1997 Chrysler Sebring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Looks can be decieving.
By pcast99 on 02/16/14 11:40 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I bought this car January of 2013 and have had it over a year and it has been a money pit. I've had to replace the brake lines, tie rods and various other items. The radio stopped working and the emergency brake broke. It is also rusted out under the body and I'm told it's only a matter of time until it comes to a point it can't be driven. However I'll admit it is an old car and the previous owner(s) didn't take care of it well. It looks and feels decent but the ride is noisy and it is a painfully slow car. If you are considering buying this vehicle be sure to examine it closely and consider another vehicle first.

Car from hell
By blacabanne on 02/26/13 09:54 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

Positively the worst car I've ever owned. Bought this piece of crap for $1,500 with 105,000 miles on it and over the course of 10 months was able to drive it only 2,000 miles. Spent over $5,000 in repairs and finally couldn't take it any more. Replaced: Brakes, calipers, seat belt module, timing belt (after it broke and destroyed the cylinder head valves) cam position sensor, crank position sensor, distributor, oil pressure sending unit, transmission module, shift soenoid, ball joints, sway bar links, just to name a few things. Mechanics hate this car, it's a nightmare to work on. I wish I had listened to the guy who said his mechanic used to run and lock the door, he wasn't kidding.

the car i didnt want
By barleypopplz on 02/14/11 09:55 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

this was a last option buy for us, our honda was totaled and we needed a car now. we paid 2600 for it, it has 80k original miles now we have had her for 6 months now and have fallen in LOVE with this care

Buffalo chips
By buffalo on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

Dependable fun convertible looks brand new recently paint not a scratch or a bump good take off; feel like you are borrowing daddy's car every time you drive it but it's yours

Nice car
By george7861 on 08/05/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

Even though the car is really a Mitsubishi Eclipse with a Chrysler body it is a nice sporty, fast car. It handles really good, mine has 140,000 miles on it and it starts better in the winter better than my neighbor's VW.

i love my car
By razze69697 on 03/29/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

i love this car the only thing is having to change the timing belt but i have never been stranded and good on gas sand pretty roomy for a convertible. Still runs strong w/167,000k miles

Medicore at best
By iso on 05/05/07 21:35 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought my Sebring Convertible with 98K on it. Not new, I know. My biggest complaint is oil issues. The oil light came on, I took it in and they replaced the oil sending unit. 10 miles later, it came on again. Every mechanic I took it in to gave me a different explanation and a different price. I drove it for a year with the light on. The rear window broke and cost around $1000 to replace. The turning radius is horrid. The interior of the door came away from the door. Crappy Chrysler quality. It was fun to drive, but a headache overall. I'm buying Japanese next time.

A greatly built car.
By andy on 03/31/07 18:56 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

I've owned this car since new and the engine, transmission, A/C, and electrical system never gave me a problem. The only major maintenance I did was replace the motor mounts, installed a new top and new carpet. This is a very underrated car. The engine and transmission are Japanese and these can go the distance like Toyotas or Hondas.

NIIIIIICE.
By Matt on 12/14/06 14:37 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

Overall, this is a nice ride. I bought it for my son's first car, and it was a good choice. I have had a few repairs, but its an old car. I would definitely get another if it came up.

1997 Chrysler Sebring Review
By Fred on 05/17/05 18:49 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

This vehicle is fun to drive and hugs the road at all speeds. It rides real smooth on open highway best. Shifting at high RPMs is smooth and powerful. Convertible model smart looking and by far the best design is the 1997. I will have no problem selling this vehicle when the time is right.

1 2 3 4 5 next »