2000 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
RUN FAR, FAR, AWAY!!!
By Chryslerhater on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I HATE MY CAR . . . I knew it was cursed when in the first week, I had two flat tires and one bent rim. I had to replace the brakes and roders a month after I had it. Three weeks after that, the whole car had to be rewired, tuned up, and the transmission had to be partially rebuilt... I have my own personalized chair at my mechanics. The car looks nice on the outside but quickly costs you tons and tons of money. Chrysler is the king of accessories but depreciates minutes after it leaves the assembly line. I have two friends with the same vehicle and we all currently owe MUCH MORE money than it is worth... I really wish someone would steal it...

CHRYSLER LEMONS
By CHRYSLER'S FOOL on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

THIS IS MY THIRD SEBRING CONVERTIBLE /FIRST ONE BURNT UP @700 MILES [LEMON LAW] SECOND ONE FLOODED,SHORTED ELECTRIC SYSTEM [MANUFACT DEFECT]@15000 MILES/NOW STUCK W/THIRD.CAR AS POOR QUALITY AS CHRYSLER'S SERVICE.GOT STUCK W/3 LOOKING FOWARD TO NOW BEING ABLE TO GET A DECENT VEHICLE.PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE WE MADE/BUYING OR DEALING W/CHRYSLER

So So Car, great looks
By DRMK on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

AC Compressor went 1st year, side windows do not seal shut (when closing door when weather is bitter cold). Tires expensive to replace. Front end too low must be careful not to scrape it In the shop now for possible speed sensor problem, transmission stuck in 2nd (the dealer calls it limp mode so you can limp it back to the shop)

LOOKING FOR INPUT
By jrtaylor on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

With the Sebring, has anybody had a problem with the doors pulling off (falling)? The LeBaron's doors were too heavy for the frame and tended to fall. What about oil seals? The convertible top leaks...pretty much a given, eh? Electonic sensors (transmission)? Steering rack?

3 Year Owner
By GregsJewel31 on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I have had a pretty good experience so far with this car. I have over 70000 miles on it and it is still going. The acceleration could be better. When the engine is cold, it takes a while to get going in the morning. I love driving it with the top down. When the top is up, it seems kind of little inside. I am a little clausterphobic anyway. The one thing I don't understandis...where is the ashtray? I don't understand. I have never had a non-smoking car before...ha ha ha.

what was I thinking?????
By floridian on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

this is the worst piece of workmanship I have ever driven - and I've driven Edsels!! the front end scrapes on the slightest indentation in the road or driveway, it leaks oil, there is tar leaking from the bottom of the passenger door, the washers are always clogged...... I hate this car!!!!

I love this car!
By tinkers_titan on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Limited 2dr Convertible

I've always wanted a Sebring convertible since the first time I test drove one in 2000. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to afford one - till now. I was quite impressed with the deal I got at Gladstone Dodge and I love this car. The LXI Limited convertible is sporty, responsive, stylish and classy. Everyone who sees this car is quite impressed with the interior and exterior.

3 Year Test Drive
By 3 year Owner on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Limited 2dr Convertible

Bought new 3 Years ago. Good not great car. Great value for the price-fun top down experience. Handling so-so, cowl shake sometimes too pronounced and irritating. Needs more HP for the quick get aways. Cupholders, interior storage could be better. Reliability so far Ok, with some electrical issues and engine surging at around 30 degrees, high humidity. 5 Star service also so-so. Luke warm on another Chrysler purchase.

Sebring Convertible
By Matrixfin on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Limited 2dr Convertible

The car is comfortable. Has a great sound system. But needs some acceleration.

it is a pimping car
By LERAB22 on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Limited 2dr Convertible

i got 45k on the car, never had a problem. its a nice ride. to bad i just sold it. but i got the M3 convertible wich is fun too