Used 2002 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

I just purchased my Sebring from a dealership auct
By Terry Higgins

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 5spd and I haven't seen too many more like it. I recently had a stage one clutch in it and I'm also going to put a hyper chip in it and possibly NOS. I've got over 200,000 miles on it but it drives like it's off the showroom floor. I have outrun brand new mustangs 5.0 & quite a few brand new trucks as well. And I haven't even put in my chip, or cold air intake. I don't think that I get anywhere near the estimated mpg on either. It is what it is... I've got a service soon light on and it lists all kinds of possibilities. It's all mainly oxygen sensors and other small thing's. I absolutely love my car. Can't wait until I'm done with it, just to see how fast a 3.0 can go..

Great car for less $$
By Joretta

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is not luxury by any means but it will get you there!

See America from a convertable.
By Kelly

2002 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car when it was 3 years old with 30K miles. I've had it now 11 years and put 50K more miles on it. Extremely low maintenance. I would not be sceptical to head out on a nice long vacation in it, as is. Very enjoyable to own.

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXI Sedan
By natelxi

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is worth more than the $3,000 I paid for it, especially if you consider the negative experiences that are reported. My Sebring was purchased with 140,000 miles on it, and from what I noticed, the previous owner took GOOD CARE OF IT. Obviously if you neglect your car, run it to the ground, and forget to change the oil on time, sludge will become a harsh reality. Timing belt or chain? No issues here. This car is very underrated, and I think more people need to report the positives on this car, such as, the sharp style of the body, the actual quality of the 2.7 liter engine, and the interior build quality. I use Mobile 1 extended performance synthetic motor oil. I love my Sebring.

The sharp interior style and leather seats, sun roof, and the entire car is solid. Looks great when its washed.

More room for big men like me in this car.

By dale330

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It's been a couple years since I posted, so I wanted to do a follow up. My car now has 93,000 miles on it and has lost considerable fuel mileage. I'll have it tuned up this year, but stay away from Bosch Platinum+4 plugs. I used those in my last tune up and lost 3-4 mpg's. Other than that I'm still happy with my car. The engine is clean, no sign of sludge and I still run full synthetic oil through it. I've been doing a lot more driving with it over the last year and have no qualms with the reliability of my car. My car, by the way, is actually an LX, but with the V-6 engine. Edmunds doesn't include the V-6 option with the LX.

Power everything, and the heater is excellent. The car warms up quickly in the winter months.

Not that it matters now, but a softer ride would have been better when this car was still being made.