2000 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Excellent!
By carguru1986 on 10/02/13 21:53 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Limited 2dr Convertible

Ive kept my upkeep on it up to date. Bought with 98k miles 5 years ago. Now has over 265k and its still going strong. Comfortable, and appealing, its a dream to drive!

Nightmare on wheels!
By hugolast on 08/29/13 15:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

Worst car ever!! Had so many issues and spent so much money fixing numerous problems that the last time it broke down, I just called a towing company and let them take it for $100. A year later my newlywed daughter drove up our driveway in another Sebring Convertible! And three months later that's exactly where it is waiting to be taken to the shop for repairs. Horrible car. DO NOT buy.

dont buy
By j1604 on 05/12/13 08:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

Nice car until hit 170,000 miles. Had to drop 2000 dollars into it. Wouldn't start. Had timing belt, coolant flush,New muffler, I don't remember what else. After having a bunch of things fixed, I still have problems with car starting. Takes 3-5 tries before car starts. Mechanic cannot figure out what is causing it. Engine light stays on because of cylindar 1 misfire. All cylinders have been cleaned, and still get that code show up when engine light is on. Car doesn't run different. Was suggested o2 sensors but those are impossible to find. I suggest wording parts for that car at amautopart.com. cheaper! Else where parts for that pos car can be expensive.

Still enjoying the ride
By toly492516 on 09/09/11 18:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought this car new in August 2000 and have driven it for 11 years. That's 11 years on the streets of Chicago -- cold winters, hot summers, wheel-chewing potholes -- you name it, we have it. I hit 100,000 miles at the end of 2006, and now it's over 186,000. Took a road-trip to Seattle circa 2008; what a way to travel! The car was totally reliable through about 2008. After that, problems started creeping up, but that's hardly surprising for its age, mileage, and driving conditions. Given a choice, I'd buy this car again in a second. I'll be driving it till it stops.

Great car for the money.
By mich12 on 06/25/11 13:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Limited 2dr Convertible

The car now has 159,000 miles on it, it's really been a gem. Still runs great. Isn't really fast off the line, but has plenty of high end torque, which makes passing maneuvers easy. Many people badmouth Chrysler, but I've had really good luck with them, this is my 7th chrysler, and one of 6 to go well past the 100,000 mile mark. The only one that's really been problematic is my PT Cruiser GT, but even when it's transmission went bad, it still didn't leave me stranded. I drove it to the repair shop. I wish the same could be said of the MINI Cooper I purchased brand new. It left me stranded twice in it's first 17,000 miles. Needless to say, I went running back to Chryslers.

Worst Car ever
By Kiss it goodbye on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I have never had more problems with one car in my life. It only had 32,000 miles when I purchased it and now only 73,000 3 years later. Constantly in the shop for tie Rods and ends mostly the right side. Also blew freeze plugs and ac out twice, fuel pump went out and left me stranded. Front passenger seat almost threw my passenger thru the window due to cam not matching for seat. You name it and it has happened. I would never recommend anyone buy this car. I also paid only $10,000 and got 3 years extended warranty. I have only 800 miles till it runs out. It is in the shop as we speak. I have acquired gastritis and ulcers from this car and no health insurance cost thousands for med

Goodbye Chrylser
By Suz on 06/29/09 05:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I have had nothing but problems with this car since I purchased it. The speed sensor went three times, in addition to other repairs - control arms replacement, door lock attenuator, replaced all the rims (got money back in the Class Action Lawsuit), headlight is foggy (from inside), etc. I have been adamant on keeping up with the maintenance book but have run out of room to write in all the extras that were needed. I am maticulous with the exterior (looks new) but have been battling rust that is coming from the inside of the hood leaching out. Most mechanics do not want to work on Chryslers and the parts (Mopar only) are difficult and expensive. My next car? Something foreign!

The best American car I've had
By hilma on 01/24/09 12:33 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

This car has done great mileage for me. I drive it in the city. I get 20- 23mpg. I'm on my second battery and second set of tires. It has been in the shop only once with something more major -- the starter went and I decided to replace the water pump just in in case. This happens at 85,000 miles. Recently, it has developed a water leak and the AC blower is only working on high, but I'm fixing to trade it, anyways. Otherwise, it hasn't had any problems in 8 years!

Love of my life
By Love of my life on 01/12/09 05:21 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

The joy I get from this car is a first for me from a car. I am amazed by it's handling, great gas mileage and lack of need for repair. I will never own any other car. I am getting the E85 next.

Poor Workmanship
By mac on 12/04/08 11:35 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

Paid 10k, spent 4 k in repairs over 3 yrs Leaking problem-coolant, transmission, oil Brakes problem: Fixed over and over, still squeaky, bad parts A/C Heating: A/C use shuts down engine in summer. Heat won't work unless you put it on level 4 Reliability: Say a prayer everytime you leave your driveway and hope it doesn't shut down. Overall: With regular maintenance, there is always a minimum $600-1000 cost of repairing something. Went broke with this car, all other bills started being paid late because I put all our money into keeping this car on the road