Used 2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Great car for less $$
By Joretta

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is not luxury by any means but it will get you there!

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXI Sedan
By natelxi

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is worth more than the $3,000 I paid for it, especially if you consider the negative experiences that are reported. My Sebring was purchased with 140,000 miles on it, and from what I noticed, the previous owner took GOOD CARE OF IT. Obviously if you neglect your car, run it to the ground, and forget to change the oil on time, sludge will become a harsh reality. Timing belt or chain? No issues here. This car is very underrated, and I think more people need to report the positives on this car, such as, the sharp style of the body, the actual quality of the 2.7 liter engine, and the interior build quality. I use Mobile 1 extended performance synthetic motor oil. I love my Sebring.

The sharp interior style and leather seats, sun roof, and the entire car is solid. Looks great when its washed.

More room for big men like me in this car.

By dale330

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It's been a couple years since I posted, so I wanted to do a follow up. My car now has 93,000 miles on it and has lost considerable fuel mileage. I'll have it tuned up this year, but stay away from Bosch Platinum+4 plugs. I used those in my last tune up and lost 3-4 mpg's. Other than that I'm still happy with my car. The engine is clean, no sign of sludge and I still run full synthetic oil through it. I've been doing a lot more driving with it over the last year and have no qualms with the reliability of my car. My car, by the way, is actually an LX, but with the V-6 engine. Edmunds doesn't include the V-6 option with the LX.

Power everything, and the heater is excellent. The car warms up quickly in the winter months.

Not that it matters now, but a softer ride would have been better when this car was still being made.

Chrysler Sebring Lxi 2002 2.6v6
By londonlad1

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with no pre-conceptions of Chrysler, I'm from the UK. It was exceptionally clean and well cared for with 114k on the clock, looked factory new inside and out. It's reliable, nice to drive, excellent driver ergonomics. The interior is tasteful and well built. The bodywork is of high quality. BUT! before you buy, check to see if the timing chain and water pump have been changed. Be aware that when the water pump fails as they all do eventually, it will end up fouling the engine oil if left too long as it's INSIDE the crankcase and runs off the timing chain. Repair is approx. $1350.00 at a Chrysler dealer. Be sure to factor this in when haggling! Check your coolant often!

Comfortable driver's seat. Smooth, powerful engine, reasonably economical. 31-34mpg on highway, replaced spark plugs and an O2 sensor. Prior milage 27-28 mpg on the highway. Nice interior built from quality materials.

Brakes could be better. Rear head restraints should have been included. Leather seats would have been nice as standard on the top end model.

Never again
By fayga

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had it 3 years put in over 3500 bucks into it one week after driving it off the lot had some silly light sensor go out.
I was not very happy with the quality of the car, the last straw was the reclining seat part broke so it was a hazard to drive thinking it was going to pop out of the lock i had made since it was going to cost over 500 to get it fixed.

The only thing I liked was it was comfy to drive.

Anything!