Used 2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

dont buy
By j1604

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

Nice car until hit 170,000 miles. Had to drop 2000 dollars into it. Wouldn't start. Had timing belt, coolant flush,New muffler, I don't remember what else. After having a bunch of things fixed, I still have problems with car starting. Takes 3-5 tries before car starts. Mechanic cannot figure out what is causing it. Engine light stays on because of cylindar 1 misfire. All cylinders have been cleaned, and still get that code show up when engine light is on. Car doesn't run different. Was suggested o2 sensors but those are impossible to find. I suggest wording parts for that car at amautopart.com. cheaper! Else where parts for that pos car can be expensive.

Goodbye Chrylser
By Suz

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I have had nothing but problems with this car since I purchased it. The speed sensor went three times, in addition to other repairs - control arms replacement, door lock attenuator, replaced all the rims (got money back in the Class Action Lawsuit), headlight is foggy (from inside), etc. I have been adamant on keeping up with the maintenance book but have run out of room to write in all the extras that were needed. I am maticulous with the exterior (looks new) but have been battling rust that is coming from the inside of the hood leaching out. Most mechanics do not want to work on Chryslers and the parts (Mopar only) are difficult and expensive. My next car? Something foreign!

So far, so good!
By AggieKlin03

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

So far, I have loved this car. I have only had it for about 3 months now but I could not have asked for more in a car for the price. If you are worried about appearance, this is a super-sexy car. I've read several reviews complaining about the wheels bending easily, but luckily, mine came with after-market wheels off the used car lot. My only complaint is that of the low front end. I find myself braking and cringing at any little dip in the road.

Favorite Features

Spacious, comfortable interior, fabulous infinity sound system from the factory, fully loaded with all of the extras

Suggested Improvements

Front end is too low! Improve wind noise.

Needs more power
By griffojm

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

This car looks fast, but doesn't quite perform as advertised. The 170 HP is well under what I had expected. Recently, I replaced a bent rim...and I am constantly swerving from potholes. The transmission shifts in and out of overdrive for some reason, and takes a hell of a lot of time to get into overdrive on cold mornings (the dealership says that both are "normal conditions"). The front end of this car drags on anything, so if you buy one, be sure to keep your distance from parking blocks. My next car will definately not be a Chrysler, unless someone GIVES me one....BUY FROM HONDA!!!

Favorite Features

Interior is stylish and comfy, great stereo. Exterior is also quite sporty.

Suggested Improvements

More HP! Raise the front end slightly, more durable rims, better transmission, fog lights that can be used with the parking lights (useless otherwise)...did I mention more HP?

I'll Never Buy Another Chrysler
By diba

2000 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I have had over a dozen flat tires over the past 2 years. All four tires take turns just randomly loosing air. The front end scrapes on the slightest incline. The brakes have been squeaking since day 1. I could never get the dealer to do anything for me. I'd love to trade my car in at the dealer I purchased it from and stick him with it but I can't bring myself to buy another Chrysler product.

Favorite Features

Nice looking car they just forgot to make it dependable.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the high performance tires, raise the front end, do something about the overall quality of the car!