2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
great car
By kc on 01/16/05 10:25 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

excellent car-- great ride -- fast enough for plenty of tickets! Ha! I commute in heavy traffic-- the car is very comfortable. Good stereo. Also a great cruiser. My only complaint is that the cup holders in the front are too low-- down under the dash and in the way of the CD player and lighter. This car needs very little maintainence and gets good mileage- 28 mpg in the city

excellent car
By Keith on 12/29/04 18:22 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first, and certainly not the last, Chrysler that I have purchased. I consistently get 24- 25 MPG with 2.7 V-6 and have recorded 30 on the highway. This is the only car that I have purchased new that has never had any warranty work done, period. The only complain that I have is the cheap Goodyear tires that came with the vehicle - (replaced after 32000 with Toyo tires that are much quieter and ride better). Overall, I would definitely recommend this car to anyone that is looking for a sedan.

Fun Car to Drive
By Wade on 12/29/04 16:43 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Sebring for a year now and I love it. I bought it with 30k. I did have some problems with the mileage odometer not working properly, it would flash NO BUS. This happened right at 35k and was repaired by a Chrysler Dealership at no charge of course. I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the A/C. Sometimes the A/C will stop blowing cold air and it feels like just the vent is on. If you tap the dash, however, the A/C kicks right back on. I thought this was kinda weird and wondering if this was a problem that other Sebring owners have had. Other than that I love my car.

Lemon
By Mitsi on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Sebring looks good, runs badly! We moved from Georgia to Colorado and the pick-up onto the highway, or even into traffic from a stop is terrible!! I even had it looked at, at the dealer to see if the altitude was affecting the engine or it need some adjustment, they thought I was crazy. Not only that, but it just passed 55,000 miles and has been in the shop twice in the past six months! Once for overheating when something broke, and just this week for the air conditioner compressor that had BAD screws. Apparently the screws are aluminum, (very soft metal)and they wore out(?) and they compressor fell to the bottom of the car taking the serpentine belt wit

Sebring 2002
By PAPASIR on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Electrical problems: From day one there was an intermittant problem with the headlight switch causing the dash lights to go on and off. Then the blower motor relay went out leaving me with only high speed on the blower. Next was the automitic door locks. Currently the doors will not lock except with the remote. This is all within the first 60,000 miles. Owned severl Toyota products and never had these kind of problems.

My Sebring
By Imdoug on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Since I have purchased my Sebring in 2001 I have not really had any problems with the car. I have had the regular oil changes and tire rotations. This has been a great car and gets the looks. I have people all the time wanting to know what year the car is and they can't believe that it's a 2002. I have to say this has been one of the best cars that Chrysler has made. I of course would love to have the 2004 Chrysler 300M. The limited edition one. I just can't find one. I would love to see them make that car again.

starr
By paul starr on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Let me just say that the only problem encountered after 69000 miles has been a headlight bulb. I have noticed the autotransmission sometimes seems to misshift. I am going to take it in for an alignment and have that checked. It has been a great little car. The average mileage is 27.4mpg So it actually getting better mileage than stated on the sticker. I have always used regular fuel. Paint is great on the car. Good stereo. Leather seats are very good. I certainly would by another sebring lxi if the styling and quality are equal to what my car has been

Awesome car!
By amw1 on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A great car for the money!!! Wonderful purchase for under $10k.....especially compared to the alternatives (Civic, Neon, Focus, Taurus, etc.). Drives like a dream!

Mopar Fan
By wplets on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ride is a little hard, as well as road noise in this LX version. Transmission began slipping in first 6 months, dealer replaced some pump, now doing same again. Had a '98 Cirrus with similar problem, but not until 85k.

4 Dr LX
By Jumpinjay on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good, no complaints, I drive up and down the East Coast, it is an easy car to drive in the city and a very good cruising car