Used 2000 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Most Helpful|
Excellent!
By carguru1986

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Limited 2dr Convertible

Ive kept my upkeep on it up to date. Bought with 98k miles 5 years ago. Now has over 265k and its still going strong. Comfortable, and appealing, its a dream to drive!

Favorite Features

Convertale top.

Suggested Improvements

Add more curves. Make it more sporty.

Nightmare on wheels!
By hugolast

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

Worst car ever!! Had so many issues and spent so much money fixing numerous problems that the last time it broke down, I just called a towing company and let them take it for $100. A year later my newlywed daughter drove up our driveway in another Sebring Convertible! And three months later that's exactly where it is waiting to be taken to the shop for repairs. Horrible car. DO NOT buy.

The best American car I've had
By hilma

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

This car has done great mileage for me. I drive it in the city. I get 20- 23mpg. I'm on my second battery and second set of tires. It has been in the shop only once with something more major -- the starter went and I decided to replace the water pump just in in case. This happens at 85,000 miles. Recently, it has developed a water leak and the AC blower is only working on high, but I'm fixing to trade it, anyways. Otherwise, it hasn't had any problems in 8 years!

Favorite Features

Good power. Good trunk size. Good looks. Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Rear view visibility not good. Blind spots.

Great car for the money.
By mich12

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Limited 2dr Convertible

The car now has 159,000 miles on it, it's really been a gem. Still runs great. Isn't really fast off the line, but has plenty of high end torque, which makes passing maneuvers easy. Many people badmouth Chrysler, but I've had really good luck with them, this is my 7th chrysler, and one of 6 to go well past the 100,000 mile mark. The only one that's really been problematic is my PT Cruiser GT, but even when it's transmission went bad, it still didn't leave me stranded. I drove it to the repair shop. I wish the same could be said of the MINI Cooper I purchased brand new. It left me stranded twice in it's first 17,000 miles. Needless to say, I went running back to Chryslers.

Favorite Features

I love the two-tone interior, and the reverse glow gauges. It gets very respectable gas mileage for such large car. I love the 2+2 seating style. Love the spacious trunk, and the useable back seats, which really set it apart from other convertibles. When it was newer I could actually take it through an automatic car wash without having any leaks (it's about time for a new top now). The Infinity sound is great. I also like the fact that because it's not particularly fast, it's inexpensive to ensure, and keeps me out of trouble >=). The engine sounds great, it very closely resembles a V8, sans mods of course. The Autostick is useful in snow, and for passing, but not as fun as a manual.

Suggested Improvements

Lot's of people say it could use a few more horses, but I feel it's more the transmission, than the engine that holds it back because it seems to have plenty of power at higher speeds. I think if they'd offered it with a manual transmission it would have been not only more fun to drive, but also solved any complaints about power. I also have to say, I don't think it handles all that great, but it could be because I'm used to smaller cars, it still handles really well, and anything it lacks in handling it makes up for in ride quality. The tires are also a little too wide, which means you have to be extra careful when it rains lest you hydroplane.

Poor Workmanship
By mac

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

Paid 10k, spent 4 k in repairs over 3 yrs Leaking problem-coolant, transmission, oil Brakes problem: Fixed over and over, still squeaky, bad parts A/C Heating: A/C use shuts down engine in summer. Heat won't work unless you put it on level 4 Reliability: Say a prayer everytime you leave your driveway and hope it doesn't shut down. Overall: With regular maintenance, there is always a minimum $600-1000 cost of repairing something. Went broke with this car, all other bills started being paid late because I put all our money into keeping this car on the road

Favorite Features

I like the ragtop

Suggested Improvements

Parts, workmanship, cost of parts, everything.