Used 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Turbo? no way!
By Viviana

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first pt a brand new 2002, loved my car, had it for 7 years only two problems with it and we solved it fast,Now I have a new 2008 turbo and it has been at the dealership about 12 times, they cant find nothing wrong with it, they said its all normal, but it feels that you are riding on a tractor at the farm.gas milage is so poor,tire ligh on, the ratleling noise it makes, the squeaks andthe power seat handle broke off. Iam so upset that this pt is so sad!give me my 2002 back. Whats wrong with the people at the dealership?

roomy,the color (red)

check the turbo.

mondays car
By sandy

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 1st pt was a 2002 5 speed loved the car after 124,000 mi I felt I should get another. I have been to the dealer to many times. I bought a used 2008 with 12,000 mi. After 2 mo. And 3, ooo mi the car died on a 4 lane road. Alternator needed to be replaced. 2 moths later a wire came loose need to be replaced. Just picked it up from the dealership and now the speedometer is not working. Gotta go back again. I do not trust this car anymore. I loved the 2002. Hate this car. I am afraid to go on a long trip.

looks cool

noisy ruff ride

Just the Ticket for Mom
By momswagon

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 PT Cruiser wagon base model used with 15K miles on it. It had been used as a rental car. Very clean and still looked new. The engine light was on when I bought it, but it was all under warranty so I took it to the dealership and they fixed it right up. I added window tint later. It's been great around town for me,the kids and all of our stuff - we're a busy family and I really enjoy the roominess of the cargo area. For the dog, I can fold the back seats up for even more room. The only drawback is the surprising low gas mileage for the base engine, because it's not quick. We have to use the a/c all the time (which works great), so that's even more engine drag!

The aux jack for my iPod, great a/c, love the color, roomy interior, 3 cupholders in front, deep console storage, easy to drive and handle on most roads, easy to read dash, retro clock, factory stereo/CD is quite good, snug nose design is great, just the right size for city driving, kids love it.

Better gas mileage, base engine slow, don't pull out in front of anyone, surprisingly wide turn radius for a smallish vehicle, weird blind spot I have not experienced with all my other vehicles, you really have to be careful backing up, doesn't hold resale value well because there are so many...

Fun, fun, fun!
By Jeeta

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I have always wanted a PT Cruiser, now I have one! I can't explain 'why' it is so much fun to drive, but it truely is. It is more than I expected. The exterior is beautiful, There is nothing I would change. It is comfortable and very roomy on the inside. I think the dash does not equal the rest of the car, its cheap looking. I'm planning on purchasing the wood dash kit (it sounds easy to install...we'll see). I did purchase 'the goddess' hood ornament and it always stops people in thier tracks, they love it. I love my cruiser, her name is Maxine.

It looks good. It drives very well, good sturdy feel. Nice leather seats. Lots of extras to purchase, to personalize your car.

Offer a better stereo system (like Bose). Better looking dash.

Cruiser--my first new car!!!!
By Elizabeth

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car! I love my car, although some people said it was an "old lady car." I bought it to celebrate graduation a year ago and the only thing that bugs me about the car is that it is not really comfy on road trips.

Console clock, removable rear seats, satellite radio

MORE COMFY SEATS!!!!!!! Make it a hybrid for less gas usage.