Used 2002 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXI Sedan
By natelxi

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is worth more than the $3,000 I paid for it, especially if you consider the negative experiences that are reported. My Sebring was purchased with 140,000 miles on it, and from what I noticed, the previous owner took GOOD CARE OF IT. Obviously if you neglect your car, run it to the ground, and forget to change the oil on time, sludge will become a harsh reality. Timing belt or chain? No issues here. This car is very underrated, and I think more people need to report the positives on this car, such as, the sharp style of the body, the actual quality of the 2.7 liter engine, and the interior build quality. I use Mobile 1 extended performance synthetic motor oil. I love my Sebring.

The sharp interior style and leather seats, sun roof, and the entire car is solid. Looks great when its washed.

More room for big men like me in this car.

By dale330

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It's been a couple years since I posted, so I wanted to do a follow up. My car now has 93,000 miles on it and has lost considerable fuel mileage. I'll have it tuned up this year, but stay away from Bosch Platinum+4 plugs. I used those in my last tune up and lost 3-4 mpg's. Other than that I'm still happy with my car. The engine is clean, no sign of sludge and I still run full synthetic oil through it. I've been doing a lot more driving with it over the last year and have no qualms with the reliability of my car. My car, by the way, is actually an LX, but with the V-6 engine. Edmunds doesn't include the V-6 option with the LX.

Power everything, and the heater is excellent. The car warms up quickly in the winter months.

Not that it matters now, but a softer ride would have been better when this car was still being made.

Chrysler Sebring Lxi 2002 2.6v6
By londonlad1

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with no pre-conceptions of Chrysler, I'm from the UK. It was exceptionally clean and well cared for with 114k on the clock, looked factory new inside and out. It's reliable, nice to drive, excellent driver ergonomics. The interior is tasteful and well built. The bodywork is of high quality. BUT! before you buy, check to see if the timing chain and water pump have been changed. Be aware that when the water pump fails as they all do eventually, it will end up fouling the engine oil if left too long as it's INSIDE the crankcase and runs off the timing chain. Repair is approx. $1350.00 at a Chrysler dealer. Be sure to factor this in when haggling! Check your coolant often!

Comfortable driver's seat. Smooth, powerful engine, reasonably economical. 31-34mpg on highway, replaced spark plugs and an O2 sensor. Prior milage 27-28 mpg on the highway. Nice interior built from quality materials.

Brakes could be better. Rear head restraints should have been included. Leather seats would have been nice as standard on the top end model.

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Coupe.
By sxybrandon

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I Have Owed 2 Chrysler Sebring Coupes between the years of 2001 and 2002. I love the cars. The body style and the interior is very nice. I enjoy the 3.0 engine. I just wish it had a little more power. But. My issues I'm having on both cars are a Over Heating Issue. Seems like when Im driving up a hill, the car over heats. And, In the summer time. The car over heats alot.. I Have to run the air constantly to keep the fans going.. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and if anyone could tell me what that is...

The sunroof, The chrome wheels, The Infiniti Sound System, The ride, The look and design of the car. It looks very modern.

I suggest putting a bigger engine in the car, something that isnt prone to over heating and oil leaks. The 2 door Coupe Sebring Needs to be brought back.. The 2001/2002 body style is very nice..

Bittersweet
By car_guy_93

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Sebring earlier this year, and fell in love immediately...that was until I began to have issues. Whole front end shot out, replaced axle assembly and ball joints, $750. the previous owners were older, had it dealer serviced regularly. I recently had to get rid of my Sebring because the timing chains went, screwing up the entire engine. My mechanic told me I'd need a rebuild or replacement, $2900 at least. Not worth it on a 9 year old car with 120k. Loved the car, still kills me I had to get rid of it. But I do not miss the headaches and stress, this car is a total bad buy. I now have a '09 Sentra,while I'll always miss my loaded convertible, I feel a lot safer now.

Loaded with options, spoiling options. Automatic tinting review mirror, power heated leather seats, CD changer, fog lights, black on black. good pick-up, not horrible gas mileage (i averaged 22 mpg) for an older V6, ridiculously attractive.

Engine, reliability, sturdiness, parts are expensive/harder to find. Mechanically this is not a good car remotely. Its good for what it is, a nice convertible that is attractive and somewhat affordable. That is it.