Used 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Pt-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

used and nothing but issues
By nicoleo

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

this is my very first car. ive had it since October for my birthday. nothing but problems the thing leaks oil like no tomorrow breaks had to be changed a week or so after I got it while changing the breaks my dad noticed that the outside tire rods where hanging on by a thread that scared me quite a bit. the acceleration sucks! in Canada gas is cheap like 90cents a L so it takes about $25 to fill it from just under half. driving to school there and back is 30 ish km and 30 to the city cant wait to get rid of it!

Favorite Features

the look is nice but car sucks

Suggested Improvements

get rid of it

biggest mistake ever
By nhmom73

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I hate to write this, because I am about to make yet another repair in the 1k range. And want to get it off my hands very soon after. I bought mine with 14k on the engine for 14k. Have had so many problems I would need a website to list. Knock on wood, the only thing I have not replaced is the transmission. At 32k I had to replace all 4 cylinders. Was very upset that Chrysler would not help with the repair. It was a manufacture issue as they were never correct. They offered free parts if I used a dealership, but that would have cost me more than my mechanic. Then 3 crank shaft sensors...need to bring it in now to find why the 3rd has found... It shakes at 50 and above on the rd...problems

Favorite Features

Easy to tow????

Suggested Improvements

I could go on and on., =(

great 07 cruiser convertible
By vwcamperman

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car slightly used 4 years ago with 23k on it..It is fun to drive,and one of the most dependable cars ever owned.The vehicle has 70k miles now and minimal maint issues.Brake pads at 50k(Approx 40.00 bucks) and cam sensor at 63k miles..( 39.00 dollar fix)Thats parts only..I do my own maint.Thats it other than a set of tires.We live in a climate with lots of snow and found this car to be unstoppable with studded snow tires on front..Yeah I know.You might be a redneck driving a convertible with studded tires in the winter.LOL.We chose this over the Beetle convertible because it has much better interior room,especially in the back seat where adults can sit comfortably

Favorite Features

Styling,fun to drive,dependability

Suggested Improvements

Softer seats..Get a bit hard after couple hour trip.I found fuel mileage jumps about 3-4 miles per gallon with 93 octane.Worth the extra.Went from 16 up to 19 city and up from 19.5 highway to 23 consistently.

The whole truth and nothing but...
By susieqt

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok so here is the truth about my 2007 convertible pt cruiser base model black. I bought the car brand new in 2007 and just recently traded it for a Nissan Maxima ONLY because my family complained we needed more space. I loved the car and wish I could have kept it too! pros: fun, cute, no mechanical issues ever cons: not much room inside, bad on gas.. i did have a tear in my carpet which is odd it was barely driven... and my visor broke off one morning just simply opening it, guess the plastic was cold. For the price its an fantastic little car! I bought it at 27 years old and was so much fun. Now it was to hold my son and husband... just not enuff space.. but I will miss the "turtle"

Favorite Features

The look was so cute and it was a very fun car to drive with the top down. Was always an attention getting and just made you love the sunshine on those nice spring sunny days!

Suggested Improvements

Interior stained easily even from drips of water (rain from window etc) left marks.. Carpet wore easily as my car barely has 25,000 miles and a hole wore on the drivers side.. could take off a little faster too... thats how it got its nickname in my family aka "the turtle".. but it was a well loved turtle!

LOVE MY PT CONVERTIBLE
By curtpcadillac

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2007 PT Cruiser Convertible. I've had it for 3 and 1/2 years and have put a little over 18,000 carefree miiles on it. Well, the CD player has had a CD stuck in it since it was a month old and the front wheels love brake dust... but that was a homemade CD - so maybe it was our fault, and I don't mind cleaning the wheels (very easily done.) The only bad thing about the car is the gas mileage. My other car is a Lincoln Town car, and it averages around 14 MPG (in a very hilly area just outside of Pittsburgh, PA). My PT with a 4 cyl only averages 17MPG. I was thinking it was because I only drive it on such a limited basis (but after reading the reviews - I have discovered diff.)

Favorite Features

My favorite features are its looks. Nobody elses convertible looks like it. We all tend to beep at one another (like older Bugs and Jeeps back when I was a kid in the seventies).

Suggested Improvements

Less brake dust on the front wheels and better gas mileage