1998 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Great Car
By julemine on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I've never had to do anything to this car...it's been great and fun to drive. Twice I've hit a spot where I bent the wheel because the tire profile is extra small, but other than that...cool.

super soft-top
By bjnet on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

a full 5 seater. very comfortable and reasonable performance. so far very reliable. car lives up to the promise of being a well priced easy to use convertible with no real drawbacks

Roomy, affordable and fun to drive!
By kaz on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

Great experience with Sebring jxi convertible...bought new and now has 50,000 miles. Convertible top easy to use and has never had a problem. Interior(two-tone leather) looks great after 3 1/2 years. Lots of room in trunk and back seats. Only problems: hard to start when gas is under a quarter tank, changed brake pads once, warranty covered cracked emergency brake handle, and just had to fix a broken oil gasket, re-alligned & rotated tires, and replaced one tire. Total spent on maintenance - no more than $800(with extended warranty). Not bad, considering majority of that was last month with 45,000 mile check up. Great car!

Best Car Ever
By Joey on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

If you are lookin' for a great used vehicle, your in buisness w/ a 1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible. My father got me one for my 17th birthday and i love it!

Not Bad, But Could be Better
By mbistoocool on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

Overall a very fun vehicle to own. Mine is a 1998 and still gets admirers. Build quality is just ok. I too have had my rear defroster come loose several times and now I dont even bother getting it fixed anymore. Starter went bad, and im worred about the transmission, it hesitates a little from first to second. But other than that it is a very nice car.

Piece of Crap
By George R on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

I bought this car new for my wife. She loves it - I hate it. It has 35000 miles on it and this is what we have had to have done: Numerous leaks in the convertible top, 3 sets of front rotors and pads, both door straps, head gasket (!), timing chain and emissions control computer. I have never had a car with so many problems. Still doesn't run right. I take very good care of my cars and this is what we got from Chrysler. I also had a 97 Intrepid ES - great car but then I got a 99 Intrepid ES - piece of crap also. Chrysler, you have a problem!!

Not Bad
By GB on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

No problems so far. Runs and looks great. I still love the platinum color on my JXI Limited. My only complaint is the stupid cup holders. Come on! Can't fit my Big Gulp in there.

electrical mess
By sheila grames on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I had electrical problems since 55K miles. Rear defrost broke several times. In the shop every two months for electrical problems. Seat handle broke. 3 batteries in the car. (engineers dont know where the drain of the battery is coming from. ( no help at all) I take great mechanical care of my car.. I cant help that it has electrical problems. I give this car a 1.0 on dependability. I have heard many chrysler owners complain of electrical problems with these cars.

The tires and rims are awful
By annoyed at chrysler on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I've had fifteen flat tires since owning this vehicle -- other than that it's been a good car. The flat tires cause the car to be unsafe & undependable. I have heard of other owners with the same complaint. What an absolute hassle. Would be interested in hearing from you if you have experienced the same trouble.

Love it when it works
By Paul G. on 03/12/02 22:49 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

fun car; however, have had some problems with fuel pump, major steering assembly repair, and ignition/electrical issues.