2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
OK vehicle....
By PTCMan on 01/18/10 14:08 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Does all the base-line things you'd expect from a vehicle like this. Over and above that, it does seat 4 people comfortably, it has ample trunk space and it looks nice. It is not an economical vehicle. Bet on around 21mpg/overall (terrible for a 4- banger). With the auto, the engine is sluggish. It has been fairly reliable. Most issues were covered under the manufacturer's warranty and they were mostly minor (except for the CD- player, which just stopped accepting CD's and the battery going dead at 33K miles). The CD-player was replaced (w/a refurbed one). The battery was replaced (the tech told me, Chrysler refurbs all their batteries and then resells them as new in new cars?????)

Lovin the Cruiser
By crazyc on 01/15/10 16:05 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutley love this car. I have always drove Chev and honestly bought this car only because of the price. I bought it as a lease back. I never liked the exterior of the Cruiser and thought they were a "dime a dozen" car. There is a very good reason that you see so many on the roads.....they rock!!! Killer car, I'm driving this thing til it explodes or I die, which ever comes first.

Mileage could be better
By Atum on 01/08/10 08:11 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my cruiser in May 2007 when I transferred form NYC to Ft Lauderdale after I had rented one for my interview and I loved the way it handled and the mileage wasn't bad but it was not as good as other cars of the same category which is a shame considering that this car is really cool looking and handles extremely well. I did not have to change brake pads until I hit 30000 miles in 2010 but then again changing brakes has a lot to do with ones driving not the pads themselves and that's considering I'm a bit of a speed demon :)

It's got Giddyup
By VMP on 12/31/09 17:29 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Although the gas mileage is low, this snappy wagon has kick. It rapidly accelerates from a dead stop, something that is crucial in L.A. traffic. I have actually beaten a Porche in accelerating from a dead stop...my car was first to overtake the other..but then, of course, the Porche overtook me pretty soon thereafer, even though we both started at the same time. No joke or embellishment. I was astonished...and proud of my bulbous wagon: The Vanilla Bomber.

I Love This Car!!!
By Mike on 12/21/09 08:30 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2006 Chrysler Sebring that was hit and totaled by a drunk driver. I needed a new car, so I decided on a PT Cruiser. I have the Touring Edition with a 5-speed manual, and I love it. Even though it has the 4-cylinder engine, it will get up and go fast. Love the space, and love the dashboard design. Gas mileage could be better, but that's more me than the car. I also love the color, Opal Metallic. Overall, the car is a great ride and versatile too!

Second Time Not As Good
By Second time Around on 11/04/09 11:52 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second PT. The first was an 02. Both were five speed and got surprisingly good mileage-22/28. While I like the keyless entry on the 07 but the reliability has not been as good as the 02: I have replaced the AC fan (28000), THE CLUTCH (29000), and the control arms (31000). When I traded the 02 in on the 07 it had 73000 miles and the only thing I replaced were wheel bearings. The 5 speed is fun to drive addition to providing better acceleration-a common complaint-and better mpg.

Not too sure
By Kim S on 09/25/09 11:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very upset with this purchase. Have only had a few months and my engine light is on. Today as I drove it, it started bucking, wouldn't go over 30 mph. I've read many reviews today about this being a common problem. (another site). The dealer can't get me in today, so I'm SOL. I am paying quite a bit for this car, and having it for such a short amount of time and this is wrong. Not happy.

Still goin!
By rawhite on 08/13/09 21:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Presently I have 83,000 miles on my PT Cruiser. I've only had to replace brakes once, tires once and of course numerous oil changes!!! I do a lot of highway driving and get decent mileage, about 25/mpg. Its a joy to drive!

Pain in the Butt
By unhappy in GA on 08/09/09 11:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for a franchise that I later sold but kept the car. At 20K miles it needed new brake pads & rotors and again at 40K miles!! The A/C compressor died at 30K. Now, the check engine light is coming on and it is driving very rough. There is only 40K miles on this car, folks! I would never have bought a Chrysler if it was not the car of choice for the franchise I owned at the time and will NEVER buy one again.

My experience with the '07 PT Cruiser
By Daniel on 04/30/09 06:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '07Cruiser touring edition in '07 and like many features of this car including: the old style look of a 1940's car, the dash board features (outside temp., compass, avg. mi. per gal., mi. till empty..etc.), good cd player, good ac and heat, unique "handle bar" on passenger side, well thought out middle console with 3 cup holders and middle storage with sliding arm rest, smooth ride, good brakes and easy gas pedal, back seats fold down and can come out for plenty of cargo room, stylish interior of textured material. Feels more upscale than you actually pay for it. I recommend this car to those who appreciate old style of cars & who want something that looks nice w/o paying alot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.