2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
Ripped Off!
By Ripped Off! on 10/28/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car via "clunkers program" + Chrysler rebate incentive. We were told that in order to participate we had to pay full sticker price, $21,400 although the same car sells for $19,060 here. I have had the vehicle less than two months. Its seating is deceiving. It is actually rather difficult to get into and out of if you are big and tall (6'3" 250). The seats are very short and make for uncomfortable long distance driving. I would like to trade in on a used truck; but - value dropped $9,000.00 in less than two months. Kelly Blue Book and N.A.D.A. rate the value used at $10,000 to $12,500. I feel that I was ripped off for that $8,000.00 ($450+$350.00)I got for my 'clunker'.

Nice car, nice price
By jim on 10/03/09 11:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is an AUTOMATIC, not manual. This site did not have that as a choice for the LX base model. The base model had all the options I needed. I was not expecting to buy a PT, originally I was looking for a small pickup with crew cab. But truck prices were too high so eventually I looked at and drove the PT. I liked it. Good visablity, comfortable seats, roomy interior, lots of cargo space, seems to be well made. Suspension is firm but not harsh, cabin is pretty darn quiet, might even be quieter then my Crown Vic. It has the electronic mileage readout and in town looks to run around 19 mpg and in mixed commuting type driving about 23 mpg. Engine power is adequate.

Good Car
By BigCougar on 09/28/09 17:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I have the dream cruiser. I roll up my front and rear windows on the dash board. Unusual, but you get used to it. When I need the power I speed around other cars and leave them in the dust. I let it hang out around the curves. It is fun to drive. Mileage is not too good, but then what do you expect from a car with a turbo. It give me great performance. If you are looking for mileage conseder something else.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser in VA is:

$102 per month*