2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
Nice, sporty and fun car
By CA Paul on 07/25/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had this PTC for about 2 mos. It was a previously owned rental vehicle and was in very good condition (in and out). It rides smoothly, has a nice road feel and get around 25 mpg (overall). It's not a very economical city driver (below 20 mpg) but most folks (like me) use primarily highway. I get people commenting about it all the time. They/I like the styling (the convertible looks much nicer than the sedan), the color (opal) and the fact that is can seat passengers in the back-seat with reasonable comfort. The trunk is a bit small but slightly above average, for a convertible. The 16" alloy wheels are sharp (but I will soon replace the Goodyear tires - which are awful).

Water stains seats!
By psupanda on 07/22/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Weirdest thing EVER. If a drop of water gets on the seats it leaves a watermark. I've had my car for only a few months and the interior looks terrible. I tried to clean it, and that only made it worse. Wherever the cleaner went it left a watermark stain.

Very Surprised on the Cruiser
By Keith on 07/04/08 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Needed to get a FWD car for towing behind my RV and thought to offset GAS with a smaller car. Being a Big Guy was shocked at the room or lack of it in some of these small cars, had to be designed by the same guy who come up with Airplane seats! Got in the PT Cruiser. Liked it at once. Great comfort, smooth ride, okay maybe not the best gas mileage, but all things considered, now wished I got one with more Bells & Whistles. I think the next one will be.

Great Car
By Robert on 06/30/08 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car for a cheap commuter. Only car I could find new for under twelve thousand that fit my needs. Has worked great for the job at a smooth 30 mpg average. Plus only car with a lifetime powertrain warranty. Would buy another one without hesitation.

So far so good
By BTKA on 05/01/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought our cruiser and have gotten decent mileage. We are getting 23 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the hwy. We traded in a trailblazer that I loved, in return for better gas mileage. For the price, we really got a good deal. Just as much seat room, little less in storage, but none the less way better on gas. We were skeptical of the "hearse looking car" at first, but loved this inside so much we bought it. Talked to another gentleman with a cruiser that had 78,000 mi on it and never had one problem. Looking forward to many more miles and less gas. Great buy.

Love our PTs!!!
By LV on 04/30/08 20:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought 2 PTs in March '08-a Limited Edition for Mom and a Pacific Coast Highway Edition for our teenager. We both love our new cars! Best feature is the utility of the vehicle--love all the options in the back-absolutely perfect for beach trips, groceries and softball equipment. We have actually gained on the Mpg as we "broke-in" the cars (both were brand new at purchase). We love the retro styling, pick-up is just fine; SO FUN TO DRIVE! So much better than those sedans!! Enjoy your ride and long live the PT!!

Could be worse
By huntinchic on 04/14/08 18:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have read many previous reviews on the 07 Cruiser, some have been calling this vehicle a "Compact Car" and them complaining about the mileage. I have to say that I have the basic model with no cruise control and I get 21 MPG city and that a site better than the 12 MPG I was getting in my 4X4 pickup. It handles great, corner tight. I love my PT Cruiser! My suggestion is, if you think this is a compact car, think again before you buy. PT's are small type SUV's and wagons, the little convertible may be classified as a car but the others are not.

Excellent Car
By Doug in Florida on 03/31/08 10:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I can't say enough good things about the PT Cruiser. I drive an '04, and we were so happy with it we purchased my wife an '07. The car is excellent, a great tradeoff of comfort, utility and economy. The fold down seats and interior room allow us to carry just about anything we need. I purchased an 8' countertop at Home depot, folded down the seats pushed the countertop in and closed the hatch. Mileage not the greatest, but still good. My wife and I both get about 24 city and 30 - 31 highway. My 04 has 98,500 miles and has been trouble free. Daughter's boyfriend just purchased an 08 PT based on what he saw with ours.

LOVE IT
By IGGYPOP on 03/29/08 09:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2007 touring, mars blue color with 23k miles on it (was a rental car), rides great, inside pretty comfy, love the blue dash, fun as heck to drive, 2.4L has good pickup, wish glove compartment locked and had the chilling feature like the Caliber, my gas w/local driving is 14.6-14.9 with no change in 1 month so that is terrible. My dad would have loved the 50's feel!!

Going Home in Style
By RetroMan on 03/25/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was hooked on the style of the PT even before it came out so I guess I was pre-sold. But it took me 6 years to get one since I needed the size my old Mopar van had. Now I have my PT and I love it! Sure, it's a base sedan with just an automatic and A/C but it has all the toys I need and corners sharp and my teen-age grandson thinks its "cool". I'm a "husky" six-footer who finds the headroom generous and the legroom more than adequate and can reach all the window/stereo/HVAC controls without stretching. Gripes? Well, it could get better mileage but it weighs 3100 lbs (a Z-06 Vette is only 700lbs more!). It reminds me of my old PV544 Volvo: same handy size, same old-time looks, same swagger!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.