1998 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
It's Fun to Drive But!!!!!
By Cesar on 03/29/05 14:01 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I bought as a used car. It is really fun to drive and I lke but I had so many probles with the front end and rear suspensions. It was OK to fix these parts as I really like the car but all the parts are very expensive. I recommend to by this car brand new and if used should be in a perfect shape and condition. I love my car despite all these problems and I won't get rid of it.

After 80000 miles
By Robert W. Porter on 11/07/04 14:46 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

After 80000 miles and 7 years later, the body is still in excellent shape and the paint still shines. But the tie-rod ends go bad and then break, yes I said break, so you cannot steer when they break and could cause an accident. So have them replaced as soon as you buy one of these cars, or have the owner do it before you buy. The cross over tube in your cooling system deteriorates and needs to be replaced, kind of pricey. The rear defogger hasn't worked since I bought the car. The tranny is geared high so you don't get the full effect of the 168hp V6. And the computer puts the engine at idle once you hit 105mph. Doesn't go any faster unless you can get the rev limiter shut off.

Sebring Conv. - fun car/fun drive
By nitneelyin on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

Car has been a pleasant surprise. Expected road noise with a convertible and I got it, but the ride is superb, even after 134,000 miles. Gas mileage runs 24-27. The OEM Michelin tires got 60,000 miles, so did the second set and I'm on #3. Back seat is useless for anyone except small kids. Trunk is okay, but not roomy. Battery placement (I changed it once) is horrendous, in the wheelwell on the front driver side, what an engineering screw-up. Stereo was clear and loud even with the top down. Bottom line, it's been a fun car with the top down or up!

Never Again
By HowardL on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

This will be my last American automobile purchase or Mitsubishi. Trans problems, recalls, expensive tires and parts as well as poor front end design and the turning circle of the HMS Titanic made this the "car in the driveway". Underpowered and noisy, this was the sexiest piece of junk I ever owned.

great used ride
By TX22 on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

I liked it right off...nice car.problems are nile, 99K as of now and have not had to do one thing except tires and brakes. Key was weird once, nothing happened, there is a fuse that burns out that triggers everyhting. I would another one for sure

Worst Car that you could ever imagine
By ashok.manthina on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

This is the worst Car that you could ever imagine to own. I have only 68k on this car now, and maybe spent more than $4k in repairs. And don't ever buy any car at LITHIA COLORADO JEEP 505 S HAVANA ST DENVER CO 80012 Chrysler dealer in Denver. He lied through his teeth about the warranty that he sold me.

Total Enjoyment
By leesa on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

This has been a great car and is fun to drive. I would purchase another LXI. Would not recommend for 4 adults, 3 is ok but over that it is crowded. Car is rather restricted for someone 6' and taller. Rear window is difficult to clean.

my chrysler
By your daddy on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

great car until 90,000 miles. Also, expensive to repair due to mitsubishi parts.

Stay away
By D Reynolds on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE... is all I can say. I only bought it a few months ago and have nothing but transmission problems and brakes problems and now it is making all kinds of rattle noises. I wish I could take it back.....

Utter junk
By Sebring is worthless on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I have never had a car I hated so much. Low profile tires cause the rims to bend at every pothole - 5 flat tires and one blow out. Ground clearance is horrid, it doesn't clear cement parking guides. The brakes continually squeal, even when new. Shakes constantly, and starting to make noises. Front seats are too small for most men [fine for me, as I am a smaller woman]. Speakers buzz and shake with louder volume. Horn is difficult to blow. Just yuk, yuk, yuk!!!! Also, turning radius sucks.