Used 2001 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Still Love MIne!
By Chrysi

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Chrysler Conv used w 10k miles an I now have 62K. I use it every day! Yes I have had some minor issues and most under warranty but she purrs like a kitten. I drive every day to and from work and on trips get 31 mpg. In town 21 or 22. Used the dealer under warranty and now have honest mechanic. Replaced brakes twice because i am hard on brakes, seal went on transmission, no biggie. Drives Great, Looks great, Inside looks brand new. Have to do regular maintenance.

Looks brand new

Backing up a little hard to see

Used car should have kept
By doxen

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this for our son in the military. We liked the looks and it was reasonable had 95k miles. We took it in to AAA garage and they only put in a new timing belt and changed the radiator fluid for a cold climate. I drove it from Phoenix to east coast and ran great. It was also more comfortable than making the same drive in a town car or suburban. The mechanics said should be good for another 1999999 miles, We liked looks so much we are now looking at other sebrings for us. Have owned chrysler lebaron Triumph (biggest disaster) chevy hondas. This ranks in the best.

looks comfort

none does what is supposed to well Certainly no improvement over Accord

Stay away from 2.7L V6 engine!
By Sandi

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and always liked the styling, the features, and the ride. I had very few problems with this care until it hit 60,000 miles. I started having problems with the engine and discovered: Oil Sludge! I learned through Internet research the 2.7 L V6 engine in this car was known for developing oil sludge, coolant leaks, catastrophic failure due to poor design. At 67,000 miles, I've replaced water pump, water inlet housing, and still have coolant leaking into the engine. I'm guessing it's the gaskets.

Style, premium sound system, sun roof.

Do not buy any Chrysler or Dodge vehicle with the 2.7L V6 engine!

Not bad but could be better
By jlanier

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from a used car dealership. It looks great and drives well. The suspension is sub-par. have had problems with the shocks/struts, ball joints. However, the engine runs terrific and gets great gas mileage.

The gas mileage.

Suspension.

Worst Car I Ever Owned
By Marilyn W

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car in 2004 with less than 12,000 miles - had problems ever since - I drive less than 50 miles per month. Power windows broken and replaced; fumes inside car when starting; ac/heater only works on high; alternator being replaced now; waiting for entire engine to go - I love the look of this car but it is not worth all the repair bills. Now engine making "funny noise" - I hope it isn't expensive to fix - on disability and can't afford it anymore. Chrysler should be ashamed especially since they took tax payer money for bailout. Bet they have no car problems, will never ever have another Chrysler product.

Design and sleekness and comfortable interior - a nice looking car

fix the damn engine problems you have had for years and fix all the mechanical stuff or take responsibility and recall them - it's your designs that cause the problems and the cheap parts you use.