Used 2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Very Happy after 8 years
By Joanie

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really lucked out with this car. I got it for a wonderful price and nothing major has gone wrong with it at all. I have been so happy with this car. I don't know if I just got really lucky but it has out performed my previous 3 Mazdas.. I couldn't continue with the Mazdas because they got too pricey for me at the time so I went American and boy am I happy I did. Only had to do basic maintenance- brake pads- rotors - new tires etc. But nothing else! I hope a I have as good luck with my next purchase.

I like the dashboard, I like the way it handles, like the space, good trunk size, like that the back seats go down

Visibility- just has a bad blind spot using rear side view mirrors. (That was listed in review when I bought it, too)

Dangerous In Winter!
By mrs.fonz

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have very cold winters here. Bought with less than 20,000 miles on it. Resistor in blower motor broke, REPEATEDLY! Had persistent front axle problems! Once original brakes needed replacement, they were never right. Wiper motor died. Transmission troubles. ALL window motors quit working! Once the extended service warranty ran out, all these were VERY expensive to fix! Brake pedal FROZEN at cold temps! Apparently I'm the only one who had this problem? We don't have a garage. Took it back to the dealer over & over. They couldn't fix it! This car was supposed to go with my daughter when she went away to a school farther north. She ended up with the "new" car as I didn't trust this one!

A fun car to drive! Excellent pick- up! Looks good. Comfy. Loved the back seat fold-up for extra cargo space! Good gas mileage.

Fix overall mechanical flaws, esp. those DANGEROUS brakes!

Great Car Overall
By Dale

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the comfort and handling of this car. It does have the 2.7 V-6, which I am familiar with the oil sludge issue, but will take care to prevent clogging with regular oil changes and motor flushes. This car is quick upon acceleration, quiet, offers a soft, stable ride, as well as good gas mileage. I'm averaging around 28 miles per gallon in my Sebring.

All of them. The locations to all feature controls are simple to understand and well within reach.

Better door guides, they have parts that tend to crack, causing the doors to creak upon opening and closing.

whats all the complaining
By dodgedriver1

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car new 8yrs ago and love it. i dont know what people are complaining about with the PROPER care and alittle maintinence this car will last.i now have 110,000 trouble free miles on this car. i will never own anything but chrysler made products.

styling

none

Nice Car!
By adam07

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new 8 years ago and still love this thing! Its so stylish and luxurious for $22,000. After 7 years the battery died once, the struts rattle on bumps and could use a replacement, and I need to replace the wiper blades because squeak really loud when you use them, so it has its typical wear and tear but the interior still has a newish smell amazing because I have 3 kids riding in it all the time! There is a lot of road noise but overall it is my favorite car I've had. I love the way it drives, it has sporty suspension which turns really well and has really good pick-up for a small V6 which means good gas mileage, I would say it gets about 23mph. Good job Chrysler!

Leather, power seats, and fuel sipping yet fast V6

More sound insulation, heated seats(Though the 2003 model year features heated seats), and better cup holder location.

• SUV