2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Used car should have kept
By doxen on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this for our son in the military. We liked the looks and it was reasonable had 95k miles. We took it in to AAA garage and they only put in a new timing belt and changed the radiator fluid for a cold climate. I drove it from Phoenix to east coast and ran great. It was also more comfortable than making the same drive in a town car or suburban. The mechanics said should be good for another 1999999 miles, We liked looks so much we are now looking at other sebrings for us. Have owned chrysler lebaron Triumph (biggest disaster) chevy hondas. This ranks in the best.

Very fine, smooth, eye-catcher
By Ken T on 07/08/10 15:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

One of the finest, most subtle, smooth, solid, quality rides I've ever had the pleasure of owning & driving (& I've had alot!). Excellent power (3.0 L, 24v, Mitsu engine with 5-spd), handling, & stopping ability. All without alot of hot rod/dog noise & flash; just a fine tune from the (unfortunately single) exhaust & from the engine. Yet due to power2weight, I get 23-27 mpg driving in the fast lane. (K&N filter, Z-Max, airflow director, Vavoline Durablend, & +1 Toyo Z-rated's help) Have run it at both Laguna Sega & Infinion raceways with grand style, good times much fun! Then for the evenings; the babes luv the leather, truly distinctive sytle, & Indigo color!

1 Owner 2001 Chrysler Sebring Review
By Victor Kaminski on 10/20/09 20:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

At around 85,000 miles I am generally happy with the car, the performance is good, no strange noises or anything like that in the 7 years I've owned it. I purchased the car as a left over in January 2002. My Gripe: I was misled about signing a disclosure that he was explained that the paint was not covered by warranty against chips & scratches. Duh... he replied that people sue over anything. Little did I know they used an experimental "environmentally friendly" paint,if I knew I wouldn't have signed. After about 3 years the clear coat started pulling up from the paint which made my black car have white blotches all over, the clear coat began falling off and I have no recourse. Deception

Outstanding luxury sleeper!
By Ken Thurman on 11/18/08 14:45 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

One of the finest cars I've owned. A real head-turner & BMW- surpriser! I got the loaded performance 5-speed with 24-value Mitsu V6. Gorgeous indigo exterior with gray leather, "wood" trimmed, 4-CD blowout sounds interior. At first changes added; K&N filter, Z- Max & 245x45 Toyo's. Been absolutely rock-solid reliable & that's even after hot laps around Sears Point & Laguna Seca! What a rush. Only complaints are a bit too much wind noise, limited rear quarter vision, & power mirrors lost power. Oil, belts, brakes, & tires are only money I've had to put in. At 75,000 miles. No major maintenance until I reach 90,000 miles + 100,000 warranty to boot! Great!

Surprise Surprise
By michael c on 06/28/08 09:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The circumstances I got my Sebring in is another story, but it wasn't my initial choice. I was skeptical of Chryslers having owned a Neon that was a turd. But it turns out it's just a Mitsubishi Eclipse in a Sebring body! It has been a great car. I do regular maintenance myself, and have used premium fuel and synthetic oil since the first change. It runs as strong with 7 yrs and 83,000 miles as it did with 10 days and 100.

Wow, What A Surpise
By MissShona on 05/24/08 21:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A couple of weeks ago I brought a '01 Sebring LX. I was on a tight budget but I still wanted a "cool" car. I never knew a Chrysler would fit the bill! Although I have an LX, it has the V-6 engine. This is my first automatic car but it's so peppy I almost don't miss shifting. Passing and acceleration are no problem. It's comfortable on long road trips. It looks amazing for a 7 year old car. I was considering the Mitsubishi Eclipse from around the same years and this car was thousands cheaper than the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (but with the same engine). The exterior looks very classy too.

Never Another Chrysler
By MadinDetroit on 03/12/08 21:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Before I bought this car I was warned that Chrysler's have a hard time in cold weather. Now at 100,000 I can attest to the fact that those cold morning startups are getting progressively worse by the season. I believe the blower motor is also dying, it squeals very loudly on the first startup of the day. Sounds like the belts are going bad, and the brakes and struts have failed on all 4 corners. The seats are very uncomfortable. The design is also a bit awkward as it is very difficult to see traffic lights from the front seats when at rest. Fuel mileage should be better for it to be such a "regular" car. And the trans failed at 99,000 miles.

Not the best sporty car I've owned
By lcarrollccc on 04/09/07 16:32 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I loved the look of this car with the low profile and smaller windows, but the smaller windows caused too many blind spots which caused many close calls. It also sputters when starting to drive it after it's been driven and has a hot motor (you can hear the gas in the lines). Last, it needed several things replaced that should not have needed replacing, such as a wheel bearing, sway bars, ignition cables, and upper and lower hoses at 30,155 miles.

Wish they still made this one...
By Lisa on 03/20/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought new. At 60k I wrecked the front end; needed radiator; heating/cooling replaced and body work. I kept driving and now have 170,000 miles on my car. The only reason I'm trading in is all the replacement parts are starting to go bad and I can't live without air conditioning in the summer. I wish they still made this car because I'd buy another in a heart beat. There is nothing like slouching down in the seat and punching the gas. Lots of fun.

Has been good car to me - minor problems
By slatsyrc on 02/04/07 09:29 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this car since 2000 when I bought it brand new. I had some problems with the dealer not putting the oil plug on right and it burned the engine and I had to replace the engine. The other problem is the front bumper is not designed well for going up steep driveways or parking over cement blocks and in result it is now torn and hangs down and scrapes a lot. Other than that, everything has seemed to go well. Something did explode in my rear view mirror perhaps related to the heat in Houston and the rear view dimmer feature. I have had it 6 yrs now and has been very good to me so far. Spark plugs are a pain to get replaced though due to the plenum.