Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

It's Fun to Drive But!!!!!
By Cesar

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I bought as a used car. It is really fun to drive and I lke but I had so many probles with the front end and rear suspensions. It was OK to fix these parts as I really like the car but all the parts are very expensive. I recommend to by this car brand new and if used should be in a perfect shape and condition. I love my car despite all these problems and I won't get rid of it.

Infinity Sound System, Style and Interior design.

Chrysler should take more care of this care as I thin it would be a great product if all suspension and mechanical problems are solved in newer versions.

After 80000 miles
By Robert W. Porter

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

After 80000 miles and 7 years later, the body is still in excellent shape and the paint still shines. But the tie-rod ends go bad and then break, yes I said break, so you cannot steer when they break and could cause an accident. So have them replaced as soon as you buy one of these cars, or have the owner do it before you buy. The cross over tube in your cooling system deteriorates and needs to be replaced, kind of pricey. The rear defogger hasn't worked since I bought the car. The tranny is geared high so you don't get the full effect of the 168hp V6. And the computer puts the engine at idle once you hit 105mph. Doesn't go any faster unless you can get the rev limiter shut off.

Looks, power, stereo sounds good. Fun to drive, and handles pretty good. Excellent in the snow.

Tie rods ends need to be recalled, or be required change like the timing belt. Change Tie rod ends at around 70000 miles. Lowered gearing on the auto trannys, the new ones do the same thing.

Sebring Conv. - fun car/fun drive
By nitneelyin

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

Car has been a pleasant surprise. Expected road noise with a convertible and I got it, but the ride is superb, even after 134,000 miles. Gas mileage runs 24-27. The OEM Michelin tires got 60,000 miles, so did the second set and I'm on #3. Back seat is useless for anyone except small kids. Trunk is okay, but not roomy. Battery placement (I changed it once) is horrendous, in the wheelwell on the front driver side, what an engineering screw-up. Stereo was clear and loud even with the top down. Bottom line, it's been a fun car with the top down or up!

Great ride, handles well, hugs the road.

Relocate battery. Cup holders in a bad location, none in the back. Early '98's had compass/outside temp. gauge, they took it off by the time I bought-put them back. Add voltage gauge

Never Again
By HowardL

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

This will be my last American automobile purchase or Mitsubishi. Trans problems, recalls, expensive tires and parts as well as poor front end design and the turning circle of the HMS Titanic made this the "car in the driveway". Underpowered and noisy, this was the sexiest piece of junk I ever owned.

Looked good.

Most have been made already and the list was long and varied.

great used ride
By TX22

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

I liked it right off...nice car.problems are nile, 99K as of now and have not had to do one thing except tires and brakes. Key was weird once, nothing happened, there is a fuse that burns out that triggers everyhting. I would another one for sure

sweet looking, red paint is nice, tan top is a classic,

bad stock radio, nice car