Used 2001 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Loved it but it was a lemon
By VirginiaD

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My first convertible, and a great one at that. Power top was perfect and never had problems with it working. Replaced top seal when I purchased it ($800), replaced rotors (on all my Chryslers) every 20k miles. Brakes were not strong. Engine began to smoke at about 45k, and mechanics said it was a goner. NOT a good investment. Engine is a bad one (2.7L V6). Loved the car and top down driving and very comfortable, with all the nice options. Peppy to drive and smooth on hwy. Can't recommend because of engines and overall long-term quality issues.

Covertible top down. Comfort, great driving position (power seat, tilt, CD chgr/cass combo - Infinity sound system), leather interior, cup holders great!

Chrysler went out of business because they refused to improve quality. Class action law suits existed against Chryselr for the 2.7L V6 clogging up with oil, leaking oil, engines seizing up... These were best looking convertibles ever, with FWD! Oh well, no more.

What A Fun Cae
By T.S.

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this convertible for a fun summer car. Was able to get this well maintained from a private party in Fl. who always garaged the auto. Drove it 1,200 miles non stop returning to home. Is as comfortable as my '08 Cadillac CTS and I am 6' 200 lbs. Have enjoyed everything about it this summer without one squeak. My '06 Honda Pilot has two squeaks I can't fix. Another week or two to use before it gets stored for the winter. Absolutely love this car and I will keep it for many years.

Like the mid size, comfortable seats, great mileage 22-23 city and 28 on hiway. The styling is very nice and appeals to the eye.

Steer clear of the Sebring
By Matt

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just recently got my lisence last summer and this was my first car. At first glance you would say its a nice looking car but looks don't count for everything. When i got it, it has about 114,000 miles on it. The transmission had been replaced along with a power steering pump. I thought that this car would last me for a few years but after having the car for one day the fuel pump gave out. Shortly after the ac went bad along with the back two windows. When winter hit the car struggled to start and the thermostat went bad making it very difficult to drive. Also because of it's low power and heavy body, it made it slmost impossible to drive in the winter.

Comfort while driving and the overall look

Stop making junk Chrysler!

Car did not make me a Chrysler fan
By msmarvel

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car after my then 7 year old Camaro Z28 cost me $1000 in repairs over 2 months. The car had been leased andhad 28,000 miles on it. Had issues from the start, the same thing would break over and over (blower for the fan for heat/AC, rear defrost, airbag light). I can't go 5 months without taking it to the shop (form day 1). Got a new transmission as well. Now it has 175,000 on it, and it still starts up right away, but the airbag light is on again. Car left me stranded twice cause it blew fuses because of crazy wiring. Roof leaks only on the driver's side in 2 places. Fun to drive. Motors for the top are still fine. But not a quality, reliable car.

Power driver's seat, roomy, plenty of trunk space (not affected by the top)

Brakes are horrendous in snow/heavy rain,you have to literally stand on them to stop. Actually, they're poor compared to any rental car I drive. Don't put 10,000 things on one fuse. Have to take off front tire to get to battery. Changing the air filter should not take an hour

Great car since I bought it.
By Carrie

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and am still driving it. I have 123K on it now. Problems I have had with it over the years are: At 23K transmission had issues, but they re-built it under warranty and I haven't had an issue since. Wheel bearings went once at around 65K. Air conditioning goes on and off at random which I'm told is a control pannel issue. I have had multiple heat resisters replaced which is a well known issue for this car. I also have chrome wheels which is the most pain as they lose air constantly. The engine light stays on from a bad gas cap sensor. Oil light comes on at stops after long drives, but does not appear to be serious. Despite issues, I still feel it is reliable

Style and look