Used 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Love it with 2 exceptions
By Wayne

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it for looks and cheap transportation. Satisfied with looks and roominess, not with gas mileage. Averaged 27 on a 2100 mile trip, expected much better from a 4 cyl. Also, the horn sticks. Had it repaired while under warranty. Lasted about 3 months - still sticks. Reading other reviews, seems like a inherent problem, but I'll live with it. All things considered, yeah, I'd buy another one.

Exterior looks, roomy interior.

Better gas mileage. After all, it IS a 4 cylinder.

Absolutely Love It!
By Kathy

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for one year now and still love it! All the past cars I drove were either Toyota or Honda. I suddenly needed a vehicle last year and was not prepared to spend much. I love the comfort of the interior seating and the car handles beautifully. Gas mileage 19-21 mpg, definitely limited power but I don't mind. Other posts are correct, the seats stain easily and the horn can stick. Rides more like an old fashion truck than a luxury vehicle. Loads of fun! I feel like I'm driving to the beach every time I'm in it.

Exterior Look Comfortable Seating Roomy Trunk Handles Well Old Fashion Interior Look Lighting both inside and out Convertible top raises/lowers fast

Improved Upholstery Horn needs improvement so it wont stick

Nice car, but...
By wiscman

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car. Comfortable, with high seating. Aligning the mirrors is important since there are some potential blind spots. Gas mileage poor. This fairly light weight wagon only gets about 22 - 24 mpg on long drives. My 1995 explorer with 275,000 miles got the same. City mileage is far better, however. Highway ride is a bit noisy, but not objectionable. Sporty maneuvering is not in the car's job description. My explorer again could hold a tight curve much better, and the turning radius was tighter. However, the car looks cool, with nice amenities. For replacement, I will be looking at the Kia soul or forte, or the Hyundai elantra touring.

When the rear shelf is in the lower position, the rear seats fold to the same level. Most wagons can do this, but the front passenger seat also folds to the same position; this makes putting long items into the car very easy.

When the ignition is turned off, the air conditioner resets itself to allow the outside air to come in. I always have to reset the recirculation button. Also, the cruise control resets to "off."

Engine Problems leaking oil
By Harv

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Last Year I saw oil in my drive way, took the vehicle to a repair shop they found a leak at the crankshaft front seal. It was replaced and a week later it happened again. Chrysler was notified and they stated that this was a service problem and I would have to have it repaired at my expense (I had insurance to cover it) and it happened again and the insurance Company replaced the Engine. With further investigation we found out that other vehicles with the same engine have had these problems (Sebring/Stratus Sedan & convertibles, and some Caravans caseK93016699).The car now runs good. This was with 44,000 miles worst vehicle ever owned.

nice looking vehicle

better gas mileage

OK for what I paid for it.
By Rwiggler

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this one used with low mileage. It has been ok transportation but has had several costly repairs including AC fan at 40,000, fuel injectors at 40,000. We all know about the lack luster gas mileage and performance. It is roomy though and what do you want for $11,000.

Roomy interior

Reliability. Has never broken down, but has needed several costly repairs. Interior stains too easily.

• SUV