Used 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Turbo? no way!
By Viviana

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first pt a brand new 2002, loved my car, had it for 7 years only two problems with it and we solved it fast,Now I have a new 2008 turbo and it has been at the dealership about 12 times, they cant find nothing wrong with it, they said its all normal, but it feels that you are riding on a tractor at the farm.gas milage is so poor,tire ligh on, the ratleling noise it makes, the squeaks andthe power seat handle broke off. Iam so upset that this pt is so sad!give me my 2002 back. Whats wrong with the people at the dealership?

Favorite Features

roomy,the color (red)

Suggested Improvements

check the turbo.

Why Do We Have Two Of These?
By Glen Miller

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

W.P. Chrysler Special Edition. Interior room less than 2002 model. Water pump and transmission solenoid block (machined casting) both replaced under warranty by dealership at No Charge. No gas mileage. No performance from 4 cylinder engine. My extended-cab pickup truck turns a tighter radius than these cars. The end cannot come too soon for these cars.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Start over

don't even
By Stinks

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Poor turning radius, under powered, stiff handling, inadequate braking, over all a loser.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Drop from product line.

Boring, boring, boring
By JW

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Looks good from the outside, but by 2008 is getting dated. The dashboard is sleek, but made of a very cheap plastic. The seats are not comfortable in the slightest for long drives. They are not contoured to the body at all. Not much storage capacity despite being a wagon. The power is pitiful in town and for the highway.

Yet again
By Chelsea

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Welll I worte the previous comment and I am having to write one again! I bought this car brand new on January 1, 2008 and it is December 31,2008! I drove it all day long, then when I went to drive home I turned my car on and the check engine light came on! Are you serious right now? I am trying to drive and my car isn't accelerating! Then it started to, then it jumped then it was just reving at 4rpm!! It isn't switching gears! So over this! This car must be a lemon! It's going back to the dealer on Friday! I don't even want a replacement I just want a different make & model! No more Chryslers for me! For real this time!