Used 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Looks were deceiving.... VERY disappointed
By l8dybg79

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

PLEASE reconsider if you are wanting to buy a PT. I bought my '06 used, but only 11 months old & very few miles. I have had a lot of AC problems, heater core, wheels, brakes, and tire problems. AND the back door lock doesn't work (gets stuck locked) until you manually unlock it... a pain when you have kids. It handled well on snow/ice. But that about the only positive thing I can think about it. The biggest complaint I have is the 18-19 mpg! And thats driving 20 miles highway to & from work every day! WHAT A GAS HOG!!!! NOT WHAT THEY SAY IT GETS. And.. I keep up with the maintenance... oil changes, etc. I would definitely reconsider buying a PT Loser!

Favorite Features

exterior appearance

Family pet
By Anonymous

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new. 180 hp turbo has get up and go. Amazingly comfortable, expecially considering exterior dimensions. Seats front and rear are comfortable. Lots of room. Easy to see out of. Ride is smooth. We take it on trips in preference to our 2005 Volvo V70 2.5T. Very reliable. Only one repair: windshield washer nozzle replaced. Dealer says front brakes look like they haven't been used. We love our Cruiser.

Favorite Features

Almost too numerous to mention. Comfort, hauling capacity, easy to drive, reliable and on and on.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could be better, but you can't have everything.

New arrival
By pt109

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had less than a week and have put almost 800 miles on the the little thing. Last car was a Crown Vic so torque seems a bit on the thin side. Love the top down and quiet with top up. as far as styling goes people either love or hate them. I love it. every time I get behind the wheel I think beetle because of the body color dash and view over the hood. Ride/handling trade off seems perfect for this sporty but not sports car. I was hoping for better mileage than my Vic but so far it is about the same. Disappointing for a 4 Cylinder, but I didn't buy it because it was an econobox.

Favorite Features

retro styling with Chrysler wing logos and chrome-like grille. Lots of room in front and amazing room in back. Love the sport bar and the fact that I can pull the back seats and have a huge amount of cargo area for camping trips etc.

Suggested Improvements

Well, the point is moot now but 6speed automatic would've helped performance and mileage. Seats are bottom crunchers on my 300 lbs. Rear speakers are useless.

Worst Money Pit Ever
By mw

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with low mileage as a dealer shuttle car. I figured since the dealer used it to simply shuttle people back and forth it would be reliable. Wrong, even the best mechanic couldn't save the horrible reliability of Chrysler. I have spent over $3500 in repairs to keep the car from over heating and to regulate the engine fans. My mechanic said he sees this all the time on Chrysler cars. No wonder this company cant stay afloat. I will never ever buy another Chrysler again. Thanks for making the WORST American made cars around. Stick to Ford.

Favorite Features

Great Look, Comfortable Interior

Suggested Improvements

Engine Overhaul, Better Power

Get the extended warranty!
By GOGOTHECAT

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great looking with maintenance issues. Power steering hoses, AC freon leak, premature brake pad wear. Other than that, How was the play Mrs. Lincoln? Sporty fun has come with a price.

Favorite Features

Top down, great radio.

Suggested Improvements

Longer factory warranty.Better cushioned seats and stain resistant.