2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
Stylish
By jtorlando on 01/07/12 10:22 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle while not offering endless amenities or perfect fuel mileage still stands out in the endless congested highways crowded with boring subcompact cars that blend together in a monotonous never ending parade of mediocrity. This car still "pops"..never will there be any mistake of what kind of car is sitting next to you at the red light. The ride quality seems to be decent...very little harshness from wind noise or uneven road surfaces. The interior always evokes positive responses from any passengers that have been in my car...it has this..symmetrical (obviously retro) quality to it. The dash is more style and gloss than most other cars. It's about style not performance in this car.

Wheel Bearings @ 60k
By Bob on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have to replace both front wheel bearings & rotors @60k! $700+. Never had to do this on any car I've owned. Can't find the horn to repair it, weird. Otherwise car is alright for basic transportation. Hopefully no more expensive repairs.

the overheating PT CRUISER
By PAUL WILLIAMS` on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2008 pt cruiser what a nightmare, bushings go every single year they went 3 times in 2 years. Also overheats when in idle a lot the dealership tells me its the engine cooling fan module thank god I bought the extended warranty on it. The module cost over 400 dollars plus labor. Not my favorite car but it heats well in the winter. Gas mileage is very poor for some reason it's only a 4 cylinder car it shouldn't be that poor at all.

Love it, love it, love it!
By pkkitty on 07/17/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I both have a 2008 PT Cruiser. Mine is Cool Vanilla and his is Blue. Being retired we wanted something that was dependable and comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of and I sit higher than my Chrysler LeBaron that I owned before. I just heard they are being discontinued this month and was hoping to purchase another PT Cruiser in 2012 but now that won't be happening. Sorry to hear this!

Why Do We Have Two Of These?
By Glen Miller on 07/09/10 08:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

W.P. Chrysler Special Edition. Interior room less than 2002 model. Water pump and transmission solenoid block (machined casting) both replaced under warranty by dealership at No Charge. No gas mileage. No performance from 4 cylinder engine. My extended-cab pickup truck turns a tighter radius than these cars. The end cannot come too soon for these cars.

Buy best yet from chryler
By chrysler pt cruiser on 07/07/10 06:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been buying Chrysler all my life yes since I could drive. My dad was a master mechanic. This car is my best all over yet. Riding and just home running, i am disabled and it really helps me with the lumber adj. In the seat on the driver's side, and have all electric is a big help too. The size I love is, brings me back too the 1970s. My only sad thing is that chryslers busy is going out the door. My place that I bought my cars for 30 years and fix them. Have no longer been able to keep what they had. Dont know all the notes but, this is a sad issue for me I don't want to buy any other vehicle. Bring back Chrysler.

Excellent Value
By jbcrzn on 06/21/10 14:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I understand that value has different meanings to different people, but the space utility, design, quality of vehicle, and comfort is unparalleled for the money. I bought mine slightly used (it has 1800 miles on it in the same model year) and I use it as my daily driver as well as for many of my family's long trips and it handles the interstate and in-town driving well. The seats fit me well, though, they are smaller than some, and there is plenty of leg and head room for my 6'2" frame. If I had to replace it tomorrow, I would try to replace it with another PT.

My Beatles-Mobile
By sgtpepper33 on 01/06/10 07:47 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for my sweet 16, and I love it! So fun to drive, a great starter car. Everyone told me that Pt Cruisers were for old people, but its surf blue color makes it very chic. Great to drive for long amounts of time and listen The Beatles in. :)

wife's PT
By big baby on 10/18/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Wife's old Jag died and we wanted to replace it with a SUV/CUV. Found this PT on line with only 16K miles at $10.6K. Also it's the Touring model which includes a nicer interior and more standard content including nice alloys. I think it's a bit slow and I wish the gas mileage was better, but she's happy with it and so far it's been reliable. If the wife's happy everyone is happy.

Turbo? no way!
By Viviana on 10/03/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first pt a brand new 2002, loved my car, had it for 7 years only two problems with it and we solved it fast,Now I have a new 2008 turbo and it has been at the dealership about 12 times, they cant find nothing wrong with it, they said its all normal, but it feels that you are riding on a tractor at the farm.gas milage is so poor,tire ligh on, the ratleling noise it makes, the squeaks andthe power seat handle broke off. Iam so upset that this pt is so sad!give me my 2002 back. Whats wrong with the people at the dealership?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.