2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
Horrible Gas Mileage
By Robyn on 07/06/08 06:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new after selling a 1996 Ford Explorer. I thought with a 4 cyl it would get good gas mileage. It was HORRIBLE. My '96 Explorer got better. I kept it for 18 months, and recently traded it in for a Chevrolet HHR. I was very disappointed in the gas, and at over $4.00 a gallon, could not justify keeping it any longer.

Love My PT GT!
By blue star on 06/29/08 07:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

According to my service adviser the PT is among a few cars that only come in for maintenance. I drive approximately 100 miles per day and she is a joy to drive. It has loads of passenger room, the rear seats fold down flat to allow a good surface to carry lots of things. The controls are easy to access, she drives smooth as silk and the stiffer suspension lets me enjoy curves. She has new Eagle Tires which are an improvement over the originals, the Turbo is responsive, fit and finish is very good, bluetooth, sirius radio and 6 CD changer. Originally I leased a Touring model to be sure, I'm sure I love this car. It's distinctive styling is a stand out but she's not just beautiful...

Nice car
By Dennis on 06/23/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Pt is my go to school car. I drive 60 miles day, 40 miles interstate, 20 miles town driving, I average 28 to32 mpg at 65 mph and depending on the weather . I put a k and n air filter and bosch platinum spark plugs. This brought my mpg up 4 to 6 mpg. Love the looks and cargo space by folding up the back seats, you can haul a lot of stuff. I like the head room 4 adults can ride very comfortable, and I get around traffic easier.

great little run-a-bout
By sugahbear on 05/28/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2001 PT in 2002 from an individual - really loved the retro- styling. It turned out to be a great buy - only had 2 warranty-covered problems. I traded it on the 2006 with 23K miles. The '06 is fantastic - nice upgrades from the '01. Mileage could be better although the '06 is better than the '01 - needs another gear - 5-spd auto. But all in all, a pleasure to own - really cheap to own. Cost me $600/year in depreciation to own the '01.

Radiator replaced TWICE
By 56981101 on 05/05/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have had radiator replaced twice - both times the radiator CRACKED - first time, hit a small cat, second time, a pothole in the road. Currently having problems with the car overheating and no one can find anything wrong with it. Purchased in December of 2006, basic model. Our only requirements were that it fit three car seats in the back (it does), and that it have A/C (it does not, although we were told it did). Not happy with this vehicle overall. Will be trading soon, if we can get a decent trade-in on it. Not counting on that, though. I agree with the person who said PT Cruisers are lemons.

PT l loser
By sucker on 04/21/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car is fun to drive but gas mileage is lousy and Chrysler's customer service sucks. I will never buy a Chrysler again because they do not respect their customers even though they make some very interesting fun cars

Too Many Repairs
By kt on 04/17/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Loved my cruiser for first 32,000 miles. I traveled extensively in my job so maintenance is always a priority. In 50,000 miles bushings replaced, left front wheel bearing and it's still not fixed. The other wheel bearings will need replacing which shouldn't have occurred for a much longer time. Transmission problems, over 4 RPM going 50 mph even though the dealership said it was fine. Difficult to handle on the highway which wasn't a problem in beginning. Met other 2006 owners who travel a lot experiencing similar problems. One who buys PT Cruisers said 2006 has more problems than all the other PT Cruisers he has owned. Maybe this is why they didn't put the 100,000 mile warranty.

really nice
By robin toth on 04/03/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This little car rides good in winter, and I only had all season tires on- lots of snow and some ice on roads.. It is fairly quiet although the heater is noisy when on. Overall very satisfactory vehicle

Love this car
By dewyonna on 04/02/08 10:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would never suggest buying a pt cruiser. 1st off the Chrysler dealer has had my car more than I have. I really do hate this car. Every time I turn around something is wrong and I am always told by the dealer that the car is fine well then in about 2 weeks the car is tore up again. I really can't wait to get sell this car and just b/c I have had bad customer service with this car I would never buy another Chrysler again. Oh, wait, and when it's raining if the rain gets on the seats it will stain big time. It has a really wide turning radius. Don't buy a PT.

Fair Car To Drive
By irontree23 on 03/24/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The steering is not as easy to whip when you are in tight spaces, I traded my 2005 Dodge Dakota with the V8 and all of the goodies for this car I always wanted it since it was produce in 2000 but at the time it was very overpriced. The seats stain even when the snow hit it. Also very bad trade in value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.