Used 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

What Was I Thinking
By ddust

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Biggest mistake of my life.....and that includes 2 ex wives. My 1973, lime green Chevy Pinto was better than this car.

Only looked good when I was drunk

Pull all these cars off the road. Just looking at them is considered abuse

Nothing but problems
By sexysloth

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the worst cars I've ever owned or driven. It gets very poor gas mileage and the acceleration is extremely poor. If even a drop of water get on the seats, it leaves a watermark you'll never be able to get out. The dashboard is poorly laid out and I personally hate the circular design of the dash. The check engine light went on and off intermittently for a year, mechanics had no idea what was wrong with it. Whenever anyone sat in the passenger seat, the airbag light dinged loudly every 5 minutes. The car shook violently when idling or over 45-50mph. At 60k miles, the engine was completely shot. We ended up trading it in to a dealership at an extremely low price for a Ford.

None.

Shoddy mechanics on this vehicle. Zero reliability. Needs improved gas mileage.

Biggest Mistake
By convertibe

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The PT Cruiser has been the biggest mistake I have ever driven. Forced to drive it as a result of financial difficulties and automobile difficulties, I have been given the reigns(courtesy of a loving family member) to a car which I despise. Let me give you a list of complaints. The styling is horrible. I wouldn't let a blind person drive this car. It is the ugliest car I have ever seen. Its handling is so porous so I believe I can outmaneuver the car with a large Uhaul truck. The acceleration is pathetic. I had a child zoom by me on their skateboard (and I had the gas pedal completely floored...kidding but...) The car has been in the shop almost as much as it has been on the road.

It is better than walking.

Do not make this model of car. Bring back the Chrysler Crossfire. That was a high performing car with some style.

I will not buy Chrysler products anymore
By uncleralph

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

They might be a decent car when new, but will start to nickle and dime you later. This could have been a great car if Chrysler had put some effort into making inprovements over the years. We own a 06' convertible and a 07 touring sedan. Everytime you turn around it seems you are replacing the front brakes. My wifes 06' a/c went out at 60,000 miles. Comp. locked up. It has a power steering leak since new. Fuel mileage is poor at best. My 07' has had the airbag light on for a year now. My a/c is acting up and will cause the car to jerk or load up at idol. My radiator is starting to leak. I have heard they last 3-4 years. I like the styling and the removable seats. I would not buy!

Removable seats. Styling. Body seems sturdy. Convertible top nice quality.

Too manyimprovments to list. Drivetrain too cheaply made. Maybe that's why they dropped them. In general, ask any mechanic-they won't recommend Chrysler products. I have owned my last one.

Mileage could be better
By Atum

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my cruiser in May 2007 when I transferred form NYC to Ft Lauderdale after I had rented one for my interview and I loved the way it handled and the mileage wasn't bad but it was not as good as other cars of the same category which is a shame considering that this car is really cool looking and handles extremely well. I did not have to change brake pads until I hit 30000 miles in 2010 but then again changing brakes has a lot to do with ones driving not the pads themselves and that's considering I'm a bit of a speed demon :)

Retro look inside and out, Great CD sound, easy to maintain

Mileage would definitely be a good improvement on this car, otherwise it is a great buy!