2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Classic 2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )
Excellent
By E.C. on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a new special edition with the two tone black/silver paint and red leather seats. Great car and the pricing was incredible. I looked at other comparable cars, but there was no way to get them under $13k, not even close. To me this car is a classic. The looks, performance, cargo space, build quality, and handling are great. I'm also getting 25 mpg average, so no complaints there.

No Better Car For the $$
By R.B. on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a new 2010 PT special edition (black and silver w/red leather seats). This PT is loaded and a blast to drive. I paid under 13K for a car stickered at $19995! (try buying a stripped HHR or Kia Soul for that!). I looked at a lot of cars and NOTHING came close to the bang for the buck that the PT has. The build quality is excellent. This is the end of production for these cars and they are sitting unsold on the lots which is sad but a real opportunity as well! Go get one!

Happy
By hank on 07/12/10 15:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Yes there are nicer cars out there but not for $10,990. Yes, I stole it brand spanking new 2010 (list $18,995). L for that kind of money if you buy anything else you need a dog and a White cane. So what that it gets 21 mpg average. In 100,000 miles I will spend 920 gallon more than in the Kia soul (26 mpg average), which is $2760+ 10,995=$13,755. Can't buy a soul loaded with identical equipment and none of those can tow a motorcycle trailer. Enough said.

Mistake or not?
By unsure on 05/17/10 06:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm happy to see the positive reviews about this car but I am unhappy with the car's performance. I never thought to ask about it at the dealership or research it. This is the second one I've owned; but honestly the '01 seemed to perform much better. Did I make a mistake??? Hopefully, my concerns will dissipate with time since less than 700 miles. I've brought it in the service dept; naturally no signs of anything wrong...

Well-built
By L Wall on 04/07/10 07:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first pt cruiser. After many years of driving large gas guzzlers it's nice to drive a small peppy well built car. I have two friends who own older pt cruisers and they are happy with them. I'm getting 21 miles per gallon city driving. The 2010 model comes pretty much loaded with options. good deal for the money. I drove two foreign cars and they didn't drive as nice and quiet as the pt cruiser. This car has an American car feel, nice and solid. The heated power seat is a nice standard feature on chilly mornings. Get one of these while they're still available at a great price.

Couldn't be Happier
By Very Satisfied on 03/02/10 14:58 PM (PST)

2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I gave my 2001 PT Cruiser to my Grandson. It had less than 50,000 trouble-free miles on it, and looked like new. I bought a 2010 because it is the last year they'll make it. It's everything I'd hoped it would be, and more. I got a great deal on it, so purchased a lifetime warranty on it. I drive American cars, and have for most of my life. They're more than competitive with the Japanese and Korean cars, and I happy to keep the money in this country.

mistaken identity
By pat karrick on 02/08/10 08:59 AM (PST)

2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I misread the information on pt cruiser being a midsized car for 2010 and misjudged the vehicles it was compared to. I bought a 2010 which has a 2000.00 discount. I accepted black. The only color said available. I am in a compact car not a midsized car. I have filled the gas tank twice and only put on 300. Miles. Its a 15 gallon tank. I was told and read a 26 mpg. My 1996 Buick regal v6 3800 motor with 200,300. Miles on it got 26 miles to a gallon if not more. I want my old car back.

2nd PT
By Second PT on 01/09/10 15:29 PM (PST)

2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My first PT was an inferno red 02 with Moon Roof, heated leather seats. I loved it so much, I traded it in with 100,000 trouble free miles for the final PT year, a Sliver 2010 with Moon Roof, heated cloth seats. They have made some nice minor changes. Consumer R gives the 08 good marks for reliability. It has a great sound system with one year of Satelite radio thrown in. I have carried couches in the back of my old PT. You can't beat the interior design. Chrysler offered a 7 year 70,000 mile, new car, bumper to bumper, extended warranty for a mere $1,400, so I took it. I also got $2,000 cash back. A very unique exterior so you won't look like everyone else. A great car for the money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser in VA is:

$122 per month*