Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

First Car
By sebringbaby

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I had gotten my Sebring, almost 2 years ago. After the first year, It started turning off when I was driving it back and forth to school. We took it to many mechanics and they said that they couldn't find what was wrong with it. But quite a few said it might be the fuel pump. It is a good car over all. I loved it when my parents first pulled it in the parking lot.

Favorite Features

Sporty Look. Sound of the exhaust when taken off. ( I love that sound ) Leather Seats, Sunroof.

Money Pit
By joey_r

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I've had my '98 Sebring Lxi for 3 years now. I've sunk around $2500 into it. Had to replace the upper passenger side control arm, alternator, timing belt, computer, fuel pump & lines, and both tie-rods. Cheapest tire replacement was $121 each. I love the aggressive style of the car and the interior but all the money into it is not worth it.

1998 Chrysler Sebring (Limited)
By chrysler777

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

This Sebring is the first generation sebring and in my opinion the best! It is an affordable convertible that is not boring to look at or drive by any means. It has a refined transmission with plenty of power but pretty good mpg. If you are in the market for a convertible consider this one.

Favorite Features

6-disc changer, leather seats, infinity sound, simple top to operate, stylish gage cluster, rims, and engine.

Suggested Improvements

The seals around windows, way to stabilize windows so they dont shake as much when the top is down, a heavier duty heater

Disappointed
By isis12

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

My 1998 Sebring LXi had 95,000kms on it when I bought a few weeks ago and it has a V-6 2.5L engine, it also looks like new. The exterior looks very sharp and sporty, it's fun to drive, and the interior also looks very sharp, with big buttons that are placed intelligently. The seats in this car are very stiff and no matter how much the driver's seat is adjusted there is no comfy way to drive this car. This car has terrible fuel economy because my sister who owns a Grand Am with a 3.1L gets less than 10L/100km in the city while my car gets 11L/100km on the highway and my car has a considerably smaller engine. This car has already cost me $1000+ in repairs. I would not recommend this car.

Just bought and LOVING it!!!
By takes2tutango

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

So, I have only owned my Sebring for 3 days now and I really don't have a lot to base reliability on as of yet but, I can say I am thrilled with this car more every time I open the door, start the engine and head out on the open road. I looked at numerous BMW's prior but, none came close to the comfort and features for the money. I needed something that my two kids could fit in as well and they thought every BMW we test drove felt too cramped. Now, I am not in any way saying that BMW isn't a great car but, for the money I am LOVING this Sebring. I will keep you informed as to whether I still love it in six months and then a year too. Right now she's got 123,000 miles and looks brand new.

Favorite Features

Stereo is AWESOME and I am getting better than 28 mpg when staying below 75 on the freeway. Plus the gold exterior on tan leather interior looks like a wonderful glass of bubbly. :)