2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Best Convertible I have ever owned
By Convertible Lady on 05/23/10 23:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have been the only owner of my Sebring 2002 Convertible. I have changed the oil religiously about every 3000 miles, changed the tranny fluid, and done other preventative maintenance as suggested. The only problem I have had with my vehicle is with the seat belt light staying on. I changed out a fuse and had the box reset and that helped for about two weeks. The light came back on. It doesn't bother me to have the light on so I leave it alone. The only other problem I had was with some small piece in the system that cost about $100 (it caused the car to shut down at stop lights). I got that fixed and everything is ok again. It has been a great car..no lemon. I am over 100k mi. now.

GTC 5 SPEED: UPDATE
By Shifter on 04/06/09 13:07 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Update: 44,000 miles. My "black-on- black beauty" 5 speed manual continues to be just that. The mirror-like finish remains deep and clear, and still maintains like-new appearance. The last tank of fuel (city driving) yielded 23 mpg, and that fluctuates in a range of 21-23 city--all on original plugs. With the exception of two switch replacements in the heat-ac blower, the car has been absolutely mechanically excellent. One change noted, however, is the presence in Winter, when the cabin is cold, of loud squeaky sounds where the top meets the windshield frame. As the cabin heats up the sound diminishes in loudness. Handling remains tight & I love the 5 speed control in snow and rain.

It's several years later from first revi
By Shifter on 05/11/08 11:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It is now several years since my first posting. I still love my GTC, and it still looks showroom-clean. Twice the blower switch needed replacement, but aside from one headlight, the car has been trouble-free. The 5 speed is the best on snow and ice, and I like the control in rush hour (especially as a way of conserving fuel given the current cost). MPG in the city hovers between 21 and 24 depending on driving conditions. My second review (first in 2006) still radiates enthusiasm for this car. I still wish 1st gear had less resistance off the line, but all in all, I continue to love this car. A little Meguiar's Instant Detail keeps the black a high gloss and the wheels looking good.

A Piece of the 50
By renewedamericanbuyer on 03/14/08 23:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Formerly a Jaguar owner going through a mid-life crisis, I decided to bite the proverbial bullet purchasing a Bright Silver Sebring GTC. Though not a Jaguar by far, it is an absolute joy to drive, except for the constant, rough transmission shifting in and out of 1st gear (auto), rain dropping in with a window open (a simple rain drip molding at the windshield would solve this issue), cheap interior trim that even Hyundai surpasses in quality, lack of what we currently deem necessary standard equipment absent, unavailable, or non-equipped from the factory, and an enhanced ownership program would be nice, after all, isn't that what the merger with Mercedes was meant to do? Where's the substance?!

GTC Needs Something
By snowdogg on 02/21/08 13:55 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fun but all the design/build shortcuts make it a question mark as to how long it will hold up. I drive more than 20K miles a year and can see potential problems ahead. At 50K the brakes seem like they need to be replaced, the suspension groans and creaks, the body has lots of rattles and there are small but annoying noises coming from behind the dash. The washer fluid freezes in the winter, the car takes very long to warm up, there is not even a height adjustment on the driver's seat and I can see wear on the convertible top from rubbing on the frame. i wish that I could say lots of good things about it. I really wanted to "drive American" but this unit is a disappointment!

Fun Daily Driver
By snowdogg on 05/21/07 12:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Sebring GTC is my second convertible, much different from my '95 Cutlass Supreme. I plan on using this car for commuting on a year 'round basis (in Vermont). It remains to be seen how it will fare in winter, but with FWD and good snow tires I think it will be OK. Gas mileage is good at 28-30 mpg on regular, the top is truly weatherproof and interior quiet with top up.

Chrysler Quality Lacks
By Larry on 10/27/06 11:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Chrysler vehicles just do not meet the quality and resale value of Chevrolet and Ford. I bought this car new and paid 28K, 4 years later and 25K miles, it's only worth 10K. At 24K miles, the driver door hinge broke, and a hose above the fuel tank is defective, cost, $400.00 to repair.

Fun in the sun - warm ride in winter
By Shifter on 03/12/06 10:03 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My black-on-black beauty consistently turns in 21-24 mpg in the city. Love the control afforded by the 5 speed. Wish 1st gear afforded greater and longer oomph off the line. That being said, the power is adequate and the growl audible as the GTC whines through the gears quickly toward a rapidly achieved 60. Four-windows-down is terrific! Black finish is mirror- like perfect. I actually like the non- glitz of the interior with minimal amenities. The 4 CD changer is outstanding! The heater in Winter (or cool evenings with top down)is the best! Inside of top is well padded and nicely hides structural bars. Back seat room is simply the best! The top boot cover is easy-on and easy-off.

GTC 5-Speed
By David Sanders on 01/14/05 16:37 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my GTC for a year and a half. It's a great car, fun to drive. It was a Chrysler Executive Vehicle that was never titled until I bought it. I have put 25,000 miles on it since I got it. It drives great and I love the 5-speed. The interior is a little plain though. It would be nice to have pockets on the backs of the seats for maps, etc. I have not had ANY trouble with the car at all. I have only had it into the dealership once and that was because the passenger window was sluggish when putting down the top. It wasn't all the way down when the top was!

Best Buy Convertible
By aaronelbaron on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Closing in on one year of ownership I am very pleased with this vehicle. The ride comfort and performance are balanced perfectly. You can enjoy both long trips (or commutes) and at the same time dive into a corner without worrying about losing control. The car drives faster than you feel so it is easy to exceed the speed limit. Even with the automatic, acceleration is great. This is the lowest priced true 4 seat convertible on the market, so if you must go topless, go Sebring.