Used 2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Worst Car Imagineable
By sjc3

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my '01 Sebring with 75k mikes on it. After two months the heater and air conditioning stopped working, which was only the beginning of my problems. Once it hit 85k miles, it was needing $300 plus repairs every month - everything from leaking water pumps, to broken axle and ball joint to leaking fuel rails. Don't, don't, don't buy this car!

If you love sinking money on poor made cars...
By kovacic_frank

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It had about 74k miles. Since day one i had problems. Heater went out and windows would freeze up and would only blow cold air, The headlights would flicker on and off, the cd changer when in the cold would make some robotic squeal and change the cds at random. clock would die out. The car would not start half the time and the other half id be driving and the oil temperature would skyrocket into overheating. Twice on the highway my car would almost catch fire. my ball-join broke off the car and had to get towed going 12mph. and last but not least, the 2.7 engine died on me at 80k. all this happend in a span of 8 months. I will never buy a Chrysler again

Favorite Features

The frame itself was built like a tank felt very safe if anything hit me. Leather seats are nice except they deteriorate very very quickly and crack. The front window was pretty big and easy to see out of.

Suggested Improvements

Stay away from using the 2.7 engine, in general this was the worst car ive ever driven and I will never buy a chrysler ever again. Id have gotten more use and saved more money out of a Cavalier or an avo or even a Grand am.

So many bad things.....
By jdvdsn13

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Okay, so we bought the car back in 2005 when it had just over 100,000 miles on it. I just inherited the car, but I wish I had inherited something else. It now has 166,000 miles on it. Positives: pretty fast car for a V6, nice sound system, great handling Problems with the car: the interior driver door panel has come loose, guzzles oil, ac went out and is not repairable, passenger and back seat power window switches do not work, power locking and unlocking system does not work, starter just went out, interior overhead light does not work, had to get three new power window motors installed, and because of old age, the clear coat is peeling off the top of the trunk and the roof (normal).

Favorite Features

I love how fast this car is for a V6. If you need to get somewhere quick, it will definitely get you there quick. Great braking and handling. Nice sound system and amazing bass for a stock system as well. People tell me all the time that it doesn't look like a 12-year-old car on the outside or on the inside. Great car for the very cheap KBB value.

Suggested Improvements

Interior design quality is definitely lacking--even for a cheap car. They could have used better quality materiels. Everything is plastic and breaks easily. Fake leather materials on dash and steering wheel. Steering wheel material is some kind of rubber and is rubbed away over so many years of use. Very creaky, rattly, noisy interior parts. The 2.7L engine definitely could've been replaced by Chrysler. I'm lucky that mine doesn't have oil sludge. It's not very reliable, but it performs well when there's nothing wrong.

This is my sebring Lxi 2.7L v6
By heyoka9

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is an awsome vehicle it may had 85k miles but i raised it 115342 miles and still may had a little problems here and there but it was mainly an easy fix like the coolant pump broke and the oil pump. both easy fix but of course. mine has a part economy and performance parts....like piston 1-3 are racing and has a shifting kit on it 1-2 (manual) automatic it doesnt have one...tires are ment for long distance travel on 21-25 mpg in town and 22-29 on highway other than that its and awsome car :) i say...an i had it for almost a year

Favorite Features

HID 8000k bulbs (no fog lights but has fog light housing) 2.0 in exhaust

Suggested Improvements

try to make the engine bigger and a little bit more sound to it deeper idle and louder noise when acceleration applies not to loud like instead of 2.0 in exhaust pipes...have 2.5 to the catyalac converter and 3.0 inch to the muffleer

Stay away from 2.7L V6 engine!
By Sandi

2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and always liked the styling, the features, and the ride. I had very few problems with this care until it hit 60,000 miles. I started having problems with the engine and discovered: Oil Sludge! I learned through Internet research the 2.7 L V6 engine in this car was known for developing oil sludge, coolant leaks, catastrophic failure due to poor design. At 67,000 miles, I've replaced water pump, water inlet housing, and still have coolant leaking into the engine. I'm guessing it's the gaskets.

Favorite Features

Style, premium sound system, sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

Do not buy any Chrysler or Dodge vehicle with the 2.7L V6 engine!