2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
dont buy
By j1604 on 05/12/13 08:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

Nice car until hit 170,000 miles. Had to drop 2000 dollars into it. Wouldn't start. Had timing belt, coolant flush,New muffler, I don't remember what else. After having a bunch of things fixed, I still have problems with car starting. Takes 3-5 tries before car starts. Mechanic cannot figure out what is causing it. Engine light stays on because of cylindar 1 misfire. All cylinders have been cleaned, and still get that code show up when engine light is on. Car doesn't run different. Was suggested o2 sensors but those are impossible to find. I suggest wording parts for that car at amautopart.com. cheaper! Else where parts for that pos car can be expensive.

Goodbye Chrylser
By Suz on 06/29/09 05:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I have had nothing but problems with this car since I purchased it. The speed sensor went three times, in addition to other repairs - control arms replacement, door lock attenuator, replaced all the rims (got money back in the Class Action Lawsuit), headlight is foggy (from inside), etc. I have been adamant on keeping up with the maintenance book but have run out of room to write in all the extras that were needed. I am maticulous with the exterior (looks new) but have been battling rust that is coming from the inside of the hood leaching out. Most mechanics do not want to work on Chryslers and the parts (Mopar only) are difficult and expensive. My next car? Something foreign!

So far, so good!
By AggieKlin03 on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

So far, I have loved this car. I have only had it for about 3 months now but I could not have asked for more in a car for the price. If you are worried about appearance, this is a super-sexy car. I've read several reviews complaining about the wheels bending easily, but luckily, mine came with after-market wheels off the used car lot. My only complaint is that of the low front end. I find myself braking and cringing at any little dip in the road.

Needs more power
By griffojm on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

This car looks fast, but doesn't quite perform as advertised. The 170 HP is well under what I had expected. Recently, I replaced a bent rim...and I am constantly swerving from potholes. The transmission shifts in and out of overdrive for some reason, and takes a hell of a lot of time to get into overdrive on cold mornings (the dealership says that both are "normal conditions"). The front end of this car drags on anything, so if you buy one, be sure to keep your distance from parking blocks. My next car will definately not be a Chrysler, unless someone GIVES me one....BUY FROM HONDA!!!

I'll Never Buy Another Chrysler
By diba on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I have had over a dozen flat tires over the past 2 years. All four tires take turns just randomly loosing air. The front end scrapes on the slightest incline. The brakes have been squeaking since day 1. I could never get the dealer to do anything for me. I'd love to trade my car in at the dealer I purchased it from and stick him with it but I can't bring myself to buy another Chrysler product.

sebring lxi
By tasha on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

Although I did not have any actual engine problems, I had several problems with everything from the sunroof leaking to the brakes squeaking to the automatic mirrors not working. Mine was probably a lemon, though, because I have heard only good things from other people!

Serbing
By Cole22 on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I like the car all around. It handles well and is very reliable. The previous owner had no problems with maintenance.

Good Car!!!!!!!!!!1
By TYRA on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I think this a great car. I like the body style because it is sexy but still classic. So far i have had no problems.

RUN FAR, FAR, AWAY!!!
By Chryslerhater on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I HATE MY CAR . . . I knew it was cursed when in the first week, I had two flat tires and one bent rim. I had to replace the brakes and roders a month after I had it. Three weeks after that, the whole car had to be rewired, tuned up, and the transmission had to be partially rebuilt... I have my own personalized chair at my mechanics. The car looks nice on the outside but quickly costs you tons and tons of money. Chrysler is the king of accessories but depreciates minutes after it leaves the assembly line. I have two friends with the same vehicle and we all currently owe MUCH MORE money than it is worth... I really wish someone would steal it...

So So Car, great looks
By DRMK on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

AC Compressor went 1st year, side windows do not seal shut (when closing door when weather is bitter cold). Tires expensive to replace. Front end too low must be careful not to scrape it In the shop now for possible speed sensor problem, transmission stuck in 2nd (the dealer calls it limp mode so you can limp it back to the shop)