2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
If you love sinking money on poor made cars...
By kovacic_frank on 01/23/14 11:48 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It had about 74k miles. Since day one i had problems. Heater went out and windows would freeze up and would only blow cold air, The headlights would flicker on and off, the cd changer when in the cold would make some robotic squeal and change the cds at random. clock would die out. The car would not start half the time and the other half id be driving and the oil temperature would skyrocket into overheating. Twice on the highway my car would almost catch fire. my ball-join broke off the car and had to get towed going 12mph. and last but not least, the 2.7 engine died on me at 80k. all this happend in a span of 8 months. I will never buy a Chrysler again

So many bad things.....
By jdvdsn13 on 07/29/13 09:53 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Okay, so we bought the car back in 2005 when it had just over 100,000 miles on it. I just inherited the car, but I wish I had inherited something else. It now has 166,000 miles on it. Positives: pretty fast car for a V6, nice sound system, great handling Problems with the car: the interior driver door panel has come loose, guzzles oil, ac went out and is not repairable, passenger and back seat power window switches do not work, power locking and unlocking system does not work, starter just went out, interior overhead light does not work, had to get three new power window motors installed, and because of old age, the clear coat is peeling off the top of the trunk and the roof (normal).

This is my sebring Lxi 2.7L v6
By heyoka9 on 04/23/13 09:10 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is an awsome vehicle it may had 85k miles but i raised it 115342 miles and still may had a little problems here and there but it was mainly an easy fix like the coolant pump broke and the oil pump. both easy fix but of course. mine has a part economy and performance parts....like piston 1-3 are racing and has a shifting kit on it 1-2 (manual) automatic it doesnt have one...tires are ment for long distance travel on 21-25 mpg in town and 22-29 on highway other than that its and awsome car :) i say...an i had it for almost a year

Stay away from 2.7L V6 engine!
By Sandi on 08/07/10 23:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and always liked the styling, the features, and the ride. I had very few problems with this care until it hit 60,000 miles. I started having problems with the engine and discovered: Oil Sludge! I learned through Internet research the 2.7 L V6 engine in this car was known for developing oil sludge, coolant leaks, catastrophic failure due to poor design. At 67,000 miles, I've replaced water pump, water inlet housing, and still have coolant leaking into the engine. I'm guessing it's the gaskets.

Worst Car I Ever Owned
By Marilyn W on 07/15/10 17:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car in 2004 with less than 12,000 miles - had problems ever since - I drive less than 50 miles per month. Power windows broken and replaced; fumes inside car when starting; ac/heater only works on high; alternator being replaced now; waiting for entire engine to go - I love the look of this car but it is not worth all the repair bills. Now engine making "funny noise" - I hope it isn't expensive to fix - on disability and can't afford it anymore. Chrysler should be ashamed especially since they took tax payer money for bailout. Bet they have no car problems, will never ever have another Chrysler product.

Best car I've ever owned (had many).
By Meyetch on 01/09/10 08:24 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Sebring from a dealer as a "Program Car" with 18K miles on it and used it to cover a 9-State sales territory as a consultant until I retired from that a few years ago; hence the high miles. It is currently garaged and seldom driven. I've had zero problems from this car and intend to keep it forever.

Steer clear of the Sebring
By Matt on 07/19/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just recently got my lisence last summer and this was my first car. At first glance you would say its a nice looking car but looks don't count for everything. When i got it, it has about 114,000 miles on it. The transmission had been replaced along with a power steering pump. I thought that this car would last me for a few years but after having the car for one day the fuel pump gave out. Shortly after the ac went bad along with the back two windows. When winter hit the car struggled to start and the thermostat went bad making it very difficult to drive. Also because of it's low power and heavy body, it made it slmost impossible to drive in the winter.

Great car since I bought it.
By Carrie on 05/14/09 16:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and am still driving it. I have 123K on it now. Problems I have had with it over the years are: At 23K transmission had issues, but they re-built it under warranty and I haven't had an issue since. Wheel bearings went once at around 65K. Air conditioning goes on and off at random which I'm told is a control pannel issue. I have had multiple heat resisters replaced which is a well known issue for this car. I also have chrome wheels which is the most pain as they lose air constantly. The engine light stays on from a bad gas cap sensor. Oil light comes on at stops after long drives, but does not appear to be serious. Despite issues, I still feel it is reliable

Very Good Car
By Mark on 11/22/08 21:27 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Car rides and handles quite well. Comfortable for long trips. Looks pretty good with some decent quality to the interior materials, not full of cheap plastic. Very good stereo. Have had no real problems with it, so very reliable. Much better in that regard than my 2004 Hyundai Accent, or 90's model Ford cars. On the downside the fuel mileage isn't great. The visibility and maneuverability are somewhat lacking but I'm used to compact cars. This is a bit of a boat. Windshield defrost takes forever, very ill conceived big center vent in the dash. Low ground clearance. Only a four speed automatic, should be five or six gears. Overall pretty happy.

great car, poor reliability
By james on 07/16/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Took car to dealership 3 times at 39,000 miles for stalling/ failing to start ended up having to replace my 2.7 L v6 engine not covered by my extended warranty, air conditioning doesn't work anymore, neither does the stereo or parking brake. Still, it's very comfortable, handles well, gets decent gas mileage, and it's paid for. Guess that's why I still drive it

1 2 3 4 5 next »