Has been good car to me - minor problems
By slatsyrc on
2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I have owned this car since 2000 when I bought it brand new. I had some problems with the dealer not putting the oil plug on right and it burned the engine and I had to replace the engine. The other problem is the front bumper is not designed well for going up steep driveways or parking over cement blocks and in result it is now torn and hangs down and scrapes a lot. Other than that, everything has seemed to go well. Something did explode in my rear view mirror perhaps related to the heat in Houston and the rear view dimmer feature. I have had it 6 yrs now and has been very good to me so far. Spark plugs are a pain to get replaced though due to the plenum.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable ride for the driver, not necessarily for passengers. I like that the floor and dash is black and the seats are gray.
Suggested Improvements
Improve front bumper durability, sunroof needs some mechanical help, trunk opening very narrow for a big trunk, make engine easier for people that like to do mechanic work themselves. Turning radius is horrible.
By natashadawn
on 06/02/13 18:34 PM (PDT)

My rear view exploded too! So I am currently in the process of trying to remove it. I unclipped the two sets of wires, and they were burnt. Yikes!