Used 2000 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Excellent!
By carguru1986

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Limited 2dr Convertible

Ive kept my upkeep on it up to date. Bought with 98k miles 5 years ago. Now has over 265k and its still going strong. Comfortable, and appealing, its a dream to drive!

Convertale top.

Add more curves. Make it more sporty.

Nightmare on wheels!
By hugolast

2000 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

Worst car ever!! Had so many issues and spent so much money fixing numerous problems that the last time it broke down, I just called a towing company and let them take it for $100. A year later my newlywed daughter drove up our driveway in another Sebring Convertible! And three months later that's exactly where it is waiting to be taken to the shop for repairs. Horrible car. DO NOT buy.

dont buy
By j1604

2000 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

Nice car until hit 170,000 miles. Had to drop 2000 dollars into it. Wouldn't start. Had timing belt, coolant flush,New muffler, I don't remember what else. After having a bunch of things fixed, I still have problems with car starting. Takes 3-5 tries before car starts. Mechanic cannot figure out what is causing it. Engine light stays on because of cylindar 1 misfire. All cylinders have been cleaned, and still get that code show up when engine light is on. Car doesn't run different. Was suggested o2 sensors but those are impossible to find. I suggest wording parts for that car at amautopart.com. cheaper! Else where parts for that pos car can be expensive.

Still enjoying the ride
By toly492516

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought this car new in August 2000 and have driven it for 11 years. That's 11 years on the streets of Chicago -- cold winters, hot summers, wheel-chewing potholes -- you name it, we have it. I hit 100,000 miles at the end of 2006, and now it's over 186,000. Took a road-trip to Seattle circa 2008; what a way to travel! The car was totally reliable through about 2008. After that, problems started creeping up, but that's hardly surprising for its age, mileage, and driving conditions. Given a choice, I'd buy this car again in a second. I'll be driving it till it stops.

Best features are the lighting-fast top (ruined by Chrysler in newer models) and smooth ride. The car still looks beautiful -- not dated -- eleven years later. A drive to work with the top down on a nice day is like a little mini vacation.

Great car for the money.
By mich12

2000 Chrysler Sebring JXi Limited 2dr Convertible

The car now has 159,000 miles on it, it's really been a gem. Still runs great. Isn't really fast off the line, but has plenty of high end torque, which makes passing maneuvers easy. Many people badmouth Chrysler, but I've had really good luck with them, this is my 7th chrysler, and one of 6 to go well past the 100,000 mile mark. The only one that's really been problematic is my PT Cruiser GT, but even when it's transmission went bad, it still didn't leave me stranded. I drove it to the repair shop. I wish the same could be said of the MINI Cooper I purchased brand new. It left me stranded twice in it's first 17,000 miles. Needless to say, I went running back to Chryslers.

I love the two-tone interior, and the reverse glow gauges. It gets very respectable gas mileage for such large car. I love the 2+2 seating style. Love the spacious trunk, and the useable back seats, which really set it apart from other convertibles. When it was newer I could actually take it through an automatic car wash without having any leaks (it's about time for a new top now). The Infinity sound is great. I also like the fact that because it's not particularly fast, it's inexpensive to ensure, and keeps me out of trouble >=). The engine sounds great, it very closely resembles a V8, sans mods of course. The Autostick is useful in snow, and for passing, but not as fun as a manual.

Lot's of people say it could use a few more horses, but I feel it's more the transmission, than the engine that holds it back because it seems to have plenty of power at higher speeds. I think if they'd offered it with a manual transmission it would have been not only more fun to drive, but also solved any complaints about power. I also have to say, I don't think it handles all that great, but it could be because I'm used to smaller cars, it still handles really well, and anything it lacks in handling it makes up for in ride quality. The tires are also a little too wide, which means you have to be extra careful when it rains lest you hydroplane.

• SUV