1998 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Excellent
By Seth on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

This car performs exceptionally well all around. I was in an accident where I was hit in the side by a large truck, and I was plesantly (HA HA) surprised by how well it with stood the impact.

1998 Seibring jx convertible
By woodrow ban on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

Dealership great. Car underpowered. Needs the v-6. Milage unimpressive. Cornering sluggish. Mechanically poor. Head gasket at ~60,000. After a fight, Chrysler did do a good-will adjustment. Outer tie rod ends at 65,000. Way too soon. No grease fittings on originals or replacements. Electrical window switches have required replacement twice. Internal headlight aimer failed. Ended up illuminating the telephone wires. Not repairable, needed a ~$250 headlamp module. Interior panels crack and break.

Enjoy it
By cousindebbie on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I just bought it but do really enjoy driving this car. I do hope it stands up tp my expectations, but think it will. I feel safer in it than I did my Saturn and it is quieter and somewhat more comfortable. Seats can be a bit more comfortable, honestly. But I do really like this vehicle.

sebring style
By tony_dano on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I love the sexy interior design and fairly good acceleration and handling. Don't like the stiff ride and ground clerance.

fun car
By genlee on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

Great car to own except for the audio system. That really isn't a problem for me anyway though since I am installin an all diamond audio setup. This car actually makes it funl to drive to work :)

Junk!
By L.A. Mark on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

Bought the car two years ago with 29K on it. Have had the car in the shop 6 times in 2 years. Repairs run from simple electrical to broken suspension pieces that left me stranded on vacation. Front left wheel makes a thunking sound over speed bumps or rough roads and the dealer says they hear and feel it but can't find it. They keep saying its the brakes ( funny you said the same thing 5,000 miles ago when YOU replaced them!) Basically a good looking, comfortable car, with poor handling and Horrid build quality. First American made car I've owned in 15 years and will be the last one I ever own

Problem free fun car
By Poptop on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

I drive it year-round. Bought it as a 1 yr. old Hertz rental car. Have 96K miles on it and not one mechanical problem. Looking to purchase another one soon. Love it!

Still looks (& drives) good after 5 yrs.
By divinemsm on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

My Sebring convertible has held up rather well, aside from a couple of minor body dings. When it's cleaned and waxed, it still looks great. And it runs and handles very well. So far I've had to replace only two things: (1) a tire that took a nail in the sidewall at 9,000 miles; (2) I just had to replace the original battery after a spell of very cold weather. I've owned 3 Chrysler convertibles in the past 17 years (1 bought as a repo, 2 bought new), and this one is the best- built yet. I'm not planning to buy a new car for a couple of years, but I'll have to look at Sebrings again if I decide to buy another ragtop.

"OH MY GOD, I THINK THE DOOR FELL OFF!"
By skikid787 on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I have never seen more cowl shake in a convertible in my life. This is the most losely assembled car I have ever seen. I like the clever exhaust note, two tone leather seats, and the green gages at night. That is no exception for pathetic performance in a convertible. I won't even get into the first time I went over train tracks with the car.

This car was Great!!
By Chris17654 on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

This vehicle was great when I first got it. But later on in the year it started having problems. Every time I hit the gas it makes this humming sound that can really get on your nerves when on long trips out of town. Also the front axle seems to breaking down. There is some kind of rattling sound. All though it is almost impossible to get a better sound system installed because of the way everything is hooked up to the Amp in the trunk. The car is just to weird. The 1998 model should have been a manual anyway. It would work alot better so the buyers would be able to "Hook it up". Like cold air intakes etc.....