Used 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Pt-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Great Looking Car - Lots of Issues!
By Susan E. Craig-Gilson

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought in 2009 with 43K miles. Within 3 years had to replace the entire back end of car - sometimes certain pieces TWICE! Get only 18 to 19 mpg in the city; maximum I've seen is only 23 mpg and that was only once. Now it seems like I have to replace things in the front. This car is not driven like a maniac; I drive it very safely. Bad vision out of the right window; you can't see cars on the right side. Costs about $50.00 to fill a tank - every week. Fits a lot of stuff inside and is extremely attractive but very expensive on mechanical problems and for gas. Fabric seats are starting to rip (no, I have no pets or children in the car)

Favorite Features

Nice interior; very easy to use. Beautiful outside, too.

Suggested Improvements

They could have made so many more options available; moon roof or sun roof, special "vintage" looking back window, hood ornament, etc. Something is seriously wrong with the front and back end of the car with the suspension.

The small red pt
By opcfan

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car used in a very good shape with a manual. After a new clutch and a full tune-up i drove this car from Nyc to Miami and back. The car was extremely comfortable, able to cruise at 90-100mph with no drama, good handling and 30mpg. Driving in stop and go traffic and getting 20 mpg is not fun but hear compliments from old people. The car never had a mechanical issue.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, sliding armrest, dashboard design, diagnostic system.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap interior quality, foggy headlights, acceleration, fuel consumption

Used As A Designer Car
By ptcrusier

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The second owner which we were looking for a vehicle that is good on gas, is reliable, room, and with a look for the designers. Never had a only have had Jeep Wranglers with Chrysler and being a car and not a car person it is cool to drive at night how it lights up. The only problem is the AUX set broke when hooked into a I-PHONE but most factory stereo are junk any way. Very Happy with this car and am going to set up for company used vehicle runner/ designer cars. COST OF OUT COME EVALUATION!

Favorite Features

Night time Classic Display, hatch back for even two large dogs with able room and it cost on fuel is much more reasonable than a large SUV and Truck for travel.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo system about it!

Cool & Fun Wagon
By dgs49

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This GT wagon rides and handles exceptionally well, and accelerates briskly once you get the turbo to wake up. The riding position is surprisingly high, but I got used to it fairly quickly. I posted this because I didn't see anone else with the turbo and a stick. My mpg is a lot better than I've read here (22-23 combined) on 89 octane. With these cars out of production, the resale value is sinking rapidly, which is a good thing for possible buyers. Mine had 56k miles when I got it and it is very tight and rattle-free.

Favorite Features

Solid feel, good handling, crisp shifting. Roomy for four passengers. Lots of storage space. Still looks good after many years in production.

Suggested Improvements

Out of production so it's too late, but something might have been done about the wide turning radius. Sound system is OK but not as good as I expected. Mileage should be better than it is.

2006 PT CRUISER-Van automatic!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
By candilovs4u

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am in love with this Car!!! It is extremely comfortable and feels very safe and secure. The build and design seems to be very sturdy. It rides smooth, and very spacious. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I have seen a few reviews about mileage complaints but so far its doing great on gas. It's stylish, comfortable, and most importantly affordable for me. I am most definitely happy about this decision.

Favorite Features

I love the fact that the back seats can fold and even be moved if necessary.

Suggested Improvements

I really have any other than I don't have a cruise control option. Then again, i just got the car so, I may need to rad the manual.