I will not buy Chrysler products anymore
By uncleralph on
2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
They might be a decent car when new, but will start to nickle and dime you later. This could have been a great car if Chrysler had put some effort into making inprovements over the years. We own a 06' convertible and a 07 touring sedan. Everytime you turn around it seems you are replacing the front brakes. My wifes 06' a/c went out at 60,000 miles. Comp. locked up. It has a power steering leak since new. Fuel mileage is poor at best. My 07' has had the airbag light on for a year now. My a/c is acting up and will cause the car to jerk or load up at idol. My radiator is starting to leak. I have heard they last 3-4 years. I like the styling and the removable seats. I would not buy!
Favorite Features
Removable seats. Styling. Body seems sturdy. Convertible top nice quality.
Suggested Improvements
Too manyimprovments to list. Drivetrain too cheaply made. Maybe that's why they dropped them. In general, ask any mechanic-they won't recommend Chrysler products. I have owned my last one.
By ptlover45
on 02/10/13 14:01 PM (PST)

I have owned an 02 and an 07 PT Cruiser base ( 5spd and AT) drove them a total of 58K miles. 02 had 44K on it when traded on the 07 and the brakes were still good. Gas mileage on both was 18 town and 35 highway. Judging from your poor mileage and frequent brake replacement, they are driven hard!! I drove my two PT's for a combined 7 years , well past the 3-4 years lifespan you claim.