Used 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

disappointed good lookin car
By rosa rector

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

i bought a2008 car in june 2008.i always wanted a pt cruiser,finally got one.beautiful looking car,hear lots of road noise on drivers side.taken car back to dealer several times,they say they cant hear anything.taken again was told this was normal ride for pt cruiser.front end out of align when got car,was told this was a normal ride for pt cruiser.sound like my window is down all the timeand i cant take my eyes off the road.very disappointing.was out of oil,oil light never came on.good thing is get good gas mileage.gas pedal now squeaks.wiil not buy another.my daughter refuses to drive because she is afraid of too many problems

beautiful brilliant black color,roomy,nice sound system-good to look at

i think the doors does not fit properly,or it was not inspected,or just a factory reject passed along

Looks nice, runs great, but
By aggie

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car runs great, handles well, nice and roomy. There is a squeaking noise going over bumps that sounds like it hasn't been lubed. I like it very much. It's versatle and fun to drive. Makes you want to get in it and go cruising except I can't because the headlights randomly flicker. This ranges from mild to severe with severe being when the dash lights flicker too and then they both blip out and then back on again. I've had it to two different dealers who can't find a thing wrong wth it so I guess it must be posessed. I wouldn't buy another one of these. I hope someone can finally fix it so I can enjoy it without worry.

The auxiliary jack. The power driver's seat.

I wish someone at Chrysler would tell me what good a factory warranty is if no one can diagnose and fix there cars.

Yet again
By Chelsea

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Welll I worte the previous comment and I am having to write one again! I bought this car brand new on January 1, 2008 and it is December 31,2008! I drove it all day long, then when I went to drive home I turned my car on and the check engine light came on! Are you serious right now? I am trying to drive and my car isn't accelerating! Then it started to, then it jumped then it was just reving at 4rpm!! It isn't switching gears! So over this! This car must be a lemon! It's going back to the dealer on Friday! I don't even want a replacement I just want a different make & model! No more Chryslers for me! For real this time!

So over Chrysler!
By Chelsea

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved driving my used 2001 Limited Edition PT Crusier but was having some problems with it come 2007 so I decided it was time for a new one..despite the previous problems I had, I figured buying a brand new one I wouldn't have any problems, so I purchased a brand new Cruiser on January 1, 2008. Do you think it's been a joy? Not one bit! I have had nothing but problems since day one! It has been in for balancing over 3 times, the tires have been indexed multiple times, and now it squeaks when I go over anything that makes the car bouce. It's so annoying! Body creaks shouldn't be happening on a less then one year old car! I am over my car and will never buy a Chrysler again!

The AUX outlet so I can listen to my iPod! The openess of the driver/front passenger area. The rear passenger seats - how they sit up higher.

Better balancing, better pick-up, better mpg, pretty much this car just needs to be completely redone!

Cruising in my Cruiser
By River Cruiser

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The first thing I noticed was my absence from the gas station. Fun to drive with lots of room. Like the power driver's seat and the power sun roof. The rear seats being able to remove completely is really a good idea. Stereo has great sound. Lots of power for me.