It's several years later from first revi
By Shifter on
2002 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
It is now several years since my first posting. I still love my GTC, and it still looks showroom-clean. Twice the blower switch needed replacement, but aside from one headlight, the car has been trouble-free. The 5 speed is the best on snow and ice, and I like the control in rush hour (especially as a way of conserving fuel given the current cost). MPG in the city hovers between 21 and 24 depending on driving conditions. My second review (first in 2006) still radiates enthusiasm for this car. I still wish 1st gear had less resistance off the line, but all in all, I continue to love this car. A little Meguiar's Instant Detail keeps the black a high gloss and the wheels looking good.
Favorite Features
The five speed The roominess for four passengers For a convertible, very well insulated Four disk changer The absence of amenities and glitz is, I feel, a real plus. More goodies means, ultimately, simply more things to fix. The GTC 5 speed is simply a great ride!
Suggested Improvements
Still would like to see European-like flasher switch on dash rather than on the steering column. I agree that the battery is buried, and it is not easy to change a headlight.