Used 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

By Bharath

2008 PTCruiser
By DSchmidt

Milage on mine is 70,000. So far
Pros: Stick shift has great pick up and very fun to drive. After8 yrs of driving this car, the seats are still super confortable and offer plenty of back support. The back seats are very simple to remove so I can haul an amazing amount of stuff. My gas milage seemed to improve substantially after I broke in the engine over time. I've gotten as high as 26mpg hwy and as low as 19. I thought this car was a tin can in the beginning and considered it to be a temporary car for me, but to my surprize...it's really held up pretty well for such an inexpensive car.

Cons: I've had to replace the cam shaft, hub bearings, clutch, now the airconditioning compressor is making noise. They tell me the timing belt is next to go. I suppose this is all normal wear and tear?

Love it, love it, love it!
By pkkitty

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I both have a 2008 PT Cruiser. Mine is Cool Vanilla and his is Blue. Being retired we wanted something that was dependable and comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of and I sit higher than my Chrysler LeBaron that I owned before. I just heard they are being discontinued this month and was hoping to purchase another PT Cruiser in 2012 but now that won't be happening. Sorry to hear this!

The overall look of the outside. Love the hatchback and the fold down seats and also that the back seats come out if needed.

How can you improve on perfection!

Buy best yet from chryler
By chrysler pt cruiser

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been buying Chrysler all my life yes since I could drive. My dad was a master mechanic. This car is my best all over yet. Riding and just home running, i am disabled and it really helps me with the lumber adj. In the seat on the driver's side, and have all electric is a big help too. The size I love is, brings me back too the 1970s. My only sad thing is that chryslers busy is going out the door. My place that I bought my cars for 30 years and fix them. Have no longer been able to keep what they had. Dont know all the notes but, this is a sad issue for me I don't want to buy any other vehicle. Bring back Chrysler.

My color of the car all around red. And the first ride.

Getting into the pt for the first time, an ah moment.

Excellent Value
By jbcrzn

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I understand that value has different meanings to different people, but the space utility, design, quality of vehicle, and comfort is unparalleled for the money. I bought mine slightly used (it has 1800 miles on it in the same model year) and I use it as my daily driver as well as for many of my family's long trips and it handles the interstate and in-town driving well. The seats fit me well, though, they are smaller than some, and there is plenty of leg and head room for my 6'2" frame. If I had to replace it tomorrow, I would try to replace it with another PT.

Cargo flexibility. I have used the cargo bay with many different seat configurations. We were able to easily fit a diaper changing table in the back with the seats tumbled forward. Flexibility is excellent.

I wish there was a little better gas mileage, but I will give that up for a better feeling vehicle, as it feels more solid to me than others.