Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

This is a good car.
By Tim

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a previous salvage with low mileage. I put over 50K miles on it in two and a half years and only replaced the starter and the battery. When I bought this car I heard of the trans problems so I made sure to maintain the trans every 30k, if you do this I don't think you will have any major problems. Overall this car defines reliability.

Favorite Features

Reliability, looks, get good gas milage, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius, leg room.

Try before you buy
By Jim

1998 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe

After owning my '98 Sebring LXi for almost a year now, I can honestly say I am very pleased with my decision. The key, if you are thinking about purchasing a Sebring coupe, make sure you test it out and test it quite extensively. Transmissions are an achilles heel so ensure shifts are smooth at numerous RPM settings. The 2.5 V6 is silky smooth - just be sure to replace the timing belt around 100,000 miles to ensure everything keeps going for another 100,000. Sure, there are a few minor niggles but the sheer fact that these cars are packed with some features now seen on premium luxury cars (garage door opener, auto-dim mirror, etc.) makes a used Sebring an incredibly good deal.

Favorite Features

Smoothness of the V6; Infinity Audio; Turn of the millenium, chic style. Long legs on the highway too (turns 3000 rpm at 80mph and only 1900 rpm at 60mph!)

Suggested Improvements

Front valence ("the mouth") is very low - be CAREFUL! Alloys are soft and on low profile tires, may bend on severy potholes. Some slight tranny whine at certain speeds.

goodtimes with the top down
By sean

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

i bought this car used with 58,000 miles. i have the limited edition with the 2 tone leather. it's been a blast to drive and it looks great ! had to put in a new ac unit last month for $1000.00 , but hey, it's seven years old and sill looks brand new. i would buy another.

Favorite Features

drop top, chromw wheels, dimming rear view mirror, cd changer, the optional auto stick

Suggested Improvements

plusher leather

perfect!!!
By biggie

1998 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe

This car is simply perfect!!! I have had it for a year now. I have the 2.0l 4cyl. engine with a 5sp. This car is comfortable, looks great, completely reliable, great gas mileage, and fun to drive!!!

Favorite Features

I love the overall design of the car. Also, I enjoy the sunroof a lot!

Suggested Improvements

none!!!

Granny's new ragtop
By Jennie Robbins

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

For a seven yr old car it has plenty of get up and go. People notice it. I bought it on line, and drove it home (1,000 miles) with no problems. It is smooth shifting and has plenty of power for this 60 yr old grandmother. I prefer it to my vintage corvette.

Favorite Features

It's well equiped. Has everything I could ever use, and some I'll never use.

Suggested Improvements

None. It's a great used car.