2001 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Worst Car Imagineable
By sjc3 on 11/07/14 17:14 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my '01 Sebring with 75k mikes on it. After two months the heater and air conditioning stopped working, which was only the beginning of my problems. Once it hit 85k miles, it was needing $300 plus repairs every month - everything from leaking water pumps, to broken axle and ball joint to leaking fuel rails. Don't, don't, don't buy this car!

If you love sinking money on poor made cars...
By kovacic_frank on 01/23/14 11:48 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It had about 74k miles. Since day one i had problems. Heater went out and windows would freeze up and would only blow cold air, The headlights would flicker on and off, the cd changer when in the cold would make some robotic squeal and change the cds at random. clock would die out. The car would not start half the time and the other half id be driving and the oil temperature would skyrocket into overheating. Twice on the highway my car would almost catch fire. my ball-join broke off the car and had to get towed going 12mph. and last but not least, the 2.7 engine died on me at 80k. all this happend in a span of 8 months. I will never buy a Chrysler again

So many bad things.....
By jdvdsn13 on 07/29/13 09:53 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Okay, so we bought the car back in 2005 when it had just over 100,000 miles on it. I just inherited the car, but I wish I had inherited something else. It now has 166,000 miles on it. Positives: pretty fast car for a V6, nice sound system, great handling Problems with the car: the interior driver door panel has come loose, guzzles oil, ac went out and is not repairable, passenger and back seat power window switches do not work, power locking and unlocking system does not work, starter just went out, interior overhead light does not work, had to get three new power window motors installed, and because of old age, the clear coat is peeling off the top of the trunk and the roof (normal).

This is my sebring Lxi 2.7L v6
By heyoka9 on 04/23/13 09:10 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is an awsome vehicle it may had 85k miles but i raised it 115342 miles and still may had a little problems here and there but it was mainly an easy fix like the coolant pump broke and the oil pump. both easy fix but of course. mine has a part economy and performance parts....like piston 1-3 are racing and has a shifting kit on it 1-2 (manual) automatic it doesnt have one...tires are ment for long distance travel on 21-25 mpg in town and 22-29 on highway other than that its and awsome car :) i say...an i had it for almost a year

Better than what you might think
By jbusc on 10/11/11 09:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

For years I was reluctant to purchase a Sebring Covertible because of the reliability issues I had heard about. However having recently sold a wonderful Saab 9-3 Convertible I decided to give a used Sebring Convertible a try. Although the build quality might not be quite up to Saab standards, it is very acceptable for this price point in the market. The LXi sold for approx. $28,000 new as opposed to nearly $43,000 for the Saab. What it may lack in build quality it makes up for with better structural rigidity, a smooth ride and smooth V6. (Just be sure to maintain the engine religiously) The most pleasant surprise is the exceptional gas mileage, and the roominess also desrves mention.

Still Love MIne!
By Chrysi on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Chrysler Conv used w 10k miles an I now have 62K. I use it every day! Yes I have had some minor issues and most under warranty but she purrs like a kitten. I drive every day to and from work and on trips get 31 mpg. In town 21 or 22. Used the dealer under warranty and now have honest mechanic. Replaced brakes twice because i am hard on brakes, seal went on transmission, no biggie. Drives Great, Looks great, Inside looks brand new. Have to do regular maintenance.

Used car should have kept
By doxen on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this for our son in the military. We liked the looks and it was reasonable had 95k miles. We took it in to AAA garage and they only put in a new timing belt and changed the radiator fluid for a cold climate. I drove it from Phoenix to east coast and ran great. It was also more comfortable than making the same drive in a town car or suburban. The mechanics said should be good for another 1999999 miles, We liked looks so much we are now looking at other sebrings for us. Have owned chrysler lebaron Triumph (biggest disaster) chevy hondas. This ranks in the best.

Stay away from 2.7L V6 engine!
By Sandi on 08/07/10 23:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and always liked the styling, the features, and the ride. I had very few problems with this care until it hit 60,000 miles. I started having problems with the engine and discovered: Oil Sludge! I learned through Internet research the 2.7 L V6 engine in this car was known for developing oil sludge, coolant leaks, catastrophic failure due to poor design. At 67,000 miles, I've replaced water pump, water inlet housing, and still have coolant leaking into the engine. I'm guessing it's the gaskets.

Not bad but could be better
By jlanier on 08/07/10 18:39 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from a used car dealership. It looks great and drives well. The suspension is sub-par. have had problems with the shocks/struts, ball joints. However, the engine runs terrific and gets great gas mileage.

Worst Car I Ever Owned
By Marilyn W on 07/15/10 17:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car in 2004 with less than 12,000 miles - had problems ever since - I drive less than 50 miles per month. Power windows broken and replaced; fumes inside car when starting; ac/heater only works on high; alternator being replaced now; waiting for entire engine to go - I love the look of this car but it is not worth all the repair bills. Now engine making "funny noise" - I hope it isn't expensive to fix - on disability and can't afford it anymore. Chrysler should be ashamed especially since they took tax payer money for bailout. Bet they have no car problems, will never ever have another Chrysler product.