2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
I am glad Chrysler folded, they deserved it
By gbw123 on 01/19/14 19:33 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the biggest piece of junk ever built. I bought it for a college student with a long commute for semester breaks. Everything that could go wrong with this car did. Brakes, calipers, air conditioning, radiator, electrical, engine leaks, engine light coming on, heavy vibrations when idling. I have to believe this vehicle was built as a bad joke. Someone at the head of the old Chrysler must have had an inept kid they gave a job to and they designed this car. The value dropped by 80% in one year. The only positive thing about this vehicle is the amount of interior space. We can fit a lot of stuff. Gas mileage is also pathetic. Shame on you old Chrysler. Your car is a disgrace

biggest mistake ever
By nhmom73 on 11/23/13 11:56 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I hate to write this, because I am about to make yet another repair in the 1k range. And want to get it off my hands very soon after. I bought mine with 14k on the engine for 14k. Have had so many problems I would need a website to list. Knock on wood, the only thing I have not replaced is the transmission. At 32k I had to replace all 4 cylinders. Was very upset that Chrysler would not help with the repair. It was a manufacture issue as they were never correct. They offered free parts if I used a dealership, but that would have cost me more than my mechanic. Then 3 crank shaft sensors...need to bring it in now to find why the 3rd has found... It shakes at 50 and above on the rd...problems

Nothing but problems
By sexysloth on 07/15/13 12:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the worst cars I've ever owned or driven. It gets very poor gas mileage and the acceleration is extremely poor. If even a drop of water get on the seats, it leaves a watermark you'll never be able to get out. The dashboard is poorly laid out and I personally hate the circular design of the dash. The check engine light went on and off intermittently for a year, mechanics had no idea what was wrong with it. Whenever anyone sat in the passenger seat, the airbag light dinged loudly every 5 minutes. The car shook violently when idling or over 45-50mph. At 60k miles, the engine was completely shot. We ended up trading it in to a dealership at an extremely low price for a Ford.

It was so nice at first.....
By kidsasuke on 06/30/13 13:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a used one of these for about $7500. It looked brand new and handled fine, but then the problems started. We had to replace the brakes twice, and the check engine and airbag lights both stayed on. It ended up costing us about $2000 in repairs and is crap for mileage. We calculated it at about 13.9 mpg doing mostly city driving. The handling feels smooth, but the turn radius is pretty cruddy considering its size. We would've been better off buying a Corolla.

Back For Seconds
By ptlover45 on 02/07/13 21:33 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an 02 PT base, 5spd, ac, non-turbo with 11K miles, drove it for 33K miles. Replaced wiper motor under warranty. Traded it in on a new 07 PT base Auto. trans., ac, Sirius radio, non-turbo. Replaced camshaft positioning sensor under warranty. Currently has 25k miles on it. Never added oil to either PT in 58K mile of driving. Gas mileage for both was 18 (city) and 35 ( highway) Great retro styling and plenty of room. Excellent visibility in all directions.

Biggest Mistake
By convertibe on 07/12/12 05:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The PT Cruiser has been the biggest mistake I have ever driven. Forced to drive it as a result of financial difficulties and automobile difficulties, I have been given the reigns(courtesy of a loving family member) to a car which I despise. Let me give you a list of complaints. The styling is horrible. I wouldn't let a blind person drive this car. It is the ugliest car I have ever seen. Its handling is so porous so I believe I can outmaneuver the car with a large Uhaul truck. The acceleration is pathetic. I had a child zoom by me on their skateboard (and I had the gas pedal completely floored...kidding but...) The car has been in the shop almost as much as it has been on the road.

great 07 cruiser convertible
By vwcamperman on 03/10/12 08:19 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car slightly used 4 years ago with 23k on it..It is fun to drive,and one of the most dependable cars ever owned.The vehicle has 70k miles now and minimal maint issues.Brake pads at 50k(Approx 40.00 bucks) and cam sensor at 63k miles..( 39.00 dollar fix)Thats parts only..I do my own maint.Thats it other than a set of tires.We live in a climate with lots of snow and found this car to be unstoppable with studded snow tires on front..Yeah I know.You might be a redneck driving a convertible with studded tires in the winter.LOL.We chose this over the Beetle convertible because it has much better interior room,especially in the back seat where adults can sit comfortably

Loved it when I bought it, nothing but problems now!
By telly89 on 01/10/12 10:14 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought my car I loved it I was very excited to own a new car. I have only had the car for about 3 years and now it over heats very easily, the check engine light will come on and it shutters, down shifts hard, and then sputters to a stop. the fan for the a/c doesn't work so the interior wont warm up in the winter now (or cool down in the summer) it has very poor gas mileage for a little car, I know it’s not a sports car but its gutless! I keep up on the regular maintenance (oil changes, transmission flushes, tire rotations) but can’t afford to fix all the other problems that it shouldn’t be having if I'm keeping up with regular maintenance! oh and the turning radius sucks!

The whole truth and nothing but...
By susieqt on 12/21/11 12:46 PM (PST)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok so here is the truth about my 2007 convertible pt cruiser base model black. I bought the car brand new in 2007 and just recently traded it for a Nissan Maxima ONLY because my family complained we needed more space. I loved the car and wish I could have kept it too! pros: fun, cute, no mechanical issues ever cons: not much room inside, bad on gas.. i did have a tear in my carpet which is odd it was barely driven... and my visor broke off one morning just simply opening it, guess the plastic was cold. For the price its an fantastic little car! I bought it at 27 years old and was so much fun. Now it was to hold my son and husband... just not enuff space.. but I will miss the "turtle"

Reliable Transportation with Comfort
By chri on 04/10/11 05:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car used in 2008 a Limited Auto-trans (drop down menu didn't have an auto choice) with 14000 miles on it. Moonroof. It never let me down or left me stranded. I just recently sold it last week with 40000 on it. This car ride is very pleasant. On long trips 200+ miles seats can be uncomfortable, but after a stretch you can continue. Flexible interior lay out allows you to haul lots of "stuff" and at times I have filled this car up with almost as enough stuff that I could fit in a pick up. Fuel economy wasn't great, although with age seemed to get better, best I got was 25 mpg with tail wind, worst in city with lots of stop signs was 13.8 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.