Used 2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Used car should have kept
By doxen

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this for our son in the military. We liked the looks and it was reasonable had 95k miles. We took it in to AAA garage and they only put in a new timing belt and changed the radiator fluid for a cold climate. I drove it from Phoenix to east coast and ran great. It was also more comfortable than making the same drive in a town car or suburban. The mechanics said should be good for another 1999999 miles, We liked looks so much we are now looking at other sebrings for us. Have owned chrysler lebaron Triumph (biggest disaster) chevy hondas. This ranks in the best.

looks comfort

none does what is supposed to well Certainly no improvement over Accord

Very fine, smooth, eye-catcher
By Ken T

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

One of the finest, most subtle, smooth, solid, quality rides I've ever had the pleasure of owning & driving (& I've had alot!). Excellent power (3.0 L, 24v, Mitsu engine with 5-spd), handling, & stopping ability. All without alot of hot rod/dog noise & flash; just a fine tune from the (unfortunately single) exhaust & from the engine. Yet due to power2weight, I get 23-27 mpg driving in the fast lane. (K&N filter, Z-Max, airflow director, Vavoline Durablend, & +1 Toyo Z-rated's help) Have run it at both Laguna Sega & Infinion raceways with grand style, good times much fun! Then for the evenings; the babes luv the leather, truly distinctive sytle, & Indigo color!

Styling. Power-to-weight. Color. Leather & fine interior overall. Sound system. Sleeper status. Quality through out.

Duel exhaust. The xtra few HP it's Dodge sibling has. Power passenger seat. Little less wind noise. Made front air dam ducts functional (tho I easily fixed this).

1 Owner 2001 Chrysler Sebring Review
By Victor Kaminski

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

At around 85,000 miles I am generally happy with the car, the performance is good, no strange noises or anything like that in the 7 years I've owned it. I purchased the car as a left over in January 2002. My Gripe: I was misled about signing a disclosure that he was explained that the paint was not covered by warranty against chips & scratches. Duh... he replied that people sue over anything. Little did I know they used an experimental "environmentally friendly" paint,if I knew I wouldn't have signed. After about 3 years the clear coat started pulling up from the paint which made my black car have white blotches all over, the clear coat began falling off and I have no recourse. Deception

Interior and External design "look" of course until the paint began coming off. Also there is a short causing mirrors, clock/compass/temp readout stop working. Oh forgot to say I babied the car but drove it normally and the transmission blew around 30K miles but it was covered by warranty.

Shorter, plain english contract wording as used in real estate transactions when disclosing potential flaws in the product. Save the experiments for the test cars, the paint makes my car ugly.

Outstanding luxury sleeper!
By Ken Thurman

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

One of the finest cars I've owned. A real head-turner & BMW- surpriser! I got the loaded performance 5-speed with 24-value Mitsu V6. Gorgeous indigo exterior with gray leather, "wood" trimmed, 4-CD blowout sounds interior. At first changes added; K&N filter, Z- Max & 245x45 Toyo's. Been absolutely rock-solid reliable & that's even after hot laps around Sears Point & Laguna Seca! What a rush. Only complaints are a bit too much wind noise, limited rear quarter vision, & power mirrors lost power. Oil, belts, brakes, & tires are only money I've had to put in. At 75,000 miles. No major maintenance until I reach 90,000 miles + 100,000 warranty to boot! Great!

Body style & paint color. Great, wide- torque + 5-speed = fun! Unique gray leather interior with fabulous sound system.

Improve or lose the "automatic" rear view mirror dimmer. Dual exhaust.

Surprise Surprise
By michael c

2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The circumstances I got my Sebring in is another story, but it wasn't my initial choice. I was skeptical of Chryslers having owned a Neon that was a turd. But it turns out it's just a Mitsubishi Eclipse in a Sebring body! It has been a great car. I do regular maintenance myself, and have used premium fuel and synthetic oil since the first change. It runs as strong with 7 yrs and 83,000 miles as it did with 10 days and 100.

It's a fairly unique car and the interior styling and condition is still above par. The Auto-stick is great for Metro Atlanta traffic, and the 200 hp V6 is potent enough. Reliability is superb. It hasn't spent 1 minute in a garage other than my own.

The suspension could use some thicker sway bars, and another gear in the tranny could make a lot better use of the engine's powerband.