2001 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Review: 1 Owner 2001 Chrysler Sebring

2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

1 Owner 2001 Chrysler Sebring Review
By Victor Kaminski on

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At around 85,000 miles I am generally happy with the car, the performance is good, no strange noises or anything like that in the 7 years I've owned it. I purchased the car as a left over in January 2002. My Gripe: I was misled about signing a disclosure that he was explained that the paint was not covered by warranty against chips & scratches. Duh... he replied that people sue over anything. Little did I know they used an experimental "environmentally friendly" paint,if I knew I wouldn't have signed. After about 3 years the clear coat started pulling up from the paint which made my black car have white blotches all over, the clear coat began falling off and I have no recourse. Deception

Interior and External design "look" of course until the paint began coming off. Also there is a short causing mirrors, clock/compass/temp readout stop working. Oh forgot to say I babied the car but drove it normally and the transmission blew around 30K miles but it was covered by warranty.

Shorter, plain english contract wording as used in real estate transactions when disclosing potential flaws in the product. Save the experiments for the test cars, the paint makes my car ugly.