2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
Turbo? no way!
By Viviana on 10/03/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first pt a brand new 2002, loved my car, had it for 7 years only two problems with it and we solved it fast,Now I have a new 2008 turbo and it has been at the dealership about 12 times, they cant find nothing wrong with it, they said its all normal, but it feels that you are riding on a tractor at the farm.gas milage is so poor,tire ligh on, the ratleling noise it makes, the squeaks andthe power seat handle broke off. Iam so upset that this pt is so sad!give me my 2002 back. Whats wrong with the people at the dealership?

mondays car
By sandy on 08/26/09 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 1st pt was a 2002 5 speed loved the car after 124,000 mi I felt I should get another. I have been to the dealer to many times. I bought a used 2008 with 12,000 mi. After 2 mo. And 3, ooo mi the car died on a 4 lane road. Alternator needed to be replaced. 2 moths later a wire came loose need to be replaced. Just picked it up from the dealership and now the speedometer is not working. Gotta go back again. I do not trust this car anymore. I loved the 2002. Hate this car. I am afraid to go on a long trip.

Just the Ticket for Mom
By momswagon on 06/28/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 PT Cruiser wagon base model used with 15K miles on it. It had been used as a rental car. Very clean and still looked new. The engine light was on when I bought it, but it was all under warranty so I took it to the dealership and they fixed it right up. I added window tint later. It's been great around town for me,the kids and all of our stuff - we're a busy family and I really enjoy the roominess of the cargo area. For the dog, I can fold the back seats up for even more room. The only drawback is the surprising low gas mileage for the base engine, because it's not quick. We have to use the a/c all the time (which works great), so that's even more engine drag!

Fun, fun, fun!
By Jeeta on 04/22/09 15:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I have always wanted a PT Cruiser, now I have one! I can't explain 'why' it is so much fun to drive, but it truely is. It is more than I expected. The exterior is beautiful, There is nothing I would change. It is comfortable and very roomy on the inside. I think the dash does not equal the rest of the car, its cheap looking. I'm planning on purchasing the wood dash kit (it sounds easy to install...we'll see). I did purchase 'the goddess' hood ornament and it always stops people in thier tracks, they love it. I love my cruiser, her name is Maxine.

Cruiser--my first new car!!!!
By Elizabeth on 04/02/09 12:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car! I love my car, although some people said it was an "old lady car." I bought it to celebrate graduation a year ago and the only thing that bugs me about the car is that it is not really comfy on road trips.

disappointed good lookin car
By rosa rector on 03/18/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

i bought a2008 car in june 2008.i always wanted a pt cruiser,finally got one.beautiful looking car,hear lots of road noise on drivers side.taken car back to dealer several times,they say they cant hear anything.taken again was told this was normal ride for pt cruiser.front end out of align when got car,was told this was a normal ride for pt cruiser.sound like my window is down all the timeand i cant take my eyes off the road.very disappointing.was out of oil,oil light never came on.good thing is get good gas mileage.gas pedal now squeaks.wiil not buy another.my daughter refuses to drive because she is afraid of too many problems

Looks nice, runs great, but
By aggie on 01/09/09 18:20 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car runs great, handles well, nice and roomy. There is a squeaking noise going over bumps that sounds like it hasn't been lubed. I like it very much. It's versatle and fun to drive. Makes you want to get in it and go cruising except I can't because the headlights randomly flicker. This ranges from mild to severe with severe being when the dash lights flicker too and then they both blip out and then back on again. I've had it to two different dealers who can't find a thing wrong wth it so I guess it must be posessed. I wouldn't buy another one of these. I hope someone can finally fix it so I can enjoy it without worry.

Yet again
By Chelsea on 12/31/08 18:59 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Welll I worte the previous comment and I am having to write one again! I bought this car brand new on January 1, 2008 and it is December 31,2008! I drove it all day long, then when I went to drive home I turned my car on and the check engine light came on! Are you serious right now? I am trying to drive and my car isn't accelerating! Then it started to, then it jumped then it was just reving at 4rpm!! It isn't switching gears! So over this! This car must be a lemon! It's going back to the dealer on Friday! I don't even want a replacement I just want a different make & model! No more Chryslers for me! For real this time!

So over Chrysler!
By Chelsea on 11/23/08 07:08 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved driving my used 2001 Limited Edition PT Crusier but was having some problems with it come 2007 so I decided it was time for a new one..despite the previous problems I had, I figured buying a brand new one I wouldn't have any problems, so I purchased a brand new Cruiser on January 1, 2008. Do you think it's been a joy? Not one bit! I have had nothing but problems since day one! It has been in for balancing over 3 times, the tires have been indexed multiple times, and now it squeaks when I go over anything that makes the car bouce. It's so annoying! Body creaks shouldn't be happening on a less then one year old car! I am over my car and will never buy a Chrysler again!

Cruising in my Cruiser
By River Cruiser on 11/20/08 12:41 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The first thing I noticed was my absence from the gas station. Fun to drive with lots of room. Like the power driver's seat and the power sun roof. The rear seats being able to remove completely is really a good idea. Stereo has great sound. Lots of power for me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.