2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Best car I've ever owned (had many).
By Meyetch on 01/09/10 08:24 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Sebring from a dealer as a "Program Car" with 18K miles on it and used it to cover a 9-State sales territory as a consultant until I retired from that a few years ago; hence the high miles. It is currently garaged and seldom driven. I've had zero problems from this car and intend to keep it forever.

1 Owner 2001 Chrysler Sebring Review
By Victor Kaminski on 10/20/09 20:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

At around 85,000 miles I am generally happy with the car, the performance is good, no strange noises or anything like that in the 7 years I've owned it. I purchased the car as a left over in January 2002. My Gripe: I was misled about signing a disclosure that he was explained that the paint was not covered by warranty against chips & scratches. Duh... he replied that people sue over anything. Little did I know they used an experimental "environmentally friendly" paint,if I knew I wouldn't have signed. After about 3 years the clear coat started pulling up from the paint which made my black car have white blotches all over, the clear coat began falling off and I have no recourse. Deception

Loved it but it was a lemon
By VirginiaD on 10/17/09 14:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My first convertible, and a great one at that. Power top was perfect and never had problems with it working. Replaced top seal when I purchased it ($800), replaced rotors (on all my Chryslers) every 20k miles. Brakes were not strong. Engine began to smoke at about 45k, and mechanics said it was a goner. NOT a good investment. Engine is a bad one (2.7L V6). Loved the car and top down driving and very comfortable, with all the nice options. Peppy to drive and smooth on hwy. Can't recommend because of engines and overall long-term quality issues.

What A Fun Cae
By T.S. on 10/05/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this convertible for a fun summer car. Was able to get this well maintained from a private party in Fl. who always garaged the auto. Drove it 1,200 miles non stop returning to home. Is as comfortable as my '08 Cadillac CTS and I am 6' 200 lbs. Have enjoyed everything about it this summer without one squeak. My '06 Honda Pilot has two squeaks I can't fix. Another week or two to use before it gets stored for the winter. Absolutely love this car and I will keep it for many years.

Steer clear of the Sebring
By Matt on 07/19/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just recently got my lisence last summer and this was my first car. At first glance you would say its a nice looking car but looks don't count for everything. When i got it, it has about 114,000 miles on it. The transmission had been replaced along with a power steering pump. I thought that this car would last me for a few years but after having the car for one day the fuel pump gave out. Shortly after the ac went bad along with the back two windows. When winter hit the car struggled to start and the thermostat went bad making it very difficult to drive. Also because of it's low power and heavy body, it made it slmost impossible to drive in the winter.

Car did not make me a Chrysler fan
By msmarvel on 06/05/09 13:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car after my then 7 year old Camaro Z28 cost me $1000 in repairs over 2 months. The car had been leased andhad 28,000 miles on it. Had issues from the start, the same thing would break over and over (blower for the fan for heat/AC, rear defrost, airbag light). I can't go 5 months without taking it to the shop (form day 1). Got a new transmission as well. Now it has 175,000 on it, and it still starts up right away, but the airbag light is on again. Car left me stranded twice cause it blew fuses because of crazy wiring. Roof leaks only on the driver's side in 2 places. Fun to drive. Motors for the top are still fine. But not a quality, reliable car.

Great car since I bought it.
By Carrie on 05/14/09 16:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and am still driving it. I have 123K on it now. Problems I have had with it over the years are: At 23K transmission had issues, but they re-built it under warranty and I haven't had an issue since. Wheel bearings went once at around 65K. Air conditioning goes on and off at random which I'm told is a control pannel issue. I have had multiple heat resisters replaced which is a well known issue for this car. I also have chrome wheels which is the most pain as they lose air constantly. The engine light stays on from a bad gas cap sensor. Oil light comes on at stops after long drives, but does not appear to be serious. Despite issues, I still feel it is reliable

Cheap Thrills!
By stig on 02/17/09 10:32 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it 5 yr used at 112k miles. I wanted a car I could take to university that didn't say "Cheap" or "Eco". Bought it below PP price from a dealer (5.5k). It ran great and was reliable till the time i broke it... wasn't the same after repairs. Sold it off 4 months back. The car is quite powerful. 200HP in a light car is not gonna be slow. The Daimler Influences are evident because this "American" car is a decent handler. The 4 speed gear box isn't great but it does let you slam the accelerator and use the full RPM range before it shifts. The car looks great and the drop top is nice for the 3 months in a year that it can be put down. I liked the noises the engine made as well.

Very Good Car
By Mark on 11/22/08 21:27 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Car rides and handles quite well. Comfortable for long trips. Looks pretty good with some decent quality to the interior materials, not full of cheap plastic. Very good stereo. Have had no real problems with it, so very reliable. Much better in that regard than my 2004 Hyundai Accent, or 90's model Ford cars. On the downside the fuel mileage isn't great. The visibility and maneuverability are somewhat lacking but I'm used to compact cars. This is a bit of a boat. Windshield defrost takes forever, very ill conceived big center vent in the dash. Low ground clearance. Only a four speed automatic, should be five or six gears. Overall pretty happy.

Outstanding luxury sleeper!
By Ken Thurman on 11/18/08 14:45 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

One of the finest cars I've owned. A real head-turner & BMW- surpriser! I got the loaded performance 5-speed with 24-value Mitsu V6. Gorgeous indigo exterior with gray leather, "wood" trimmed, 4-CD blowout sounds interior. At first changes added; K&N filter, Z- Max & 245x45 Toyo's. Been absolutely rock-solid reliable & that's even after hot laps around Sears Point & Laguna Seca! What a rush. Only complaints are a bit too much wind noise, limited rear quarter vision, & power mirrors lost power. Oil, belts, brakes, & tires are only money I've had to put in. At 75,000 miles. No major maintenance until I reach 90,000 miles + 100,000 warranty to boot! Great!