2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
Love it, love it, love it!
By pkkitty on 07/17/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I both have a 2008 PT Cruiser. Mine is Cool Vanilla and his is Blue. Being retired we wanted something that was dependable and comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of and I sit higher than my Chrysler LeBaron that I owned before. I just heard they are being discontinued this month and was hoping to purchase another PT Cruiser in 2012 but now that won't be happening. Sorry to hear this!

Buy best yet from chryler
By chrysler pt cruiser on 07/07/10 06:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been buying Chrysler all my life yes since I could drive. My dad was a master mechanic. This car is my best all over yet. Riding and just home running, i am disabled and it really helps me with the lumber adj. In the seat on the driver's side, and have all electric is a big help too. The size I love is, brings me back too the 1970s. My only sad thing is that chryslers busy is going out the door. My place that I bought my cars for 30 years and fix them. Have no longer been able to keep what they had. Dont know all the notes but, this is a sad issue for me I don't want to buy any other vehicle. Bring back Chrysler.

Excellent Value
By jbcrzn on 06/21/10 14:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I understand that value has different meanings to different people, but the space utility, design, quality of vehicle, and comfort is unparalleled for the money. I bought mine slightly used (it has 1800 miles on it in the same model year) and I use it as my daily driver as well as for many of my family's long trips and it handles the interstate and in-town driving well. The seats fit me well, though, they are smaller than some, and there is plenty of leg and head room for my 6'2" frame. If I had to replace it tomorrow, I would try to replace it with another PT.

My Beatles-Mobile
By sgtpepper33 on 01/06/10 07:47 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for my sweet 16, and I love it! So fun to drive, a great starter car. Everyone told me that Pt Cruisers were for old people, but its surf blue color makes it very chic. Great to drive for long amounts of time and listen The Beatles in. :)

Turbo? no way!
By Viviana on 10/03/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first pt a brand new 2002, loved my car, had it for 7 years only two problems with it and we solved it fast,Now I have a new 2008 turbo and it has been at the dealership about 12 times, they cant find nothing wrong with it, they said its all normal, but it feels that you are riding on a tractor at the farm.gas milage is so poor,tire ligh on, the ratleling noise it makes, the squeaks andthe power seat handle broke off. Iam so upset that this pt is so sad!give me my 2002 back. Whats wrong with the people at the dealership?

Just the Ticket for Mom
By momswagon on 06/28/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 PT Cruiser wagon base model used with 15K miles on it. It had been used as a rental car. Very clean and still looked new. The engine light was on when I bought it, but it was all under warranty so I took it to the dealership and they fixed it right up. I added window tint later. It's been great around town for me,the kids and all of our stuff - we're a busy family and I really enjoy the roominess of the cargo area. For the dog, I can fold the back seats up for even more room. The only drawback is the surprising low gas mileage for the base engine, because it's not quick. We have to use the a/c all the time (which works great), so that's even more engine drag!

Cruiser--my first new car!!!!
By Elizabeth on 04/02/09 12:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car! I love my car, although some people said it was an "old lady car." I bought it to celebrate graduation a year ago and the only thing that bugs me about the car is that it is not really comfy on road trips.

Yet again
By Chelsea on 12/31/08 18:59 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Welll I worte the previous comment and I am having to write one again! I bought this car brand new on January 1, 2008 and it is December 31,2008! I drove it all day long, then when I went to drive home I turned my car on and the check engine light came on! Are you serious right now? I am trying to drive and my car isn't accelerating! Then it started to, then it jumped then it was just reving at 4rpm!! It isn't switching gears! So over this! This car must be a lemon! It's going back to the dealer on Friday! I don't even want a replacement I just want a different make & model! No more Chryslers for me! For real this time!

So over Chrysler!
By Chelsea on 11/23/08 07:08 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved driving my used 2001 Limited Edition PT Crusier but was having some problems with it come 2007 so I decided it was time for a new one..despite the previous problems I had, I figured buying a brand new one I wouldn't have any problems, so I purchased a brand new Cruiser on January 1, 2008. Do you think it's been a joy? Not one bit! I have had nothing but problems since day one! It has been in for balancing over 3 times, the tires have been indexed multiple times, and now it squeaks when I go over anything that makes the car bouce. It's so annoying! Body creaks shouldn't be happening on a less then one year old car! I am over my car and will never buy a Chrysler again!

sunset edition
By sunset edition on 08/14/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I've always wanted one and always let my now teenage daughter talk me out of; she left for college & I got my car (Sunset Edition) the color is great and the chrome really sets it off. I do wish the interior plastic molding was better matched and I REALLY miss my cruise control but this car is great. I've got a 2 yr old and with this car she can see out from her car seat, with my cobalt my 7 yr old nephew couldn't see out. To me the seats are more like the truck I used to drive than a car & I love the way the seats fold and remove; comes in handy with our frequent auctions and yard sales! In ending this one was worth waiting for. I love the dash board clock & emblems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.