2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
What Was I Thinking
By ddust on 08/22/14 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Biggest mistake of my life.....and that includes 2 ex wives. My 1973, lime green Chevy Pinto was better than this car.

Nothing but problems
By sexysloth on 07/15/13 12:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the worst cars I've ever owned or driven. It gets very poor gas mileage and the acceleration is extremely poor. If even a drop of water get on the seats, it leaves a watermark you'll never be able to get out. The dashboard is poorly laid out and I personally hate the circular design of the dash. The check engine light went on and off intermittently for a year, mechanics had no idea what was wrong with it. Whenever anyone sat in the passenger seat, the airbag light dinged loudly every 5 minutes. The car shook violently when idling or over 45-50mph. At 60k miles, the engine was completely shot. We ended up trading it in to a dealership at an extremely low price for a Ford.

Biggest Mistake
By convertibe on 07/12/12 05:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The PT Cruiser has been the biggest mistake I have ever driven. Forced to drive it as a result of financial difficulties and automobile difficulties, I have been given the reigns(courtesy of a loving family member) to a car which I despise. Let me give you a list of complaints. The styling is horrible. I wouldn't let a blind person drive this car. It is the ugliest car I have ever seen. Its handling is so porous so I believe I can outmaneuver the car with a large Uhaul truck. The acceleration is pathetic. I had a child zoom by me on their skateboard (and I had the gas pedal completely floored...kidding but...) The car has been in the shop almost as much as it has been on the road.

I will not buy Chrysler products anymore
By uncleralph on 04/04/11 19:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

They might be a decent car when new, but will start to nickle and dime you later. This could have been a great car if Chrysler had put some effort into making inprovements over the years. We own a 06' convertible and a 07 touring sedan. Everytime you turn around it seems you are replacing the front brakes. My wifes 06' a/c went out at 60,000 miles. Comp. locked up. It has a power steering leak since new. Fuel mileage is poor at best. My 07' has had the airbag light on for a year now. My a/c is acting up and will cause the car to jerk or load up at idol. My radiator is starting to leak. I have heard they last 3-4 years. I like the styling and the removable seats. I would not buy!

Mileage could be better
By Atum on 01/08/10 08:11 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my cruiser in May 2007 when I transferred form NYC to Ft Lauderdale after I had rented one for my interview and I loved the way it handled and the mileage wasn't bad but it was not as good as other cars of the same category which is a shame considering that this car is really cool looking and handles extremely well. I did not have to change brake pads until I hit 30000 miles in 2010 but then again changing brakes has a lot to do with ones driving not the pads themselves and that's considering I'm a bit of a speed demon :)

I Love This Car!!!
By Mike on 12/21/09 08:30 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2006 Chrysler Sebring that was hit and totaled by a drunk driver. I needed a new car, so I decided on a PT Cruiser. I have the Touring Edition with a 5-speed manual, and I love it. Even though it has the 4-cylinder engine, it will get up and go fast. Love the space, and love the dashboard design. Gas mileage could be better, but that's more me than the car. I also love the color, Opal Metallic. Overall, the car is a great ride and versatile too!

Not too sure
By Kim S on 09/25/09 11:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very upset with this purchase. Have only had a few months and my engine light is on. Today as I drove it, it started bucking, wouldn't go over 30 mph. I've read many reviews today about this being a common problem. (another site). The dealer can't get me in today, so I'm SOL. I am paying quite a bit for this car, and having it for such a short amount of time and this is wrong. Not happy.

Still goin!
By rawhite on 08/13/09 21:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Presently I have 83,000 miles on my PT Cruiser. I've only had to replace brakes once, tires once and of course numerous oil changes!!! I do a lot of highway driving and get decent mileage, about 25/mpg. Its a joy to drive!

My experience with the '07 PT Cruiser
By Daniel on 04/30/09 06:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '07Cruiser touring edition in '07 and like many features of this car including: the old style look of a 1940's car, the dash board features (outside temp., compass, avg. mi. per gal., mi. till empty..etc.), good cd player, good ac and heat, unique "handle bar" on passenger side, well thought out middle console with 3 cup holders and middle storage with sliding arm rest, smooth ride, good brakes and easy gas pedal, back seats fold down and can come out for plenty of cargo room, stylish interior of textured material. Feels more upscale than you actually pay for it. I recommend this car to those who appreciate old style of cars & who want something that looks nice w/o paying alot.

Country Cruiser
By Cruiser07 on 03/04/09 21:33 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i love my pt cruiser, i never get tired of it, or get tired of driving it...i love the cool vanilla color, but i wish that it was red cause thats my fav color, i love the ride its very comfortable and smooth, handling is amazing, i can zip around curves like a sports car...it has really good power for a non-turbo, well at least mine does...if you want a lil extra power add a cold air intake, it makes it a lil zippier plus it gives it a nice sounding growl...i love almost everything about the car except for the gas mileage it gets decent but i expected better...i just hate that chrysler is fixin to stop making them...i highly recommend this vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.