2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Nice car, nice price

2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Review

2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Base Wagon (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Nice car, nice price
By jim on

2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is an AUTOMATIC, not manual. This site did not have that as a choice for the LX base model. The base model had all the options I needed. I was not expecting to buy a PT, originally I was looking for a small pickup with crew cab. But truck prices were too high so eventually I looked at and drove the PT. I liked it. Good visablity, comfortable seats, roomy interior, lots of cargo space, seems to be well made. Suspension is firm but not harsh, cabin is pretty darn quiet, might even be quieter then my Crown Vic. It has the electronic mileage readout and in town looks to run around 19 mpg and in mixed commuting type driving about 23 mpg. Engine power is adequate.

Favorite Features

I got the inferno red. One thing I like about the PT is that it doesn't look like every other small car nor does it look like a jelly bean. It's very comfortable and pleasent to drive. All the controls are within easy reach, std seats have good lower back support, interior is very versitile.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage would be nice but that's not going to happen since it's probably in its last year of production. One the plus side, since it's been in production so long one hopes that all the bugs have been worked out by now.