2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Pt-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

2007 PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Sort Reviews by

Loved it when I bought it, nothing but problems now!
By telly89

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought my car I loved it I was very excited to own a new car. I have only had the car for about 3 years and now it over heats very easily, the check engine light will come on and it shutters, down shifts hard, and then sputters to a stop. the fan for the a/c doesn't work so the interior wont warm up in the winter now (or cool down in the summer) it has very poor gas mileage for a little car, I know itís not a sports car but its gutless! I keep up on the regular maintenance (oil changes, transmission flushes, tire rotations) but canít afford to fix all the other problems that it shouldnít be having if I'm keeping up with regular maintenance! oh and the turning radius sucks!

Favorite Features

When it didn't have this many problms it was very easy to drive/maneuver

Suggested Improvements

Just make a more sturdy car! half of these problems happen when there is still warrenty on the car so its costing Chrysler alot of money and headache too!

The whole truth and nothing but...
By susieqt

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok so here is the truth about my 2007 convertible pt cruiser base model black. I bought the car brand new in 2007 and just recently traded it for a Nissan Maxima ONLY because my family complained we needed more space. I loved the car and wish I could have kept it too! pros: fun, cute, no mechanical issues ever cons: not much room inside, bad on gas.. i did have a tear in my carpet which is odd it was barely driven... and my visor broke off one morning just simply opening it, guess the plastic was cold. For the price its an fantastic little car! I bought it at 27 years old and was so much fun. Now it was to hold my son and husband... just not enuff space.. but I will miss the "turtle"

Favorite Features

The look was so cute and it was a very fun car to drive with the top down. Was always an attention getting and just made you love the sunshine on those nice spring sunny days!

Suggested Improvements

Interior stained easily even from drips of water (rain from window etc) left marks.. Carpet wore easily as my car barely has 25,000 miles and a hole wore on the drivers side.. could take off a little faster too... thats how it got its nickname in my family aka "the turtle".. but it was a well loved turtle!

Reliable Transportation with Comfort
By chri

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car used in 2008 a Limited Auto-trans (drop down menu didn't have an auto choice) with 14000 miles on it. Moonroof. It never let me down or left me stranded. I just recently sold it last week with 40000 on it. This car ride is very pleasant. On long trips 200+ miles seats can be uncomfortable, but after a stretch you can continue. Flexible interior lay out allows you to haul lots of "stuff" and at times I have filled this car up with almost as enough stuff that I could fit in a pick up. Fuel economy wasn't great, although with age seemed to get better, best I got was 25 mpg with tail wind, worst in city with lots of stop signs was 13.8 mpg.

Favorite Features

Flexible interior, inexpensive transportation, moon roof, Trip computer.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius, fuel economy,

I will not buy Chrysler products anymore
By uncleralph

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

They might be a decent car when new, but will start to nickle and dime you later. This could have been a great car if Chrysler had put some effort into making inprovements over the years. We own a 06' convertible and a 07 touring sedan. Everytime you turn around it seems you are replacing the front brakes. My wifes 06' a/c went out at 60,000 miles. Comp. locked up. It has a power steering leak since new. Fuel mileage is poor at best. My 07' has had the airbag light on for a year now. My a/c is acting up and will cause the car to jerk or load up at idol. My radiator is starting to leak. I have heard they last 3-4 years. I like the styling and the removable seats. I would not buy!

Favorite Features

Removable seats. Styling. Body seems sturdy. Convertible top nice quality.

Suggested Improvements

Too manyimprovments to list. Drivetrain too cheaply made. Maybe that's why they dropped them. In general, ask any mechanic-they won't recommend Chrysler products. I have owned my last one.

LOVE MY PT CONVERTIBLE
By curtpcadillac

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2007 PT Cruiser Convertible. I've had it for 3 and 1/2 years and have put a little over 18,000 carefree miiles on it. Well, the CD player has had a CD stuck in it since it was a month old and the front wheels love brake dust... but that was a homemade CD - so maybe it was our fault, and I don't mind cleaning the wheels (very easily done.) The only bad thing about the car is the gas mileage. My other car is a Lincoln Town car, and it averages around 14 MPG (in a very hilly area just outside of Pittsburgh, PA). My PT with a 4 cyl only averages 17MPG. I was thinking it was because I only drive it on such a limited basis (but after reading the reviews - I have discovered diff.)

Favorite Features

My favorite features are its looks. Nobody elses convertible looks like it. We all tend to beep at one another (like older Bugs and Jeeps back when I was a kid in the seventies).

Suggested Improvements

Less brake dust on the front wheels and better gas mileage

Buy it you'll like it
By even13

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 18K miles for my wife, she shops a lot and needed something to haul her "stuff" around, I have always liked the body style so it was an easy sell it now has 60k. I find that I enjoy driving the car it handles well, power isn't what you buy one of these for but it had enough to get my first ticket in 30 plus years, my other car is a 2001 mustang go figure, the PT is a great little car for the money fun to drive just wish the mileage was better. I get 23 to 25 mpg

Favorite Features

Styling and versatility, price, interior styling the A/C vents are cool........

Suggested Improvements

would like better mileage, if you want power try the turbo

Love it with 2 exceptions
By Wayne

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it for looks and cheap transportation. Satisfied with looks and roominess, not with gas mileage. Averaged 27 on a 2100 mile trip, expected much better from a 4 cyl. Also, the horn sticks. Had it repaired while under warranty. Lasted about 3 months - still sticks. Reading other reviews, seems like a inherent problem, but I'll live with it. All things considered, yeah, I'd buy another one.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. After all, it IS a 4 cylinder.

Absolutely Love It!
By Kathy

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for one year now and still love it! All the past cars I drove were either Toyota or Honda. I suddenly needed a vehicle last year and was not prepared to spend much. I love the comfort of the interior seating and the car handles beautifully. Gas mileage 19-21 mpg, definitely limited power but I don't mind. Other posts are correct, the seats stain easily and the horn can stick. Rides more like an old fashion truck than a luxury vehicle. Loads of fun! I feel like I'm driving to the beach every time I'm in it.

Favorite Features

Exterior Look Comfortable Seating Roomy Trunk Handles Well Old Fashion Interior Look Lighting both inside and out Convertible top raises/lowers fast

Suggested Improvements

Improved Upholstery Horn needs improvement so it wont stick

Nice car, but...
By wiscman

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car. Comfortable, with high seating. Aligning the mirrors is important since there are some potential blind spots. Gas mileage poor. This fairly light weight wagon only gets about 22 - 24 mpg on long drives. My 1995 explorer with 275,000 miles got the same. City mileage is far better, however. Highway ride is a bit noisy, but not objectionable. Sporty maneuvering is not in the car's job description. My explorer again could hold a tight curve much better, and the turning radius was tighter. However, the car looks cool, with nice amenities. For replacement, I will be looking at the Kia soul or forte, or the Hyundai elantra touring.

Favorite Features

When the rear shelf is in the lower position, the rear seats fold to the same level. Most wagons can do this, but the front passenger seat also folds to the same position; this makes putting long items into the car very easy.

Suggested Improvements

When the ignition is turned off, the air conditioner resets itself to allow the outside air to come in. I always have to reset the recirculation button. Also, the cruise control resets to "off."

Engine Problems leaking oil
By Harv

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Last Year I saw oil in my drive way, took the vehicle to a repair shop they found a leak at the crankshaft front seal. It was replaced and a week later it happened again. Chrysler was notified and they stated that this was a service problem and I would have to have it repaired at my expense (I had insurance to cover it) and it happened again and the insurance Company replaced the Engine. With further investigation we found out that other vehicles with the same engine have had these problems (Sebring/Stratus Sedan & convertibles, and some Caravans caseK93016699).The car now runs good. This was with 44,000 miles worst vehicle ever owned.

Favorite Features

nice looking vehicle

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage