Used 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

used and nothing but issues
By nicoleo

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

this is my very first car. ive had it since October for my birthday. nothing but problems the thing leaks oil like no tomorrow breaks had to be changed a week or so after I got it while changing the breaks my dad noticed that the outside tire rods where hanging on by a thread that scared me quite a bit. the acceleration sucks! in Canada gas is cheap like 90cents a L so it takes about $25 to fill it from just under half. driving to school there and back is 30 ish km and 30 to the city cant wait to get rid of it!

the look is nice but car sucks

get rid of it

What Was I Thinking
By ddust

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Biggest mistake of my life.....and that includes 2 ex wives.
My 1973, lime green Chevy Pinto was better than this car.

Only looked good when I was drunk

Pull all these cars off the road. Just looking at them is considered abuse

Worst mistake I ever made, don't buy one!
By 4x4thewin

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I babied my PT Cruiser, but once it hit 90k miles it all went down hill. Routine service like starter, alternator, brakes is all to be expected but it didn't seem to matter how much I put into it mechanically, every few months a new problem would arise. At 120k it started pouring oil out, had a blown head gasket. Kelley Blue Book value was less than an engine rebuild, so I cut my losses and donated it as is. If your thinking of getting one, don't. I wouldn't take one for free!

Only good thing was having a 4 cylinder for great mpg. They feel stiff to drive, no room for car seats or groceries. Both back door locks broke, I had one door stuck shut and the other didn't want to stay closed. Base model felt like a car from the 80's, no options at all. You live and you learn, just so happy its gone!

Don't ever put it back into production.

I am glad Chrysler folded, they deserved it
By gbw123

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the biggest piece of junk ever built. I bought it for a college student with a long commute for semester breaks. Everything that could go wrong with this car did. Brakes, calipers, air conditioning, radiator, electrical, engine leaks, engine light coming on, heavy vibrations when idling. I have to believe this vehicle was built as a bad joke. Someone at the head of the old Chrysler must have had an inept kid they gave a job to and they designed this car. The value dropped by 80% in one year. The only positive thing about this vehicle is the amount of interior space. We can fit a lot of stuff. Gas mileage is also pathetic. Shame on you old Chrysler. Your car is a disgrace

interior room is the only positive things about this car.

Start over. There is nothing in this car that is even worth improving. After replacing radiators, calipers, multiple brake pads, CV boots and many other repairs, we will live with the oil leak that would cost more to repair than the car is worth on a trade. I hope Fiat has more respect for the American consumer and eliminates anyone involved in the building, marketing and selling of this car to the American public.

biggest mistake ever
By nhmom73

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I hate to write this, because I am about to make yet another
repair in the 1k range. And want to get it off my hands very soon after. I bought mine with 14k on the engine for 14k. Have had so many problems I would need a website to list. Knock on wood, the only thing I have not replaced is the transmission. At 32k I had to replace all 4 cylinders. Was very upset that Chrysler would not help with the repair. It was a manufacture issue as they were never correct. They offered free parts if I used a dealership, but that would have cost me more than my mechanic. Then 3 crank shaft sensors...need to bring it in now to find why the 3rd has found... It shakes at 50 and above on the rd...problems

Easy to tow????

I could go on and on., =(