2000 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Fun Car
By Ironmike on 09/10/08 20:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

One of the three most enjoyable cars I've had in over 40 years of driving. Looks great. Bought it with about 50,000 miles and now have about 145,000. Has been very reliable. Fun to drive. The only improvement I would make is more comfortable cushions on the front seats. I'm looking for a newer one with low miles.

Fun car that impresses
By great car!!!!!!!! on 09/29/07 13:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I absolutely love getting compliments from people, just the other day a lady of at least 70 years said nice car kid! Anyways, this car is no Mustang GT, but it is very fun to drive. The engine sounds great, and it handles the back roads in my area like a pro! Awesome car and I plan on keeping it for a long time

The car from hell
By charleyomalley2005 on 09/14/06 21:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I hate to sound negative but THIS car should be shredded, then incinerated!!! I have had nothing but continual trouble and repeat trips for repair this car that has already cost me more money than what it is worth, is always breaking down, just had the ACI valve and fuel pump replaced and I am still having trouble, nothing has changed it is the "LeBARON" with a clever makeover that is not fooling anyone, to other owners DUMP THIS CAR AND RUN!!! THERE IS NO FIXING IT... read the reviews CONTINUAL PROBLEMS!!!!

Been Very Happy
By Been Very Happy on 08/14/06 09:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought my 2000 Sebring JXI new. The vehicle is now 6 years old and has 84,000 miles on it. I am very particular, changed the oil and filters religously. The car looks and runs like it just came off the showroom floor. I have changed the brakes and rotors, battery, serviced the trans and cooling system, basic maintenance you expect to keep a car purring. The only problem I had was the sensor on the trans failed which was under warranty. The wires connecting the rear defroster failed several times, so I gave up on that. The sun visor clips broke several times, no big deal inexpensive items to replace and change out easily. The sound system is excellent for stock. Love my car. I recommend.

33 Miles per gal at 60 mph highway
By KEITH on 08/12/06 15:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

2000 chysler sebring jxi This car was a program car. It had 17,000 miles on it when I got it. The only thing I have had to do is replace the tires,oil change (synthetic oil), brakes battery a/c and belt. No tune needed yet. I don't think that is too bad for 132,000 miles and getting 33 miles per gallon @ 60 mph / 26.3 miles per gallon @ 79.5 mph and it is running strong. Thank you Chysler

Great car
By John on 07/23/06 21:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I have 112,000 miles on my Sebring. I have had nothing major go wrong. I do take great care of it and follow all the manufacturers recommendations. When I bought it, I was hesitant to pay the price for a new car but it turns out that the car was worth it. I will probably put on another 100,000 miles

Mid Life Chrysler
By Gerry Stanford on 07/19/06 07:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

This car has been an absolute joy to own until recently. The car has performed flawlessly until it hit 90k miles. Engine has enough pep to propel me in and out of tight spots including taking my bass boat to the lake. However, when the car hits 90K the durability factor goes out the window. Plan on a trade in of about 4k or spend the same in keeping it running. AC alone will cost me $2K to repair.

Not bad for the price
By cheyenne447 on 04/25/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

I had a few bugs that had to be worked out when I first bought the car. Thank goodness it was under warranty. I have had numerous problems with the rear defroster...the wire connectors keep coming undone. The top leaks, but the car is six years old now. I also had a problem with the transmission at 16,000 miles, but it was fixed quickly under warranty. All in all...you can't find a better convertible for the price.

Still love this car!
By Chrysler guy on 12/11/04 21:02 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

Was reading some other reviews and thought I'd put my two cents' worth in: Bought my Sebring new in May, 2000, and for the first 3 years only had put about 33,000 miles on it, using it every day but for a mostly local lifestyle. Then I moved about 20 months ago and have been commuting about 100 miles a day since then. My mileage is up to 73000+, and the car is holding up just great! I still love the exterior body style and stance of the car; the original top is in perfect condition; the car never has leaked; and has needed NO repairs beyond routine maintenance except for having to replace the front brake rotors, which warped due to my putting brake dust shields on the wheels.

Great Value for the Money!
By Carl J. on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

This is my first convertible and I am very happy with it. I have 70000 miles on it and it looks as good as when it was new. Very few problems with the car, all were minor. Still no leaks. The trunk is great for a convertible and the back seats actually are comfortable. I keep thinking about a new car, but can't bring myself to get rid of it. On the downside, it could use a few more horses, but the car is very reliable. The top is still in great sheape. It still turns heads!