Used 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Stylish
By jtorlando

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle while not offering endless amenities or perfect fuel mileage still stands out in the endless congested highways crowded with boring subcompact cars that blend together in a monotonous never ending parade of mediocrity. This car still "pops"..never will there be any mistake of what kind of car is sitting next to you at the red light. The ride quality seems to be decent...very little harshness from wind noise or uneven road surfaces. The interior always evokes positive responses from any passengers that have been in my car...it has this..symmetrical (obviously retro) quality to it. The dash is more style and gloss than most other cars. It's about style not performance in this car.

Stylish. Glossy. Symmetrical. Spacious. Quiet. Smooth ride. Stands out. "Cute" factor.

Better mileage. Quieter AC.

Wheel Bearings @ 60k
By Bob

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have to replace both front wheel bearings & rotors @60k! $700+. Never had to do this on any car I've owned. Can't find the horn to repair it, weird. Otherwise car is alright for basic transportation. Hopefully no more expensive repairs.

the overheating PT CRUISER
By PAUL WILLIAMS`

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2008 pt cruiser what a nightmare, bushings go every single year they went 3 times in 2 years. Also overheats when in idle a lot the dealership tells me its the engine cooling fan module thank god I bought the extended warranty on it. The module cost over 400 dollars plus labor. Not my favorite car but it heats well in the winter. Gas mileage is very poor for some reason it's only a 4 cylinder car it shouldn't be that poor at all.

The car needs a better suspension and better gas mileage it does not get 26 miles to the gallon maybe 10 no exaggeration it's really bad

Love it, love it, love it!
By pkkitty

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I both have a 2008 PT Cruiser. Mine is Cool Vanilla and his is Blue. Being retired we wanted something that was dependable and comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of and I sit higher than my Chrysler LeBaron that I owned before. I just heard they are being discontinued this month and was hoping to purchase another PT Cruiser in 2012 but now that won't be happening. Sorry to hear this!

The overall look of the outside. Love the hatchback and the fold down seats and also that the back seats come out if needed.

How can you improve on perfection!

Why Do We Have Two Of These?
By Glen Miller

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

W.P. Chrysler Special Edition. Interior room less than 2002 model. Water pump and transmission solenoid block (machined casting) both replaced under warranty by dealership at No Charge. No gas mileage. No performance from 4 cylinder engine. My extended-cab pickup truck turns a tighter radius than these cars. The end cannot come too soon for these cars.

None