Used 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Biggest [non-permissible content removed] ever!
By David Jordan

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine with 132000 miles on it and it was way overpriced on top of the immediate repairs that needed to be done. Right away it overheated and needed a new battery. The cooling fan and relays had to be replaced. I replaced spark plugs and wires with a new coil pack, new fuel injectors, map sensor, camshaft positioning sensor and it still runs like crap. I have only owned it for a couple months now and every week it is something new. I replaced front and back brake pads with new rotors and drums. There is no power to the engine and gas mileage is iffy. The whole thing shakes even after getting my tires balance twice. Overall this is a junky piece of crap and must be Chryslers April fools joke to society. I think I'll be going back to GM. I have never gotten rid of a car so soon and put so much money into it with no difference in how it runs.

wost car ever made
By Candice

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Brought this vehicle used with 130k after 5 months replaced engine and catalytic converter car still drive and perform horribly. Brakes suck suspension suck seats suck only good thing is the radio i literally HATE this car with a passion

Mistake
By Fred Tuttle

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new. Underpowered, yet relatively poor mileage (16 city, 24 highway), has always consumed an excessive amount of oil (about 0.1 qt per 100 miles), and a turn radius that once got caused a traffic stop for suspicion of DUI. Besides ordinary and expected service: A/C fan controller failed at 35 K, again at 70 K and again at 100 K; A/C evaporator core at 80 K; cam shaft sensor at 66 K, followed by a cylinder head at 80 K; passenger seat airbag sensor failed at 70 K; transmission failed at 90 K; and weirdly, three of four in the initial set of tire went flat within first 25 K, with no further problems after they were replaced. Approximate excess repair cost to date: $15 K. Total cost to purchase and operate to 100K: $0.47 per mile plus insurance/interest. Bottom line: nice styling, reasonably roomy and comfortable, but better, cheaper options were available.

What Was I Thinking
By ddust

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Biggest mistake of my life.....and that includes 2 ex wives.
My 1973, lime green Chevy Pinto was better than this car.

Only looked good when I was drunk

Pull all these cars off the road. Just looking at them is considered abuse

Worst mistake I ever made, don't buy one!
By 4x4thewin

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I babied my PT Cruiser, but once it hit 90k miles it all went down hill. Routine service like starter, alternator, brakes is all to be expected but it didn't seem to matter how much I put into it mechanically, every few months a new problem would arise. At 120k it started pouring oil out, had a blown head gasket. Kelley Blue Book value was less than an engine rebuild, so I cut my losses and donated it as is. If your thinking of getting one, don't. I wouldn't take one for free!

Only good thing was having a 4 cylinder for great mpg. They feel stiff to drive, no room for car seats or groceries. Both back door locks broke, I had one door stuck shut and the other didn't want to stay closed. Base model felt like a car from the 80's, no options at all. You live and you learn, just so happy its gone!

Don't ever put it back into production.