2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
What Was I Thinking
By ddust on 08/22/14 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Biggest mistake of my life.....and that includes 2 ex wives. My 1973, lime green Chevy Pinto was better than this car.

Worst mistake I ever made, don't buy one!
By 4x4thewin on 04/27/14 01:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I babied my PT Cruiser, but once it hit 90k miles it all went down hill. Routine service like starter, alternator, brakes is all to be expected but it didn't seem to matter how much I put into it mechanically, every few months a new problem would arise. At 120k it started pouring oil out, had a blown head gasket. Kelley Blue Book value was less than an engine rebuild, so I cut my losses and donated it as is. If your thinking of getting one, don't. I wouldn't take one for free!

I am glad Chrysler folded, they deserved it
By gbw123 on 01/19/14 19:33 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the biggest piece of junk ever built. I bought it for a college student with a long commute for semester breaks. Everything that could go wrong with this car did. Brakes, calipers, air conditioning, radiator, electrical, engine leaks, engine light coming on, heavy vibrations when idling. I have to believe this vehicle was built as a bad joke. Someone at the head of the old Chrysler must have had an inept kid they gave a job to and they designed this car. The value dropped by 80% in one year. The only positive thing about this vehicle is the amount of interior space. We can fit a lot of stuff. Gas mileage is also pathetic. Shame on you old Chrysler. Your car is a disgrace

biggest mistake ever
By nhmom73 on 11/23/13 11:56 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I hate to write this, because I am about to make yet another repair in the 1k range. And want to get it off my hands very soon after. I bought mine with 14k on the engine for 14k. Have had so many problems I would need a website to list. Knock on wood, the only thing I have not replaced is the transmission. At 32k I had to replace all 4 cylinders. Was very upset that Chrysler would not help with the repair. It was a manufacture issue as they were never correct. They offered free parts if I used a dealership, but that would have cost me more than my mechanic. Then 3 crank shaft sensors...need to bring it in now to find why the 3rd has found... It shakes at 50 and above on the rd...problems

Nothing but problems
By sexysloth on 07/15/13 12:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the worst cars I've ever owned or driven. It gets very poor gas mileage and the acceleration is extremely poor. If even a drop of water get on the seats, it leaves a watermark you'll never be able to get out. The dashboard is poorly laid out and I personally hate the circular design of the dash. The check engine light went on and off intermittently for a year, mechanics had no idea what was wrong with it. Whenever anyone sat in the passenger seat, the airbag light dinged loudly every 5 minutes. The car shook violently when idling or over 45-50mph. At 60k miles, the engine was completely shot. We ended up trading it in to a dealership at an extremely low price for a Ford.

It was so nice at first.....
By kidsasuke on 06/30/13 13:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a used one of these for about $7500. It looked brand new and handled fine, but then the problems started. We had to replace the brakes twice, and the check engine and airbag lights both stayed on. It ended up costing us about $2000 in repairs and is crap for mileage. We calculated it at about 13.9 mpg doing mostly city driving. The handling feels smooth, but the turn radius is pretty cruddy considering its size. We would've been better off buying a Corolla.

Back For Seconds
By ptlover45 on 02/07/13 21:33 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an 02 PT base, 5spd, ac, non-turbo with 11K miles, drove it for 33K miles. Replaced wiper motor under warranty. Traded it in on a new 07 PT base Auto. trans., ac, Sirius radio, non-turbo. Replaced camshaft positioning sensor under warranty. Currently has 25k miles on it. Never added oil to either PT in 58K mile of driving. Gas mileage for both was 18 (city) and 35 ( highway) Great retro styling and plenty of room. Excellent visibility in all directions.

Biggest Mistake
By convertibe on 07/12/12 05:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The PT Cruiser has been the biggest mistake I have ever driven. Forced to drive it as a result of financial difficulties and automobile difficulties, I have been given the reigns(courtesy of a loving family member) to a car which I despise. Let me give you a list of complaints. The styling is horrible. I wouldn't let a blind person drive this car. It is the ugliest car I have ever seen. Its handling is so porous so I believe I can outmaneuver the car with a large Uhaul truck. The acceleration is pathetic. I had a child zoom by me on their skateboard (and I had the gas pedal completely floored...kidding but...) The car has been in the shop almost as much as it has been on the road.

great 07 cruiser convertible
By vwcamperman on 03/10/12 08:19 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car slightly used 4 years ago with 23k on it..It is fun to drive,and one of the most dependable cars ever owned.The vehicle has 70k miles now and minimal maint issues.Brake pads at 50k(Approx 40.00 bucks) and cam sensor at 63k miles..( 39.00 dollar fix)Thats parts only..I do my own maint.Thats it other than a set of tires.We live in a climate with lots of snow and found this car to be unstoppable with studded snow tires on front..Yeah I know.You might be a redneck driving a convertible with studded tires in the winter.LOL.We chose this over the Beetle convertible because it has much better interior room,especially in the back seat where adults can sit comfortably

Loved it when I bought it, nothing but problems now!
By telly89 on 01/10/12 10:14 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought my car I loved it I was very excited to own a new car. I have only had the car for about 3 years and now it over heats very easily, the check engine light will come on and it shutters, down shifts hard, and then sputters to a stop. the fan for the a/c doesn't work so the interior wont warm up in the winter now (or cool down in the summer) it has very poor gas mileage for a little car, I know itís not a sports car but its gutless! I keep up on the regular maintenance (oil changes, transmission flushes, tire rotations) but canít afford to fix all the other problems that it shouldnít be having if I'm keeping up with regular maintenance! oh and the turning radius sucks!