Used 2001 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Outstanding luxury sleeper!
By Ken Thurman

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

One of the finest cars I've owned. A real head-turner & BMW- surpriser! I got the loaded performance 5-speed with 24-value Mitsu V6. Gorgeous indigo exterior with gray leather, "wood" trimmed, 4-CD blowout sounds interior. At first changes added; K&N filter, Z- Max & 245x45 Toyo's. Been absolutely rock-solid reliable & that's even after hot laps around Sears Point & Laguna Seca! What a rush. Only complaints are a bit too much wind noise, limited rear quarter vision, & power mirrors lost power. Oil, belts, brakes, & tires are only money I've had to put in. At 75,000 miles. No major maintenance until I reach 90,000 miles + 100,000 warranty to boot! Great!

Body style & paint color. Great, wide- torque + 5-speed = fun! Unique gray leather interior with fabulous sound system.

Improve or lose the "automatic" rear view mirror dimmer. Dual exhaust.

great car, poor reliability
By james

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Took car to dealership 3 times at 39,000 miles for stalling/ failing to start ended up having to replace my 2.7 L v6 engine not covered by my extended warranty, air conditioning doesn't work anymore, neither does the stereo or parking brake. Still, it's very comfortable, handles well, gets decent gas mileage, and it's paid for. Guess that's why I still drive it

Comfortable seats, good handling and acceleration with performance tires, still like the exterior styling

Unreliable engine

I'll keep it
By larry

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wife bought the car on impulse: now an all-time fave. This car runs smooth as silk w/ 48,000 mi on it. Its quick and very agile. Had to change out ball joints and other front-end stuff at great expense, but after driving new Saab, Audi and MB convertibles, decided the differences weren't worth $40,000! I'll keep it!

Looks great, runs fast and smooth. corners like a sports car. can fit 4 real people.

New sebring is a mushy old folks car. bring back the sporty qualities.

Surprise Surprise
By michael c

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The circumstances I got my Sebring in is another story, but it wasn't my initial choice. I was skeptical of Chryslers having owned a Neon that was a turd. But it turns out it's just a Mitsubishi Eclipse in a Sebring body! It has been a great car. I do regular maintenance myself, and have used premium fuel and synthetic oil since the first change. It runs as strong with 7 yrs and 83,000 miles as it did with 10 days and 100.

It's a fairly unique car and the interior styling and condition is still above par. The Auto-stick is great for Metro Atlanta traffic, and the 200 hp V6 is potent enough. Reliability is superb. It hasn't spent 1 minute in a garage other than my own.

The suspension could use some thicker sway bars, and another gear in the tranny could make a lot better use of the engine's powerband.

Wow, What A Surpise
By MissShona

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A couple of weeks ago I brought a '01 Sebring LX. I was on a tight budget but I still wanted a "cool" car. I never knew a Chrysler would fit the bill! Although I have an LX, it has the V-6 engine. This is my first automatic car but it's so peppy I almost don't miss shifting. Passing and acceleration are no problem. It's comfortable on long road trips. It looks amazing for a 7 year old car. I was considering the Mitsubishi Eclipse from around the same years and this car was thousands cheaper than the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (but with the same engine). The exterior looks very classy too.

The interior (especially the faux wood trim, pretty), roomy for a coupe, performance, "smart" electronics (interior lights automatically go off, headlights can stay on for a while then go off, remotely unlock one or both doors, etc.), quiet ride

Bad turning radius, brakes feel "odd" when the car is cold, steering feels flighty over bumps, needs a remote fuel cover (only to be opened from inside), I am 5'4" and need to "lift up" out of my see to see when I back up, I think the 2nd cup in the center console was a practical joke.