2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Review: Nothing but problems

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Review

Touring Wagon (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Nothing but problems
By sexysloth on

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the worst cars I've ever owned or driven. It gets very poor gas mileage and the acceleration is extremely poor. If even a drop of water get on the seats, it leaves a watermark you'll never be able to get out. The dashboard is poorly laid out and I personally hate the circular design of the dash. The check engine light went on and off intermittently for a year, mechanics had no idea what was wrong with it. Whenever anyone sat in the passenger seat, the airbag light dinged loudly every 5 minutes. The car shook violently when idling or over 45-50mph. At 60k miles, the engine was completely shot. We ended up trading it in to a dealership at an extremely low price for a Ford.

None.

Shoddy mechanics on this vehicle. Zero reliability. Needs improved gas mileage.
By yolibabe
on 10/05/14 21:28 PM (PDT)

I have a 2007 PT Cruiser and I totally agree with you. I had problems with the violent shaking, oil leaks, air conditioning, gasket, inner motor defect from company. I have paid so much in repairs and the problem is still there. I need more people to actually make a report to Chrysler because they are putting the excuse that there are no recalls. This all due to the PT owners not making an official report. We need to stand up to the company. They are ripping people off and not caring for the consumer. It is not fair that they built a bad PT cruiser in 2007 and other years that I have read about. If you are willing to make the report just call the Chrysler main office. If we get enough reports we can get some refunds of the money spent in repairs etc. Please post this in other forums. The more people we get the better the odds of getting Chrysler to stand behind there mess! Thanks for the support! [contact info removed]