Used 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Wish I knew how expensive it would be to repair
By sim40son

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since 2007, it was fine for the 1st year but I had to put brakes on a fairly new car.
Have to buy new tires all the time it wears them out, new brakes every year because of the ceramic brake pads bad design.
wiring harness went and something else that was not suppose to ever go bad, chrysler paid for that.
I have had to put new wheel bearings on, when the timing belt brakes it takes out the whole housing expensive, even a tune up is outrageous.
I am reviewing cars this time.
I like my PT cruiser, but I do not like the huge expense of repairs, chrysler parts are expensive.
My mechanic told me that chylsers are very expensive to repair.
wish I new ahead of time.

well they stopped making them.....

pt loser
By wintkel

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

dealer commited fraud, forged papers, car only got 18 mpg. poor service from chrysler and dealer, could not get warranty work done as parts not available, in the 2 years owned car windows never worked. chrysler advertised a 3 day test drive, wrong, false advertising, don't tell you if you have a trade in that does not apply. dealer called pt cruiser american, wrong, made in Mexico. dealer sold us extended warranty, why do you need this on a 39 month lease when the warranty from chrysler is 36 month, more dealer fraud.

design

be honest, tell customers that car is not made in america. don't let dealers forge customers signatures to papers after they find out the advertising is false. tell customers that if they want an american made car to buy a toyota, nissan or honda, they are made in america.

Looks were deceiving.... VERY disappointed
By l8dybg79

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

PLEASE reconsider if you are wanting to buy a PT.
I bought my '06 used, but only 11 months old & very few miles.
I have had a lot of AC problems, heater core, wheels, brakes, and tire problems.
AND the back door lock doesn't work (gets stuck locked) until you manually unlock it... a pain when you have kids.

It handled well on snow/ice.
But that about the only positive thing I can think about it.

The biggest complaint I have is the 18-19 mpg!
And thats driving 20 miles highway to & from work every day!
WHAT A GAS HOG!!!! NOT WHAT THEY SAY IT GETS.
And.. I keep up with the maintenance... oil changes, etc.
I would definitely reconsider buying a PT Loser!

exterior appearance

Family pet
By Anonymous

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new. 180 hp turbo has get up and go. Amazingly comfortable, expecially considering exterior dimensions. Seats front and rear are comfortable. Lots of room. Easy to see out of. Ride is smooth. We take it on trips in preference to our 2005 Volvo V70 2.5T. Very reliable. Only one repair: windshield washer nozzle replaced. Dealer says front brakes look like they haven't been used. We love our Cruiser.

Almost too numerous to mention. Comfort, hauling capacity, easy to drive, reliable and on and on.

Fuel economy could be better, but you can't have everything.

New arrival
By pt109

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had less than a week and have put almost 800 miles on the the little thing. Last car was a Crown Vic so torque seems a bit on the thin side. Love the top down and quiet with top up. as far as styling goes people either love or hate them. I love it. every time I get behind the wheel I think beetle because of the body color dash and view over the hood. Ride/handling trade off seems perfect for this sporty but not sports car. I was hoping for better mileage than my Vic but so far it is about the same. Disappointing for a 4 Cylinder, but I didn't buy it because it was an econobox.

retro styling with Chrysler wing logos and chrome-like grille. Lots of room in front and amazing room in back. Love the sport bar and the fact that I can pull the back seats and have a huge amount of cargo area for camping trips etc.

Well, the point is moot now but 6speed automatic would've helped performance and mileage. Seats are bottom crunchers on my 300 lbs. Rear speakers are useless.