2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
great car, poor reliability
By james on 07/16/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Took car to dealership 3 times at 39,000 miles for stalling/ failing to start ended up having to replace my 2.7 L v6 engine not covered by my extended warranty, air conditioning doesn't work anymore, neither does the stereo or parking brake. Still, it's very comfortable, handles well, gets decent gas mileage, and it's paid for. Guess that's why I still drive it

I'll keep it
By larry on 07/14/08 09:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wife bought the car on impulse: now an all-time fave. This car runs smooth as silk w/ 48,000 mi on it. Its quick and very agile. Had to change out ball joints and other front-end stuff at great expense, but after driving new Saab, Audi and MB convertibles, decided the differences weren't worth $40,000! I'll keep it!

Surprise Surprise
By michael c on 06/28/08 09:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The circumstances I got my Sebring in is another story, but it wasn't my initial choice. I was skeptical of Chryslers having owned a Neon that was a turd. But it turns out it's just a Mitsubishi Eclipse in a Sebring body! It has been a great car. I do regular maintenance myself, and have used premium fuel and synthetic oil since the first change. It runs as strong with 7 yrs and 83,000 miles as it did with 10 days and 100.

Wow, What A Surpise
By MissShona on 05/24/08 21:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A couple of weeks ago I brought a '01 Sebring LX. I was on a tight budget but I still wanted a "cool" car. I never knew a Chrysler would fit the bill! Although I have an LX, it has the V-6 engine. This is my first automatic car but it's so peppy I almost don't miss shifting. Passing and acceleration are no problem. It's comfortable on long road trips. It looks amazing for a 7 year old car. I was considering the Mitsubishi Eclipse from around the same years and this car was thousands cheaper than the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (but with the same engine). The exterior looks very classy too.

I Love my 2001 Sebring
By barbara on 04/30/08 12:32 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I Have owned my car for 7 years haven't had any real problems with it currently have 104,000 miles, but I keep it well maintained with oil changes,and general maintenance, the one thing I dislike is the cup placement it is right in front of cd changer and I haven't been able to use the Cd player due to a cd Jam, that happened when i put my cup in the holder.

Great car
By s riley on 04/24/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 6 years now. Absolutely love it. Can't fault it. No major costs incurred and good mileage considering its over 6 years old now. I live in Erie PA where we get LOTS of snow. Car handles the slippery roads well. I hope to have it for many more years! Possibly forever - I would hate to part with it.

I love it!
By _Jerry_ on 04/17/08 00:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it at 116,000 miles from a used auto place down the road for 6,000. Even thought it's the lx, it was loaded. 2.7 v6, 4 disc cd changer (which I took out). I looked at some other models and this one is the only one that appealed to me. Light colored dash, cloth seats, wood grain (although semi- cheap looking) and of course 200 hp. I change the oil myself every 2500 miles with castrol gtx high mileage 5w30 and use Fram oil filters. I've had it for a year and it's now up to 153,000 miles. Today, I took off the valve cover and absolutely no oil sludge. AT ALL! I'm not going to say all the 2.7's are great but I sure do know this one is! Great Car.

Disappointed
By TCSebringLXi on 04/07/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Right now probably isn't the best time for me to write this review because I just found out I need a new engine. But I'm on this site trying to find a better built vehicle. When I first purchased this car I loved it. It has pretty good power/acceleration and the leather interior and chrome rims are nice. But, my car has been in the shop far too much and I don't think I can take it anymore. I think it's ridiculous that with 112k miles the engine is going. I heard from a mechanic that these engines stink so I wouldn't suggest this vehicle.

Never Another Chrysler
By MadinDetroit on 03/12/08 21:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Before I bought this car I was warned that Chrysler's have a hard time in cold weather. Now at 100,000 I can attest to the fact that those cold morning startups are getting progressively worse by the season. I believe the blower motor is also dying, it squeals very loudly on the first startup of the day. Sounds like the belts are going bad, and the brakes and struts have failed on all 4 corners. The seats are very uncomfortable. The design is also a bit awkward as it is very difficult to see traffic lights from the front seats when at rest. Fuel mileage should be better for it to be such a "regular" car. And the trans failed at 99,000 miles.

Fun to Drive, when it is working
By joema on 10/18/07 20:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am ready to trade in this car after achieving 95000 miles; a small miracle in my opinion. I've had electrical problems, water leak problems and AC problems. However, when the stars align (and the cogs as well), this car is a blast to drive. The V6 has incredible pick-up and responsiveness. It hugs the road and is a real experience to drive. There is plenty of room in the car and the 60/40 feature is a plus. The trunk is just ok. If you get one of these, I recommend you do so only if you have a mechanic that you trust. My dealer was a loser and thus, I will take it out on Chrysler. This will be the last Chrysler product I buy until they completely overhaul their quality.