radiator, idle air control unit, Tires, rear speakers, tune ups and oil changes were done over the past 10 years. Now at 130,000 mile, the struts are going to be replaced as well as the O2 sensors and the worn engine mounts. Inside the car, the visors, shift knob, automatic dimmer on the rear view mirror, steering wheel radio controls and the headlining are in need of repair. On the body, the paint on the bumper is starting to ware past the clearcoat, and the passenger side trunk in leaking and rusting inside the trunk on the underside behind the tail light. The car is a great mix of low cost performance and executive looks and middle class luxury.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, V6 3.0L, Infinity Sound system

Suggested Improvements

The opening on the trunk is smaller than many cars, so even if there is room in the trunk for an object, you may not be able to get things into this big space, because of the small openings that do access the trunk area. Big boxes will not ever fit. This is not a car to use to move things. 42" TV in the back seat, hell to put in and take out. This car is a car for people, but not big things. Most 2x12" subs will not fit into the trunk opening ether. The motor mounts could of lasted longer too IMO. But hey why do I know, it has been 130,000 miles.

chrysler sebring/ has been a great car/194,000 miles and going strong.
By melissa0207

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just wanted to say, i own a 2003 chrysler sebring, it still looks great, and runs great, of course ive had to do work on it, but what car 10 years old ,would you not? It is a good looking car and has 194,000 miles on it. Some people don't beleive it ,because it looks so good. this has been an exceptionally good car and still is. The only complaint i have with this car is the dash cracking!

Favorite Features

drives nice, good stereo, sunroof,sporty.

My first car
By mike52583

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My parents bought me this car in July 2009 for $8252 including tax. It had just over 59k mi. My mother thought the front end was too long. I mainly liked the body style and the power-adjustable driver's seat. After 3 mo, spent over $2k on all recommended maintenance to do at 60k mi + $600 fixing transmission. Later had tie rods & engine mounts replaced; timing belt+ water pump replaced at 78.5k mi. Spent at least $4,000 in maintenance in the 38 months I owned the car. It never broke down on me. Starting the car, always heard 2 clear cranks, then engine started. Just sold it at just under 79k mi in Oct. 2012.

Favorite Features

pros- body style, power adjustable drivers seat, fold-down back seat, engine always started right after hearing 2nd crank, alloy wheels, good gas mileage considering the car's weight, doors lock automatically at 15mph, bell+ dome light if door not closed right. cons- 3 buttons to push to set cruise control, no switch to make dome light not come on when doors were opened, hi maintenance costs (previous owner may not have maintained well?), to accelerate fast enough had to step on gas so hard I heard disturbing over-reving engine noises, passenger space & trunk both excessive for my needs as a single person, lug nuts on wheels too difficult to remove, no full sized permanent spare wheel.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the car had had a switch to make the dome light not come on when I opened the doors so I wouldn't worry that the battery would die if I didn't get out of the car quickly enough.

Mopar Or No Car....?
By brycmtthw

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car. I was looking for a Chrysler or a Dodge car, full or mid size (wouldn't consider a Neon..).(Yes I know its a Mitsubishi) I had looked at Concorde, Intrepid, 300M, Sebring Sedan and a couple of the coupes. I ultimately settled on the coupe. The 2.5G is the best looking IMHO. Modern, and cleaner looking than before. The 3.0 Mitsubishi engine and the AUTO are excellent! The interior is comfortable, the Infinity stereo is awesome! But the dash, they are known for warping in the defrost area. but for the price and the mileage on the car, it was a steal! Beware that 91 octane fuel is recommended! other wise I love my Sebring!

Favorite Features

Quad beam head lights of the 2003-2005. Sunroof. Infinity Stereo with the 4disc changer and the steering wheel controls. 3.0 engine. The amber rear turn signals, I appreciate this and won't consider another car with out them! The solid feel of all the switches, buttons, and stalks. Impressive!

Suggested Improvements

Build quality; mainly the dashboard. Better quality catalytic converters. A better center speaker in the dash.