2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:
The small red pt
By opcfan on 07/17/14 14:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car used in a very good shape with a manual. After a new clutch and a full tune-up i drove this car from Nyc to Miami and back. The car was extremely comfortable, able to cruise at 90-100mph with no drama, good handling and 30mpg. Driving in stop and go traffic and getting 20 mpg is not fun but hear compliments from old people. The car never had a mechanical issue.

Used As A Designer Car
By ptcrusier on 04/06/13 16:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The second owner which we were looking for a vehicle that is good on gas, is reliable, room, and with a look for the designers. Never had a only have had Jeep Wranglers with Chrysler and being a car and not a car person it is cool to drive at night how it lights up. The only problem is the AUX set broke when hooked into a I-PHONE but most factory stereo are junk any way. Very Happy with this car and am going to set up for company used vehicle runner/ designer cars. COST OF OUT COME EVALUATION!

Cool & Fun Wagon
By dgs49 on 01/22/13 12:08 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This GT wagon rides and handles exceptionally well, and accelerates briskly once you get the turbo to wake up. The riding position is surprisingly high, but I got used to it fairly quickly. I posted this because I didn't see anone else with the turbo and a stick. My mpg is a lot better than I've read here (22-23 combined) on 89 octane. With these cars out of production, the resale value is sinking rapidly, which is a good thing for possible buyers. Mine had 56k miles when I got it and it is very tight and rattle-free.

2006 PT CRUISER-Van automatic!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
By candilovs4u on 09/21/12 08:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am in love with this Car!!! It is extremely comfortable and feels very safe and secure. The build and design seems to be very sturdy. It rides smooth, and very spacious. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I have seen a few reviews about mileage complaints but so far its doing great on gas. It's stylish, comfortable, and most importantly affordable for me. I am most definitely happy about this decision.

Reliable car over the long haul
By mikeru669 on 09/05/12 04:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our 2006 Cruiser with 13K miles on it 66 months ago, we now have 115K miles, we traveled all over the country on all kinds of roads. The Cruiser has been one of the most reliable cars we have owned. Only recurring problem, camshaft positioning sensor replaced twice since car went over 80K. Takes about 15 minutes to replace. Had a Neon prior which the Cruiser is based on. The Neon was one of the 2 or 3 worse cars we ever owned.

wow!!!!! are pt is a Great ride.
By jerry185 on 08/16/12 13:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We love are 2006 pt Cruser MPG in town We get 27 and on the open road we get 33. if you want better MPG. DON'T RUN gas with ethinal. We only got 22 in town and 26 out of town.

177,000 Miles Later
By bacon777 on 06/22/12 07:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2007 as a used car and got my moneys worth. I just passed the 177,000 mark and have had no serious issues but decided to trade it in after I started having my first mechanical problems. The thermostat went bad and then the heater core followed so instead of paying 800 to fix it, I decided it was time to trade it in, but 177,000 miles without any mechanical issues is impressive. Drives nice, was reliable, and fairly inexpensive but parts can be constly. I was told because it uses Mercedes parts as Mercedes owned Chrysler. Also, you have to deal with the ridicule of driving a PT Cruiser but if you're an older lady, you shouldn't have that problem

Wish I knew how expensive it would be to repair
By sim40son on 12/24/11 07:36 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since 2007, it was fine for the 1st year but I had to put brakes on a fairly new car. Have to buy new tires all the time it wears them out, new brakes every year because of the ceramic brake pads bad design. wiring harness went and something else that was not suppose to ever go bad, chrysler paid for that. I have had to put new wheel bearings on, when the timing belt brakes it takes out the whole housing expensive, even a tune up is outrageous. I am reviewing cars this time. I like my PT cruiser, but I do not like the huge expense of repairs, chrysler parts are expensive. My mechanic told me that chylsers are very expensive to repair. wish I new ahead of time.

pt loser
By wintkel on 11/29/11 14:27 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

dealer commited fraud, forged papers, car only got 18 mpg. poor service from chrysler and dealer, could not get warranty work done as parts not available, in the 2 years owned car windows never worked. chrysler advertised a 3 day test drive, wrong, false advertising, don't tell you if you have a trade in that does not apply. dealer called pt cruiser american, wrong, made in Mexico. dealer sold us extended warranty, why do you need this on a 39 month lease when the warranty from chrysler is 36 month, more dealer fraud.

Looks were deceiving.... VERY disappointed
By l8dybg79 on 08/04/11 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

PLEASE reconsider if you are wanting to buy a PT. I bought my '06 used, but only 11 months old & very few miles. I have had a lot of AC problems, heater core, wheels, brakes, and tire problems. AND the back door lock doesn't work (gets stuck locked) until you manually unlock it... a pain when you have kids. It handled well on snow/ice. But that about the only positive thing I can think about it. The biggest complaint I have is the 18-19 mpg! And thats driving 20 miles highway to & from work every day! WHAT A GAS HOG!!!! NOT WHAT THEY SAY IT GETS. And.. I keep up with the maintenance... oil changes, etc. I would definitely reconsider buying a PT Loser!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.