2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
The whole truth and nothing but...
By susieqt on 12/21/11 12:46 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok so here is the truth about my 2007 convertible pt cruiser base model black. I bought the car brand new in 2007 and just recently traded it for a Nissan Maxima ONLY because my family complained we needed more space. I loved the car and wish I could have kept it too! pros: fun, cute, no mechanical issues ever cons: not much room inside, bad on gas.. i did have a tear in my carpet which is odd it was barely driven... and my visor broke off one morning just simply opening it, guess the plastic was cold. For the price its an fantastic little car! I bought it at 27 years old and was so much fun. Now it was to hold my son and husband... just not enuff space.. but I will miss the "turtle"

Reliable Transportation with Comfort
By chri on 04/10/11 05:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car used in 2008 a Limited Auto-trans (drop down menu didn't have an auto choice) with 14000 miles on it. Moonroof. It never let me down or left me stranded. I just recently sold it last week with 40000 on it. This car ride is very pleasant. On long trips 200+ miles seats can be uncomfortable, but after a stretch you can continue. Flexible interior lay out allows you to haul lots of "stuff" and at times I have filled this car up with almost as enough stuff that I could fit in a pick up. Fuel economy wasn't great, although with age seemed to get better, best I got was 25 mpg with tail wind, worst in city with lots of stop signs was 13.8 mpg.

I will not buy Chrysler products anymore
By uncleralph on 04/04/11 19:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

They might be a decent car when new, but will start to nickle and dime you later. This could have been a great car if Chrysler had put some effort into making inprovements over the years. We own a 06' convertible and a 07 touring sedan. Everytime you turn around it seems you are replacing the front brakes. My wifes 06' a/c went out at 60,000 miles. Comp. locked up. It has a power steering leak since new. Fuel mileage is poor at best. My 07' has had the airbag light on for a year now. My a/c is acting up and will cause the car to jerk or load up at idol. My radiator is starting to leak. I have heard they last 3-4 years. I like the styling and the removable seats. I would not buy!

LOVE MY PT CONVERTIBLE
By curtpcadillac on 01/02/11 15:06 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2007 PT Cruiser Convertible. I've had it for 3 and 1/2 years and have put a little over 18,000 carefree miiles on it. Well, the CD player has had a CD stuck in it since it was a month old and the front wheels love brake dust... but that was a homemade CD - so maybe it was our fault, and I don't mind cleaning the wheels (very easily done.) The only bad thing about the car is the gas mileage. My other car is a Lincoln Town car, and it averages around 14 MPG (in a very hilly area just outside of Pittsburgh, PA). My PT with a 4 cyl only averages 17MPG. I was thinking it was because I only drive it on such a limited basis (but after reading the reviews - I have discovered diff.)

Buy it you'll like it
By even13 on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 18K miles for my wife, she shops a lot and needed something to haul her "stuff" around, I have always liked the body style so it was an easy sell it now has 60k. I find that I enjoy driving the car it handles well, power isn't what you buy one of these for but it had enough to get my first ticket in 30 plus years, my other car is a 2001 mustang go figure, the PT is a great little car for the money fun to drive just wish the mileage was better. I get 23 to 25 mpg

Love it with 2 exceptions
By Wayne on 08/10/10 13:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it for looks and cheap transportation. Satisfied with looks and roominess, not with gas mileage. Averaged 27 on a 2100 mile trip, expected much better from a 4 cyl. Also, the horn sticks. Had it repaired while under warranty. Lasted about 3 months - still sticks. Reading other reviews, seems like a inherent problem, but I'll live with it. All things considered, yeah, I'd buy another one.

Absolutely Love It!
By Kathy on 07/28/10 17:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for one year now and still love it! All the past cars I drove were either Toyota or Honda. I suddenly needed a vehicle last year and was not prepared to spend much. I love the comfort of the interior seating and the car handles beautifully. Gas mileage 19-21 mpg, definitely limited power but I don't mind. Other posts are correct, the seats stain easily and the horn can stick. Rides more like an old fashion truck than a luxury vehicle. Loads of fun! I feel like I'm driving to the beach every time I'm in it.

Nice car, but...
By wiscman on 07/28/10 13:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car. Comfortable, with high seating. Aligning the mirrors is important since there are some potential blind spots. Gas mileage poor. This fairly light weight wagon only gets about 22 - 24 mpg on long drives. My 1995 explorer with 275,000 miles got the same. City mileage is far better, however. Highway ride is a bit noisy, but not objectionable. Sporty maneuvering is not in the car's job description. My explorer again could hold a tight curve much better, and the turning radius was tighter. However, the car looks cool, with nice amenities. For replacement, I will be looking at the Kia soul or forte, or the Hyundai elantra touring.

Engine Problems leaking oil
By Harv on 07/09/10 10:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Last Year I saw oil in my drive way, took the vehicle to a repair shop they found a leak at the crankshaft front seal. It was replaced and a week later it happened again. Chrysler was notified and they stated that this was a service problem and I would have to have it repaired at my expense (I had insurance to cover it) and it happened again and the insurance Company replaced the Engine. With further investigation we found out that other vehicles with the same engine have had these problems (Sebring/Stratus Sedan & convertibles, and some Caravans caseK93016699).The car now runs good. This was with 44,000 miles worst vehicle ever owned.

OK for what I paid for it.
By Rwiggler on 05/23/10 06:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this one used with low mileage. It has been ok transportation but has had several costly repairs including AC fan at 40,000, fuel injectors at 40,000. We all know about the lack luster gas mileage and performance. It is roomy though and what do you want for $11,000.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.