Used 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Wagon Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Biggest [non-permissible content removed] ever!
By David Jordan

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine with 132000 miles on it and it was way overpriced on top of the immediate repairs that needed to be done. Right away it overheated and needed a new battery. The cooling fan and relays had to be replaced. I replaced spark plugs and wires with a new coil pack, new fuel injectors, map sensor, camshaft positioning sensor and it still runs like crap. I have only owned it for a couple months now and every week it is something new. I replaced front and back brake pads with new rotors and drums. There is no power to the engine and gas mileage is iffy. The whole thing shakes even after getting my tires balance twice. Overall this is a junky piece of crap and must be Chryslers April fools joke to society. I think I'll be going back to GM. I have never gotten rid of a car so soon and put so much money into it with no difference in how it runs.

What Was I Thinking
By ddust

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Biggest mistake of my life.....and that includes 2 ex wives.
My 1973, lime green Chevy Pinto was better than this car.

Only looked good when I was drunk

Pull all these cars off the road. Just looking at them is considered abuse

Nothing but problems
By sexysloth

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the worst cars I've ever owned or driven. It gets very poor gas mileage and the acceleration is extremely poor. If even a drop of water get on the seats, it leaves a watermark you'll never be able to get out. The dashboard is poorly laid out and I personally hate the circular design of the dash. The check engine light went on and off intermittently for a year, mechanics had no idea what was wrong with it. Whenever anyone sat in the passenger seat, the airbag light dinged loudly every 5 minutes. The car shook violently when idling or over 45-50mph. At 60k miles, the engine was completely shot. We ended up trading it in to a dealership at an extremely low price for a Ford.

None.

Shoddy mechanics on this vehicle. Zero reliability. Needs improved gas mileage.

Biggest Mistake
By convertibe

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The PT Cruiser has been the biggest mistake I have ever driven.
Forced to drive it as a result of financial difficulties and automobile difficulties, I have been given the reigns(courtesy of a loving family member) to a car which I despise.
Let me give you a list of complaints.
The styling is horrible.
I wouldn't let a blind person drive this car.
It is the ugliest car I have ever seen.
Its handling is so porous so I believe I can outmaneuver the car with a large Uhaul truck.
The acceleration is pathetic.
I had a child zoom by me on their skateboard (and I had the gas pedal completely floored...kidding but...)
The car has been in the shop almost as much as it has been on the road.

It is better than walking.

Do not make this model of car. Bring back the Chrysler Crossfire. That was a high performing car with some style.

I will not buy Chrysler products anymore
By uncleralph

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

They might be a decent car when new, but will start to nickle and dime you later.
This could have been a great car if Chrysler had put some effort into making inprovements over the years.
We own a 06' convertible and a 07 touring sedan.
Everytime you turn around it seems you are replacing the front brakes.
My wifes 06' a/c went out at 60,000 miles. Comp. locked up.
It has a power steering leak since new.
Fuel mileage is poor at best.
My 07' has had the airbag light on for a year now. My a/c is acting up and will cause the car to jerk or load up at idol.
My radiator is starting to leak. I have heard they last 3-4 years.
I like the styling and the removable seats.
I would not buy!

Removable seats. Styling. Body seems sturdy. Convertible top nice quality.

Too manyimprovments to list. Drivetrain too cheaply made. Maybe that's why they dropped them. In general, ask any mechanic-they won't recommend Chrysler products. I have owned my last one.