2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Despite the reviews - I love my Sebring!
By Bill Warren on 06/13/06 23:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Having owned 3 Accords prior to my Sebring, I was surprisingly pleased at how much I enjoy driving this car! I love the exterior styling and get many compliments on it. Granted ... the 4 cycl engine is a bit rough, but I find it very responsive and able to make a freeway entrance ... okay, noisily & not particularly refined when you floor it... but I have never wished for more power. The front seats are very comfortable, the handling is quite good & a good ride. I am always surprised when reviews come up short ... and I, personally, have had zero problems with the reliability of my car. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new 2007 model ... a smaller version of the 300? We'll see ...

I love my Sebring!
By Bill Warren on 03/13/06 23:30 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like the way my Sebring handles ... a good, solid feel of the road; corners really well; the 4 cycl. provides more than adequate pep; very good braking; really like the seating ... supportive and yet comfortable ... a bit on the high side, which I prefer ... good view of the road; spacious & comfortable back seat, as well; only negative ... the transmission occasionally jerks when I let off to gas while accelerating.

Bravo Chrysler for a Value Car
By Shawn on 12/26/05 23:31 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car new over my wife's continuous objections; she wanted a BMW or SUV. Since we are not truck drivers and with two small kids, I decided on this car due to value, space, design and reputation. The car has served us very well. I would rather spend my money on something more meaningful than a stupid car; especially since my kids have turned the back seat in to a drive- in restaurant. I love the gas mileage and handling even though I am a speed enthusiast at heart. The only repair on the car has been the break pads and we had a problem with the A/C that was fixed for $125. The foregoing is after almost four years and 29,000 local driving miles. You can not go wrong for the money.

nothing but problems
By Andy on 11/10/05 19:35 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Although the car is fun to drive when everything is right, it has rarely been right for any extended period of time. The first three years we had 3 starter changes, one computer change, and various other engine problems. It died on us 3 times. After that a series of repairs were needed because various parts of the undercarriage support kept breaking. It felt like an old clunker. Even the new struts we bought were defective. Would strongly recommend that anyone buying a Sebring plan on also buying an extended warranty.

Great Car
By Scott on 08/17/05 16:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We love our Sebring! I am 6'4" and fit in it with lots of room and the baby seat for my daughter has plenty of room in the back as well. It handles good and has a great sound system. The 6 has good power and it has a smooth ride.

Good Value
By SeebSedan on 08/10/05 13:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

In April of 2005 I bought a used 2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX. I was coming from a 2000 Neon that suffered a lot of road and engine noise. Needless to say I was more than impressed with the 2.7L V6 and adequate interior space. Like others I think the dash design is a little dated but the fit and finish is nice. The front seats are wide and supportive. So far no mechanical problems, however the engine must be revved to about 5500 rpms to get any notable acceleration. Once and a while when the headlights or driving lights are on, and I turn on the turn signal the interior lights blink on and off - has anyone else had this problem?

My first family car!
By Staci A on 07/17/05 08:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used and I LOVE it. We have a 2 year old in a car seat and a baby on the way, so we needed a car with plenty of room. It's got enough room in the back seat for adults to be comfortable even if front seats are pushed all the way back. I looked into foreign make cars, but ones this price range were so tiny. I get lots of compliments because even though this is our family car, it looks really nice. My dad has this car too (and he's a tough sell). The less-than- great gas mileage doesn't bother me since I work, go to church and my daughter's sitter are all within a 3 mile radius of my home.

Verrry Disappointed
By Sad and Broke on 03/21/05 10:33 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Car is a great car if you want to pay full price for limited life of the engine.The problem with this car is the unreliabilty issues with the 6.7 liter engine. I had the car checked by a Chrysler center the day before I left on vacation and the service department could find nothing wrong even though a service engine light had come on. 250 miles away from home, the engine light came back on and I was on the interstate on a Saturday with two small kids and nothing open. Rented a car for three days and another week while waiting on a part to come in.A year later at 74k miles just over warranty, the engine went. Repair shop said familiar story on these 6.7L engines. Cost $3,000 for new motor.

Fun car to drive
By caffeinefree3 on 03/02/05 14:46 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have the 2.7 L six cylinder version.It handles great and has lots of punch. Very quiet ride too. I only have had one problem. One of the transmission cooling lines became loose and had to be reclamped. Happenned at 37,000 miles so was not covered under basic 3 year, 36,000 warranty. My luck!

great car
By kc on 01/16/05 10:25 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

excellent car-- great ride -- fast enough for plenty of tickets! Ha! I commute in heavy traffic-- the car is very comfortable. Good stereo. Also a great cruiser. My only complaint is that the cup holders in the front are too low-- down under the dash and in the way of the CD player and lighter. This car needs very little maintainence and gets good mileage- 28 mpg in the city