2003 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
2003 to 2013 Ten year in the making.
By simnimbus on 01/06/14 09:34 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since 2003, the belts, starter, radiator, idle air control unit, Tires, rear speakers, tune ups and oil changes were done over the past 10 years. Now at 130,000 mile, the struts are going to be replaced as well as the O2 sensors and the worn engine mounts. Inside the car, the visors, shift knob, automatic dimmer on the rear view mirror, steering wheel radio controls and the headlining are in need of repair. On the body, the paint on the bumper is starting to ware past the clearcoat, and the passenger side trunk in leaking and rusting inside the trunk on the underside behind the tail light. The car is a great mix of low cost performance and executive looks and middle class luxury.

chrysler sebring/ has been a great car/194,000 miles and going strong.
By melissa0207 on 02/20/13 05:54 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just wanted to say, i own a 2003 chrysler sebring, it still looks great, and runs great, of course ive had to do work on it, but what car 10 years old ,would you not? It is a good looking car and has 194,000 miles on it. Some people don't beleive it ,because it looks so good. this has been an exceptionally good car and still is. The only complaint i have with this car is the dash cracking!

My first car
By mike52583 on 10/27/12 20:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My parents bought me this car in July 2009 for $8252 including tax. It had just over 59k mi. My mother thought the front end was too long. I mainly liked the body style and the power-adjustable driver's seat. After 3 mo, spent over $2k on all recommended maintenance to do at 60k mi + $600 fixing transmission. Later had tie rods & engine mounts replaced; timing belt+ water pump replaced at 78.5k mi. Spent at least $4,000 in maintenance in the 38 months I owned the car. It never broke down on me. Starting the car, always heard 2 clear cranks, then engine started. Just sold it at just under 79k mi in Oct. 2012.

Mopar Or No Car....?
By brycmtthw on 05/22/12 17:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car. I was looking for a Chrysler or a Dodge car, full or mid size (wouldn't consider a Neon..).(Yes I know its a Mitsubishi) I had looked at Concorde, Intrepid, 300M, Sebring Sedan and a couple of the coupes. I ultimately settled on the coupe. The 2.5G is the best looking IMHO. Modern, and cleaner looking than before. The 3.0 Mitsubishi engine and the AUTO are excellent! The interior is comfortable, the Infinity stereo is awesome! But the dash, they are known for warping in the defrost area. but for the price and the mileage on the car, it was a steal! Beware that 91 octane fuel is recommended! other wise I love my Sebring!

Love my LX
By kaci2 on 09/22/11 11:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm an original owner of 2003 Sebring LX. I've got 200k miles on it, the only major repair I had was when I had to replace the water pump last year & by choice had the trans replaced right before the warranty expired. Other than normal wear & tear(brakes/plugs,etc) I have all original parts on the car...including the exhaust system. Maybe I just got lucky, but I love my 4-banger! :)

Never Again
By luckypilot on 07/17/11 13:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As a family we have owned our Sebring since new. It was one of those cars that would never fail for anything. Recently (within the past 6 months) if one thing has gone wrong everything has. Transmission, Cats, Head gasket, intake manifold gaskets. After nothing but Chryslers in our family since 1992, I am currently looking to buy something from another brand.

Good, and Reliable
By tman24 on 04/11/11 10:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a year and a half. The previous owners treated it like crap, as in the oil looked like it had never been changed and the brakes ate the rotors, and there were cigarette burns in the seats. I got it for 3500 in 2009. I cleaned it out, changed the oil and brakes. Since then i haven't had any problems(short of vandalism) with the car. I bought it with 54k on it. It now has 75k and it feels better actually. You cant even feel the engine running, and shifts are smooth. I do all my own maintenance so i now know the car like the back of my hand. I feel the engine will last me at least 200k(my grandma sold hers with no problems at 150k).

First Convertible
By kketchum on 02/07/11 16:20 PM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from my dad, who luckily for me, kept it very clean and up to date on all of it's scheduled maintenance. It's been a great first convertible to own. I plan on driving it until it doesn't run anymore, which will probably quite some time from now. The leather interior, heated seats, 6 disc changer make it hard for me to find another convertible with the same features for the value that I've gotten with this car. Plus, I get lots of attention in it when the top is down - someone always needs directions! :)

I'm so disappointed in Chrysler
By OcalaJo on 06/24/10 17:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've only owned Chrysler products (30+ yrs.); this is my last. The car is beautiful (after 7.5 yrs., the exterior is almost as beautiful as new, roomy, handles great, feels solid, the stereo is fantastic. It's a great ride--when it's working properly. But, the car spends so much time with my mechanic, I feel like it's cheating on me! Right after warranty expired, so did the transmission, and it's been one thing after another since! I've never had so many things go wrong with one car--and I've owned two others for 10+ years each! I'm really sad to be looking at other manufacturers' vehicles now.

really great looking sedan
By Ray H on 10/30/09 00:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I went looking for this specific model car and bought it at a really great price. I added a full warranty that got my leaky evaporator fixed for nothing. Otherwise the car has been great. the previous owner did not take great care of the car, but it was in great mechanical shape except for the A/C problem and poor shifting of the transmission. Since it had less than 70,000 miles on it, I had the dealer look at it, and with a computer upgrade, now it shifts perfectly. I run Prolong in the engine and it gets around 26 mpg on the freeway at 65 mph. I cannot complain, for a 200 hop V6 engine, that is great mileage. the engine is bigger than my 95 Dodge Stratus and gets better mileage.