Used 2000 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Worst Car ever
By Kiss it goodbye

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I have never had more problems with one car in my life. It only had 32,000 miles when I purchased it and now only 73,000 3 years later. Constantly in the shop for tie Rods and ends mostly the right side. Also blew freeze plugs and ac out twice, fuel pump went out and left me stranded. Front passenger seat almost threw my passenger thru the window due to cam not matching for seat. You name it and it has happened. I would never recommend anyone buy this car. I also paid only $10,000 and got 3 years extended warranty. I have only 800 miles till it runs out. It is in the shop as we speak. I have acquired gastritis and ulcers from this car and no health insurance cost thousands for med

I love the body style and ease of letting the top down. And I have the eggplant color which I am digging

Authorize original parts for the replacements. or dig a big hole and bury it.

Goodbye Chrylser
By Suz

2000 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I have had nothing but problems with this car since I purchased it. The speed sensor went three times, in addition to other repairs - control arms replacement, door lock attenuator, replaced all the rims (got money back in the Class Action Lawsuit), headlight is foggy (from inside), etc. I have been adamant on keeping up with the maintenance book but have run out of room to write in all the extras that were needed. I am maticulous with the exterior (looks new) but have been battling rust that is coming from the inside of the hood leaching out. Most mechanics do not want to work on Chryslers and the parts (Mopar only) are difficult and expensive. My next car? Something foreign!

The best American car I've had
By hilma

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

This car has done great mileage for me. I drive it in the city. I get 20- 23mpg. I'm on my second battery and second set of tires. It has been in the shop only once with something more major -- the starter went and I decided to replace the water pump just in in case. This happens at 85,000 miles. Recently, it has developed a water leak and the AC blower is only working on high, but I'm fixing to trade it, anyways. Otherwise, it hasn't had any problems in 8 years!

Good power. Good trunk size. Good looks. Reliable.

Rear view visibility not good. Blind spots.

Love of my life
By Love of my life

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

The joy I get from this car is a first for me from a car. I am amazed by it's handling, great gas mileage and lack of need for repair. I will never own any other car. I am getting the E85 next.

Poor Workmanship
By mac

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

Paid 10k, spent 4 k in repairs over 3 yrs Leaking problem-coolant, transmission, oil Brakes problem: Fixed over and over, still squeaky, bad parts A/C Heating: A/C use shuts down engine in summer. Heat won't work unless you put it on level 4 Reliability: Say a prayer everytime you leave your driveway and hope it doesn't shut down. Overall: With regular maintenance, there is always a minimum $600-1000 cost of repairing something. Went broke with this car, all other bills started being paid late because I put all our money into keeping this car on the road

I like the ragtop

Parts, workmanship, cost of parts, everything.