Great car for the money.
By mich12 on
2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Limited 2dr Convertible
The car now has 159,000 miles on it, it's really been a gem. Still runs great. Isn't really fast off the line, but has plenty of high end torque, which makes passing maneuvers easy. Many people badmouth Chrysler, but I've had really good luck with them, this is my 7th chrysler, and one of 6 to go well past the 100,000 mile mark. The only one that's really been problematic is my PT Cruiser GT, but even when it's transmission went bad, it still didn't leave me stranded. I drove it to the repair shop. I wish the same could be said of the MINI Cooper I purchased brand new. It left me stranded twice in it's first 17,000 miles. Needless to say, I went running back to Chryslers.
Favorite Features
I love the two-tone interior, and the reverse glow gauges. It gets very respectable gas mileage for such large car. I love the 2+2 seating style. Love the spacious trunk, and the useable back seats, which really set it apart from other convertibles. When it was newer I could actually take it through an automatic car wash without having any leaks (it's about time for a new top now). The Infinity sound is great. I also like the fact that because it's not particularly fast, it's inexpensive to ensure, and keeps me out of trouble >=). The engine sounds great, it very closely resembles a V8, sans mods of course. The Autostick is useful in snow, and for passing, but not as fun as a manual.
Suggested Improvements
Lot's of people say it could use a few more horses, but I feel it's more the transmission, than the engine that holds it back because it seems to have plenty of power at higher speeds. I think if they'd offered it with a manual transmission it would have been not only more fun to drive, but also solved any complaints about power. I also have to say, I don't think it handles all that great, but it could be because I'm used to smaller cars, it still handles really well, and anything it lacks in handling it makes up for in ride quality. The tires are also a little too wide, which means you have to be extra careful when it rains lest you hydroplane.