2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
Parking Challenged
By Still Cruising on 01/24/10 21:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Limited Turbo new. It was the styling that sold me. I love the roomy interior vs: the small exterior. Tall people don't do too well in the back seat however, (heads rub the roof). The original tires all went bad before 25K. Mechanically it has been sound. Has plenty of power for my needs. MPG could be better. Turning radius is wide so plan ahead, that's my only real beef right now. No issues as of 28K. Overall I have been happy with this car. Someday I may even calibrate the compass.

looks great, but
By michigan pt on 01/02/10 10:53 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

wish the car rode better, mpg is very disapointing 20-22 city and highway. expected more on highway. purchased new and spent multiple times in shop for sensors. paid for bumper to bumper warranty. brakes seem bad since new and has always had weird steering shimmy-like bad rotors, was told there was no problem and they turned the rotors. thankful i bought the warranty 60 months/65000 miles. no out of pocket. learned my lesson with my LHS, which i miss, that was a great car.

Fun Fun Fun
By texas cruisin on 11/25/09 14:06 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just plain fun. I have always driven large SUV's because of kids, but loved the look of the PT Cruiser. I bought this one for a steal and I LOVE it. It is responsive. It makes me happy to drive it. It never fails. The positioning of the instruments have taken getting used to, but I think it all lends to the different kind of car you see from the out side. Fuel economy is a about 20 city 24 highway for me. The seats do stain very easily so I bought covers. I love driving this car.

cool car
By cool car on 10/31/09 12:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i purchased this car after renting one love the ride and power rentel had 42000 miles on it i bought this one brand new at first hated it it was bad on gas but after about 25000 miles it was like some one flipped a switch 24 mpg and car is driven by two different drivers would own another one curently have 50000 miles on it

I love mine!
By Peggy on 08/18/09 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I personally have not had any problems with my cruiser. It has plenty of room for a 4 cyl and plenty of storage and space if needed. We have 5 people in our family and can all take long trips in comfort and style. We have owned numerous vehicles with no such luck. Gas is really good in mine and it still drives like a new car. No problems what-so-ever. I would definitely recommend this car to others. My mother in law has had one for the last 7 years and has never had a problem with hers. She just loves it. She recently traded hers in for a 2008. Good luck to everyone and hopefully you will enjoy yours as much as we do ours!

No worries
By Sidney on 08/16/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We change our car from the Jeep to Chrysler PT, we pay $8000 and a warrant for another 70000miles. We think the price is worth, also it runs in good condition. We like the space inside, not like the Honda & Toyota's skinny space. The fuel consumption is reasonable too. We like it.

No Regrets So Far
By Ms. Lee on 08/07/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was a used car purchase. I love the style & design of the car but everything else is pretty much a disappointment. The gas mileage is poor, the seats are uncomfortable and stained, the window openers should be on the door, making a U-turn is a joke, the car shakes a bit at 65 MPH, and it is hard to see out from the back and front sloping window design (very dangerous). Luckily I have had no problems with the engine, steering or anything electrical. (keeping my fingers crossed).

PT is the best bang for the buck in NYC
By Wallstherb on 07/09/09 21:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little tank. It takes the streets of NYC without fail and the only problem in the gas. For a little car it drinks gas in traffic. I love the fact it is little for parking and the room is great inside. For the money I love it in Brooklyn, NY and with the cost so low I can get the bumpers re-painted from everyone hitting me when parked. A++ for anyone in NYC who wants a car!

Money Pit on Wheels
By jms on 07/08/09 05:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In the year and a half that I have owned ny cruiser, it has had repairs done on steering problems 5 times. I think the whole steering system must be new! Also, the air conditioning drags the idle speed down when waiting for traffic lights.

Learn to drive before you whine
By mdthompson on 05/23/09 01:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I use my cruiser to deliver pizza. It never gives me any problems in any type of weather. I have seat covers so staining is no issue for me. If you know how to drive correctly and take care of your vehicle it will reward you. The only time I've had to take it to a dealership is for body work after people ran into me, which stopped after I got flame decals applied. I've put more mileage on my cruiser than anyone here and it never fails to perform.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.