Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

JXI Limited Convt
By SparkDog74

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I just bought the Limited model with the indiglo style dash, white faced gauges, and autostick. Love the car, gets attention you want and none that you don't. Two toned interior 2.5 is peppy not powerful. Chrome wheels are a nice touch, but expect the tires to be a little spendy. Just bought and putting it through its paces. Infinity sound systems is good, wish cd changer would read cd/rw formats. Looking for interior parts, I imagine they will be hard to find.

Favorite Features

Indiglo style white face gauges, the all-chrome wheels and all over body style with the color combo!

Suggested Improvements

Better interior, meaning more plush leather.

'98 Sebring Coupe
By Katsalumnus

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for more than nine years. I have only had normal wear and tear maintenance on it. I am a medium frame woman and the cockpit and placing of instrument panel is comfortable and useful.

Favorite Features

Cockpit setup. Love the wheels! Always liked the stying on this car.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof mechanism and gasket.

Love my Car
By robby

1998 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 8 years ago, it was the style that attracted me. I liked the sporty look of the front cowl. I love the way it handles, the performance, the comfort. I have taken very good care of it and it has been a great car.

Favorite Features

The style, I haven't bought a new car because I haven't seen anything else that interests me.

Suggested Improvements

Ground clearance, gotta watch those curbs, sidewalks, parking bumpers and steep driveways, it will scrape.

okay for cheap coupe
By Mark

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

Yeah those cheap chrysler rims and the brakes I fixed but it does look good! I had to tape together the bottom of the front bumper from curb and road rash, to low! Nice exhaust sound to bad it doesnt translate into horsepower although it goes if you keep your foot in it. The one thing not mentioned is this cars higher insurance rating, still I'll keep it for awhile its kinda fun. Watch out for those curbs and potholes or you'll be looking for new rims!

Favorite Features

looks,exhaust sound

Suggested Improvements

better rims

Just OK...
By Chris

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I have been happy with this car mechanically....but....too low in front, bad turning radius, rattles in glovebox and sunroof, exterior cladding fell off, stiff ride(but enjoyable). I have owned it since new. I would not buy another one. It has been an OK car and decently good looking. The cab forward design was interesting for looks but practical it is not. The newer models don't look as good, and the redesign doesn't even look promising. I won't recommend this car used unless you plan on adding a lot of aftermarket styling and equipment...should be cheap. It isn't even worth what edmunds or bluebook says it is worth.

Favorite Features

Looks and equipment load out.

Suggested Improvements

Where to start....they did the basics on the newer models but style went to pot. Stay away, Chrysler doesn't do enough to actually call them improvements.