2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
great car
By texashottie on 11/02/06 15:32 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

very fun car to drive. get a lot of looks in the car top up or down. turns corners very well. but i have noticed that the car doesn't take bumps very well. other than that i love the car very much.

Had for 4.5 years and still going strong
By MarkM on 10/17/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car since spring of 2002 and I still love driving it. I changed the brake pads and fluids at 50,000 and have changed the tires twice in 60,000 miles, and that's been the only maintenance necessary (other than oil changes). It still runs smoothly, and still has plenty of power. This car is the perfect balance between performance and practicality. I have moved apartments twice, transporting my stuff in this car. The back seat is spacious, and the sound system is GREAT. I didn't expect to still love the car this much after 4 and a half years, and I still get compliments on it.

Best Value Convertible ?
By R.B. on 09/25/06 12:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my car for over a year and in addition to providing me with great summer entertainment, it performed formidably throughout a full Canadian winter. The car is beautiful, fairly economical, and the acceleration is smooth and quick. The single largest problem that this car has is body shake. It becomes especially noticeable when the top gets thoroughly wet. If the 2007 Hard Top will address these issues, I might re-think buying the convertible Solara.

coming up for air....
By Ellen Trout on 09/04/06 21:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car, great fun to drive...until the air-conditioning went....has been worked on 15 times, still blowing hot today....have changed every piece in he air....nothing works. cant breathe,,,,,it is HOT,,,, I live in FLorida.....HeLp Me

You'll love it and so do the twins!
By triplet1226 on 08/30/06 19:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Where can you get a convertible that can ride 4 people and have so much fun and a great look? Only with the Seabring Limited. I love the car as much today as the day i bought it. I have the blue with the white leather interior and it catches peoples attention wherever we are. It's a great car for me to unwind from work to home and now that my twins are older they love to take a cruise in it too.

My Sebring
By suzekansas on 08/24/06 18:34 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have purchased for comfort, handling, and style. It has a sporty look and feel.

Don't Buy One!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Robert on 08/21/06 00:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

To be honest, I enjoyed driving this car...whenever it wasn't in the shop! It's charms are purely exterior. Under that steel hood lies its glass jaw - The Engine. Mine is toast after 50,000 miles. (Coincidentally it was just paid off 2 weeks ago) This was a maintained vehicle that averaged 10,000 mi/yr, mostly highway & light usage. BTW I've already had this thing in the shop on numerous occasions to the tune of over $3000 in repairs which they obviously never got right. Don't let the slick packaging fool you, as you can see by the other comments- Sebring=Bad car buy! Also- Larry Roesch Chrysler is just about as customer friendly as snakes on a plane, but your money is better spent at the theater!

Can't top Chrysler
By alias on 05/18/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. It replaced a same year Neon, which was also a great car, but I wanted a droptop. I sacrificed my new system in my Neon for the Chrysler premium audio system, it sounds good, but will definitely be replaced in the future. One thing I wish the Sebring had was a CD player, it's available with the higher end models or extra option. Drives great, love the V6, has balls. Wind noise at interstate speeds is minimal unless there is strong wind outside, then its a little louder, but can be fixed with extra stripping around the front and rear window junctions. I drove it from my hometown to Denver the day I purchased it, and it was superb. The gas mileage was comparable to my Neon.

2001 sebring drives
By carl payne on 05/16/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 6 cyl is sluggish when compared to the Mitsubishi Galant 6 cyl I owned before this. The sebring is comfortable on a long trip. I now have 83k miles and average repair bills, although more than the 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager I bought new which now has 149k miles.

A lot of car for the money!
By Charles on 03/22/06 04:23 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Beautiful car to drive, and it's a real head turner. Handles very well, but maintains a comfortible ride. Controls well laid out and intuitive to use.